hulika

Author Topic: Let's produce a Philmusic album!  (Read 13092 times)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
Let's produce a Philmusic album!
« on: October 04, 2007, 10:42:12 AM »
to Mr Jim and fellow forumites, what say you we produce a philmusic album for commercial release?  :-D

featured bands would be philmusic members (pro's and amateurs alike).  a couple of us have recording studios so actual production wouldn't be much of a problem. 

the only thing we need hard cash for would be cd replication.  on the PR side, im guessing we have lots of members here who can perhaps help us out ;)

tara  :evil:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 10:43:25 AM by starfugger »
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Let's produce a Philmusic album!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:13:02 AM »
Kewl idea.  I'm sure ang daming gusto sumali (incl. myself).  Maybe too many to handle in one cd (just making a shortlist will be a tedious process).  You think it's a good idea to have cds by genre?  Or
- hard rock and metal
- classic rock and blues
- rap/hip hop
- acoustic groups and soloists (incl. piano)

Pwede ring i-organize by instrument -- "PhilMusicians on... "
- Drums
- Electric Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
- Piano
- Bass
- Kazoo  :-D

Para interesting... each cd project can go to different studios/engineers, para may pseudo/friendly-competition din. :-)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 11:23:49 AM »
haha sakin nalang ang KAFKA  :evil:

yeah joric that would be a cool thing to do, have several volumes out.

pwede din chopsuey per volume and then just release a series of volumes ... or BOX SET ... nakanang!!!

i was thinking pwede din tulad ng apo album where the songs were distributed over a handful of studios.  tedious kasi mag produce ng isang album but it is quite easy to produce just a couple of songs ... hindi malaking problema ang production if we do it this way ...

pati album art and photography madami sigurong mag vovolunteer gumawa ... lahat puro galing philmusic. 

this would be a great way to showcase pinoy talent and promote camaraderie and unity diba?  another thing, we have musicians abroad who also have access to recording equipment ... pati sila kasali shempre!  ang saya diba? :-)

let's wait and see what Mr Jim and our fellow forumites will say. 

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 11:25:53 AM by starfugger »
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 12:01:32 PM »
There was a move like this already way back in 1997 hehehe. It fizzled out. It was dubbed "The Philippine Internet Music Compilation".  Yup it was a project borne from the then Philmusic mailing list which was hosted by iphil at the time :D

Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 03:23:28 PM »
maganda yan. pagpipilian lang talaga mga artists. dami kasi natin sobra eh..:) kahit volume pa, marami pa rin..:) pano nyo gagawin yun?
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 08:57:17 PM »
yeah, madami nga tayo masyado kaya pagpipilian talaga. im waiting for suggestions as to how we can go about the selection of material and/or musicians to be featured.  do we feature pre-existing bands or do we form new bands from current members? 

BAMF,  im guessing the production process will be a lot easier this time because a lot of us have access to recording equipment now.  howerver, the selection process could be the real challenge pero kaya yan! :)

we could even collaborate every step of the way, recording parts of a song in different studios.  that would be a lot of fun.   :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 09:00:05 PM by starfugger »

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 03:02:58 AM »
KitC, BAMF and Me are some sort of brainstorming about this project a while ago while having a few drinks.

We came up with an idea that per studio who's gonna be involve in this project would get musicians from the forums and sort of make a project band then compose and arrange a song for the Album Project.

Well.... thats just us....

Anymore Ideas? :)
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 06:02:02 AM »
How's the podcast's Indielicious for a source of music?
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 08:53:56 AM »
KitC, BAMF and Me are some sort of brainstorming about this project a while ago while having a few drinks.

We came up with an idea that per studio who's gonna be involve in this project would get musicians from the forums and sort of make a project band then compose and arrange a song for the Album Project.

Well.... thats just us....

Anymore Ideas? :)

pwede!  we can also take from the podcasts like inigo said.  i was even thinking we could feature not just the musicians but some much talked about gear as well like, say, the baker or diezel, or elegee guitars para captured ng husto ang spirit ng philmusic ;)

i also talked to our friend shinji and he also likes the idea.  masaya 'to!  :-D

pero before anything else we have to get mr jim's permission first because the album will be carrying the PHILMUSIC name. 

