hulika

Author Topic: Preamp users help  (Read 1796 times)

Offline woozah!

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Preamp users help
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:19:42 PM »
hello sirs. i have a behringer gdi21 in my setup(for distortion), and i'd just like to ask how you use your gdi21(or any similar pedal)? do you plug it in the return or the guitar input? what if the amp has no return jack, what do you do? can i still get the tone i hear when it's plugged into the return when i plug it into the guitar input, or is this impossible? or should i go for another dist pedal? thanks. really need your advice.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
Preamp users help
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:37:13 AM »
distortion or gain effects usually are in the guitar-amp chain tapos delay and modulation effects are in the effects loop..
eto usually yung rule of the thumb... by the way, notice my use of the word "usually"...
PERO, siempre, nothing beats experimentation...kung sa ears mo mas maganda na nasa effects loop yung distortion mo, then go for it, walang pipigil sa yo kung yun ang gusto mo...

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
Preamp users help
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:56:17 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
distortion or gain effects usually are in the guitar-amp chain tapos delay and modulation effects are in the effects loop..
eto usually yung rule of the thumb... by the way, notice my use of the word "usually"...
PERO, siempre, nothing beats experimentation...kung sa ears mo mas maganda na nasa effects loop yung distortion mo, then go for it, walang pipigil sa yo kung yun ang gusto mo...

+1!~ Keep tweaking lang. till you get what you want. good luck!
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline woozah!

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Preamp users help
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:09:46 AM »
mr sonnyrayvaughn and mr turiguiliano: thanks for advice! i'll do that.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
Preamp users help
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 09:48:23 AM »
Pag sa rehearsal studio I plug directly sa amp tapos my amps EQ is set to 0.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline woozah!

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Preamp users help
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 11:33:38 AM »
Quote from: stringman

do you still get the same tone? i've tried this already, but the real tone i mixed the gdi for didn't come out, but it got way better when i plugged it into the effects return. so may coloration pa rin... so yun nga, i'm thinking of getting another distortion pedal para hindi ako magkaproblema na lang? or what? ang hirap..

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
Preamp users help
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:56:37 PM »
Quote from: woozah!
Quote from: stringman

do you still get the same tone? i've tried this already, but the real tone i mixed the gdi for didn't come out, but it got way better when i plugged it into the effects return. so may coloration pa rin... so yun nga, i'm thinking of getting another distortion pedal para hindi ako magkaproblema na lang? or what? ang hirap..

Haven't tried it on recording yet. For recording it's best you use the balanced out. Moreover, the GDI21 is not meant as a distortion pedal, you'll get more advantages from this unit if you use it a a direct box, you can't squeeze so much from this unit without getting hum.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.