hulika

Author Topic: The DJ Lounge  (Read 17106 times)

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
The DJ Lounge
« on: June 03, 2011, 12:23:04 AM »
I'm looking for a thread for DJ's. mods please redirect me kung meron na, thanks.

If not then let me set the ball rolling.

Offline jericho_r

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: The DJ Lounge
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 12:43:33 AM »
I was actually looking for one myself  :-)

If there's none then let me keep the ball rolling by putting my current setup (sorry newbie)

Hercules RMX
Traktor Pro
Dell Inspiron 1525
Stanton Cm-205
Stanton c.500

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »
I was actually looking for one myself  :-)

If there's none then let me keep the ball rolling by putting my current setup (sorry newbie)

Hercules RMX
Traktor Pro
Dell Inspiron 1525
Stanton Cm-205
Stanton c.500

nice setup there. I'm a beginner myself. pero you are aware of the displeasure of the vinyl users over digital people are you?

Offline Blueberri

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 05:20:47 PM »
Nice thread you started here...

nice setup there. I'm a beginner myself. pero you are aware of the displeasure of the vinyl users over digital people are you?

....but lets not turn this into a Vinyl vs Controller thread, there's tons of those all over the net.

Lets just focus on sharing knowledge and helping others. :-D

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »

....but lets not turn this into a Vinyl vs Controller thread, there's tons of those all over the net.

thanks, and I can't disagree much with what you said.

seriously I'm having problems with native beatmatching. see, the real challenge in being a dj is to use and rely on your ears. beatmatching with a program is a breeze, pero now I'm trying to learn it strictly by ear.

Offline constantpressure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 03:29:05 PM »

very true...
Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them
Those who have much are often greedy, those who have little always share...Oscar Wilde

Offline constantpressure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »
thanks, and I can't disagree much with what you said.

seriously I'm having problems with native beatmatching. see, the real challenge in being a dj is to use and rely on your ears. beatmatching with a program is a breeze, pero now I'm trying to learn it strictly by ear.

to beatmatch...you need to know the Beat Per Minute (BPM) in order to have on what we use to call it in the old days as "Splicing"...it may have an 8 beats to 32 beat splicing depending on the style of Intro or Break...then you have to study the song or music for the preparation of next song called " Seque" or Transition...this can be with respect to its Key or just what ever the DJ feels is better for showmanship.

but first...know how to get your bpm

sample...http://soundcloud.com/dj_jojo_md/80s90sfreestyle-dj_jojo_md
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:53:35 PM by constantpressure »
Those who have much are often greedy, those who have little always share...Oscar Wilde

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 05:06:24 PM »
to beatmatch...you need to know the Beat Per Minute (BPM) in order to have on what we use to call it in the old days as "Splicing"...it may have an 8 beats to 32 beat splicing depending on the style of Intro or Break...then you have to study the song or music for the preparation of next song called " Seque" or Transition...this can be with respect to its Key or just what ever the DJ feels is better for showmanship.

but first...know how to get your bpm

sample...http://soundcloud.com/dj_jojo_md/80s90sfreestyle-dj_jojo_md

thanks, I'm practicing using my controller with Virtual DJ, but I try not to look at the BPM counters. I choose 2 tracks with at least 3-5 BPM difference, play it together and find the right mix using only the pitch control. really hard as of now.

Offline roadmazter

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 03:55:27 AM »
hi guys! im starting to get into DJ-ing and i was wondering baka someone here knows Queensky Electronics Asia na from Zamboanga? im planning to get my kit from them kase, eh malayo so they have to ship it pa here to MNL, im getting skeptic about them lang kaya im double checking. haha thanks in advance guys!

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 08:04:06 AM »
hi guys! im starting to get into DJ-ing and i was wondering baka someone here knows Queensky Electronics Asia na from Zamboanga? im planning to get my kit from them kase, eh malayo so they have to ship it pa here to MNL, im getting skeptic about them lang kaya im double checking. haha thanks in advance guys!

I've heard and seen about their ads in another website, and I'm skeptical also.
stuck with JB, paid for more pero got the item a few minutes after, with six months warranty. that's a real bang for the buck.

BTT.
tried my first mixtape already, concocted 5 songs (all mainstream tracks). sounded pretty decent, tho I still find it awful :) need a lot of practice pa.

Offline jericho_r

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 10:45:43 PM »
BTT.
tried my first mixtape already, concocted 5 songs (all mainstream tracks). sounded pretty decent, tho I still find it awful :) need a lot of practice pa.

Sample! Sample!  :-D

Practiced beatmatching before but found that it ate up a lot of my time. Practiced song transitions instead. I just focused all the time and effort of trying to beatmatch into finding the right effects, timing, key and song to transition smoothly.

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
Sample! Sample!  :-D

Practiced beatmatching before but found that it ate up a lot of my time. Practiced song transitions instead. I just focused all the time and effort of trying to beatmatch into finding the right effects, timing, key and song to transition smoothly.

haha bad idea yun for now, need to practice more.
besides, I don't know where to post my mixes online.

Offline constantpressure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 05:54:47 AM »
haha bad idea yun for now, need to practice more.
besides, I don't know where to post my mixes online.

soundcloud.com   or  official.fm

Magandang araw,
jojo

Offline constantpressure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:56:17 PM by constantpressure »

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »
Sample House Mix...

http://official.fm/tracks/261562

wow, seriously I need some training...
this is darn good!

p.s. do you offer tutorials? hehe

Offline jericho_r

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 01:52:55 AM »
Sample House Mix...

http://official.fm/tracks/261562

Ganda Sir! Smooth ng transitions!

Here's my account. Feel free to give feedback mga masters  :-D Mostly pop music.

http://upstart-erik.official.fm

Offline constantpressure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 12:32:23 PM »
wow, seriously I need some training...
this is darn good!

p.s. do you offer tutorials? hehe

Salamat Sir...kayang kaya mo yan Sir...likas sa pinoy ang talento...paraktice at keep on listening sa mga sample mixes take notes on some transition techniques at bilamgan mo yung mga beats...intro to break to outro...ang key ay laging nasa bilang ng beats...Precision.

http://official.fm/tracks/261909

Enjoy!
jojo
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:27:44 PM by constantpressure »

Offline sl1200ltd

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »
 :-)

Offline constantpressure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 07:43:58 AM »

Offline bembmd

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »
http://official.fm/tracks/264037

hey, where did you get your beats? yung tipong beats lang with no lyrics? PM me na lang :)

Offline constantpressure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 07:48:36 AM »

Offline ohms05

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 08:28:43 AM »
Galing ng mga mix mo sir jojo. Ako din turuan mo mag mix

Offline constantpressure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
Galing ng mga mix mo sir jojo. Ako din turuan mo mag mix

naku ikaw pa Sir...anytime...setup natin touchscreen dj mo...mura yan DIY natin...hehehe...waiting pa ako sa Rane Serato Timecode Vinyl ko to arrive...

Offline dragwarz05

• Netizen Level
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »
naku ikaw pa Sir...anytime...setup natin touchscreen dj mo...mura yan DIY natin...hehehe...waiting pa ako sa Rane Serato Timecode Vinyl ko to arrive...

aba!...dj ka din pala sir jojo...may mobile ka po ba?pwede pics naman sa mga gigs mo...ty

Offline constantpressure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »
aba!...dj ka din pala sir jojo...may mobile ka po ba?pwede pics naman sa mga gigs mo...ty

Naku Sir...Libangan ko na lang ito...lolo na ako 52 years old...tagal na ako huminto...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:19:22 AM by constantpressure »