hulika

Author Topic: Why do most people I know who now works/reside in the middle east..  (Read 3420 times)

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
...are into photography?

I mean, more and more of my friends who work in either Dubai or KSA turn to photography as a hobby?

The place and scenery must be begging for it?
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Why do most people I know who now works/reside in the middle east..
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 12:44:24 AM »
I must have met some of your friends when we toured the middle east... Met a lot in Dubai and Bahrain... Most of them came from Saudi Arabia too... All of them are members of digitalphotographer.com.ph... Some of them are my flickr friends too...

Scenery? Aside from the camels,

this is about all that you're going to see anyway...

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 12:50:13 AM by Dindin »

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:12:09 AM »
thanks for sharing Din.

my friend who been living in Dubai for a month just posted a lot of pictures of sidewalks and building there.

it gave me the impression na parang siya lang ang tao doon.

here was his reply when i threw him the same question:

flushbizkit wrote today at 12:58 PM
sa tingin ko, sa aking palagay, ang lagay ay ganto, pupunta ka sa ibang bansa, wala kang pera, pag nagkatrabaho ka, at malaki ang binigay sa sahod ang bigay ni Lord, syempre, appreciate mo na lang ang lugar mo, matutuon ka ngaun sa iyong aspiration na maging model, kaso ang problema, wala kang itsura, so, naisip mo, ikaw na lang ang kukuha, para astig diba? ehehehehehehe....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 01:17:06 AM by toybitz »

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:25:20 AM »
thanks for sharing Din.

my friend who been living in Dubai for a month just posted a lot of pictures of sidewalks and building there.

it gave me the impression na parang siya lang ang tao doon.

Pare, you've got to see Dubai uplclose! I mean it's an amazing place... They're really having a real estate boom right now! Because after the oil is gone, They have no other resource to lean on to. That's why they're investing on tourism for the future... They're just expanding into the desert. Never I have seen so many cranes on top of buildings being constructed in one place... As for Pinoys... They are the second largest population there... And I mean ang dami! Lalabas lang ako ng hotel para magyosi biglang may sisigaw na IDOL!!!

12,000 strong... And that's not even 10% of the whole Filipino population in Dubai... Dig those emPad wedges too! hehehe

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 01:30:39 AM »

flushbizkit wrote today at 12:58 PM
sa tingin ko, sa aking palagay, ang lagay ay ganto, pupunta ka sa ibang bansa, wala kang pera, pag nagkatrabaho ka, at malaki ang binigay sa sahod ang bigay ni Lord, syempre, appreciate mo na lang ang lugar mo, matutuon ka ngaun sa iyong aspiration na maging model, kaso ang problema, wala kang itsura, so, naisip mo, ikaw na lang ang kukuha, para astig diba? ehehehehehehe....

You can suggest to him to join the forums at digitalphotographer.com.ph

There is a group of Filipino OFW's who are also into photography. They meet regularly to go out and shoot... Unless, he's a member na...

Offline mayk_bam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 02:59:09 PM »
hehe, medyo mura din kase ng konti ang mga photography gears dun...especially the L and Nikkor glasses... :?
Ibanez RG530 DX, Korg X50

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 03:40:11 AM »
...are into photography?

I mean, more and more of my friends who work in either Dubai or KSA turn to photography as a hobby?

The place and scenery must be begging for it?
oo nga napansn ko din talaga yan. napakadaming pinoy ang nagaaral ng photography dito.. at balak ko din pag tagal

siguro dahil sa libre or mura ang turo dito. dun sa OWA
PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE....

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 04:48:19 AM »
You can suggest to him to join the forums at digitalphotographer.com.ph

There is a group of Filipino OFW's who are also into photography. They meet regularly to go out and shoot... Unless, he's a member na...

sige Din, I'll tell him about this.

I'll tell him you told me, he'll appreciate it.

Offline bhenard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 08:59:02 PM »
oo nga napansn ko din talaga yan. napakadaming pinoy ang nagaaral ng photography dito.. at balak ko din pag tagal

Oo nga noh?

diko masyadong napupuna tuwing nandyan ako,i have three friends na photographer din at prang may group sila dyan pag nagtatawagan.

Hmmmm,

text ko nga sila about this......

Roland,...Korg,...or Yamaha?
Need Digital Pianos/Organs/Keyboards?..0949-8708-620
Yamaha S90es,Kawai KS1 acoustic piano. Yamaha Baby grand.Roland FA06 Synth. Yamaha CVP-307 digital piano.Yamaha KA20 kbord amp.Roland HD-1 v-drums lite

Offline purplehaze

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 11:05:15 AM »
Simple lang i think..

A lot of people are really into or would like to go into photography KASO
photography is still somewhat expensive hobby (specially films)

now comes that opportunity to work abroad... like in dubai.. (or anywhere else) and viola!! MAY extra dough/bread na si juan and the first thing you get with the extra bread is buy a camera!!! of course..
This is what happened to me.. nuong una patingin tingin lang.. tapos when i got my first cheque/payment sa overseas job ko punta agad sa camera shop.. I was surprised when I went to the camera shop... halos puro ka opismyt at pinoy kami... matagal na pala kaming nagnanasang makabili ng camera...

halos naubos yung stock ng shop ... he he he.
duon mu talaga makikita ang pagka natural 'artistic' talent ng pinoy. In born talaga. You can also see this sa music shops...

Sayang lang talaga na so many talented pinoys but because of economic situation it's very hard to buy the right and good equipment/instruments dahil siyempre you have to take care of your basic needs first, which is food...
 :cry: :cry:

Offline makLoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 05:16:33 PM »
sa Dubai?

andun ang Burj Al Arab e..  :roll:

On the time of superstition man created God.. On the time of greed man created War.. -makLoy-