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 08:58:22 AM by starfugger »

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 09:02:21 AM »
i guess important factors such as the following have to be clearly established first for a successful endeavor:

1.  criteria for selection of material/musicians
2.  album producer
3.  funds for replication (preselling once the production process have been completed? sponsors like music stores, etc..)

mas maraming collaborations mas maganda :) 

tuloy tuloy lang brainstorming until we hit something close to a specific solution then let's hold a meeting (if and when we get a go signal from the forum onwner) :)
 sana matuloy ... in time for christmas!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 09:19:29 AM by starfugger »

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 09:39:44 AM »
idea lang for selection of musicians:

we can get 15 drummers from the drum forum, 30-40 guitarists from guitar central, 15 vocaists from the vocal booth, and so on and so forth ... then mix and match them to form project bands covering Philmusic featured genres (rock, jazz, classical, etc...)

idea lang

gano ba kadaming songs ang kasya talaga sa isang cd?  an 80 min cd couldhold as much as 20 3.5-min songs, right?  so we can have 10-15 project bands, then 5-10 pre-existing bands :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 09:49:34 AM by starfugger »

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 10:51:39 AM »
wow, sana matuloy. panood ha.:)
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline emetek

• Netizen Level
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 11:29:31 AM »
aba ganda yan ha.. philmusic band... watch na lng c me and listen.. ano ba yan free download yan mga kanta na yan.. may video ba.. or magkano yan CD .. bili ako para makatulong sa mga pinoy band..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 11:30:38 AM by emetek »
PAINTING REPRO NI BOBBY BALINGIT 500 PESOS LNG WITH SIGNATURE AT TULA
bobby balingit classical guitar CD.. title"GRASA" get the copy now or txt #09159473506 .. ma mi mis nyo kalahati ng buhay nyo

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 11:39:05 AM »
Sige..sali ako.. nde tutugtog, hindi kakanta, sa recording na lang ako.. 8-).. kelan ba yan Hazel? yung project nila Jepoy inaapura ko pa ngayon..
Music is art in sound...

Offline palolo_worm

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 02:11:28 PM »
i used to contribute drum tracks over the internet for a forum (homerecording.com) when i was still living in baguio, but i think actually meeting and recording with real band mates would be better. :)

Offline babolnart

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 06:36:30 PM »
pwede!  we can also take from the podcasts like inigo said.  i was even thinking we could feature not just the musicians but some much talked about gear as well like, say, the baker or diezel, or elegee guitars para captured ng husto ang spirit ng philmusic ;)

i also talked to our friend shinji and he also likes the idea.  masaya 'to!  :-D

pero before anything else we have to get mr jim's permission first because the album will be carrying the PHILMUSIC name. 

what about a "reality TV" type of audition....
parang "starstruck"
tapos pipili lang ng.... hmmm... lets say 15 bands or 10 bands...
those 15 bands will play their composition....
nga lang kailangan may "Registration" at may "Theme"
yung registration may certain time frame lang... lets say 1 month..
tapos pag marami nang registered...
time to think about the theme...
pag may theme na...
start of "eliminations" which can be done per region like NCR / LUZON / VISAYAS /MINDANAO / and since mayron mga taga ibang bansa... /INTERNATIONAL (o diba?)

para naman sa mga kasamahan natin na walang banda pero may sariling tinutugtog na instrumento...

parang starstruck pa ren... nga lang... parang bubuo naman ng banda using those individual instrumentalists at vocalist...

tas pag buo na ang 10 - 15 amateur bands at meron na ren nabuong new amatuer band from our  instrumentalist... kasama sila sa isang album...

tapos

separate naman ang album nung mga existing pro bands...

or pwedeng halo ang pro at amateur bands sa isang album or maybe volumes...
=============

naisip ko lang po ito... dahil sa mga ni-post nyo...hehehe
napakalaking event po ito... pag nangyari...
shempre sali yung band ko dito... whehehe

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 06:58:25 PM by babolnart »

Offline chette

• kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 12:08:15 AM »
Hmmm pwede

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 12:32:47 AM »
Hmmm pwede

Oh... that's like somewhat an endorsement already, hehehe.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 10:25:37 AM »
I think we should start with submitted demos. The problem now becomes on who will administer this.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 10:41:47 AM »
kit, if and when we get permission from the forum owners we should hold a meeting :)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »
We can actually volunteer PIMP as an HQ for this project.
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 11:11:48 AM »
We can actually volunteer PIMP as an HQ for this project.

:-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 04:32:39 PM »
I think we should start with submitted demos. The problem now becomes on who will administer this.

What if the 'producer' per genre or cd made the shortlisting, with final approval of jim/chette? 

That begs the question: who's handling which genre or whatever grouping is used...

Offline smashing_kalabasa

• Netizen Level
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 06:48:52 PM »
great idea hazel..! pasali naman ako, kahit taga masahe lang ng likod ng mga bossing dito! i'll be visiting this thread para pag may meeting sama ako, epal lang hehehe... sana i approve ni boss jim...=)
you are turning into something you are not
- thom york

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 07:31:50 PM »
great idea hazel..! pasali naman ako, kahit taga masahe lang ng likod ng mga bossing dito! i'll be visiting this thread para pag may meeting sama ako, epal lang hehehe... sana i approve ni boss jim...=)

Okay. Report to PIMP studios tomorrow, 3pm. We will audition you. Bring massage oil hahahaha.  :-D :-D :-D :-D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633