hulika

Author Topic: Question for building a gaming pc..  (Read 5111 times)

Offline lowtuneduser

• Forum Fanatic
Question for building a gaming pc..
« on: February 20, 2007, 12:18:36 AM »
mga sir,

ano ba mga kelangan kong processors,motherboards and ilang memory kelangan ko para maging smooth yung games pero yung hindi naman sagad,yung tama lang yung specs pero smooth pag nggames ako yung tipong kahit yung mga games ngaun,yung talagang magiging smooth pero yung mkakatipid ako. mas ok kung mabbgyan nyo ako ng specs na kelangan ko. sa ngaun kase eto setup ko: Asus P4S800 Motherboard, Intel Celeron 2.40Ghz, 640MB of Ram, Seagate Barracuda 160GB, Seagate Barracuda 80GB, Geforce FX 5500 256MB 128bit.

2005 pa kase yung setup ko kaya balak ko mgupgrade.

maraming salamat po sa mga mgreresponse.
ESP LTD Viper 301 • Dimebag Crybaby •  Boss NS-2 • Boss ML-2 • Boss GE-7 • Boss BF-3 • Boss PH-2 • Boss TR-2 • Boss DD-3 • Korg DT-3 Tuner • Kalikot Audio PSU • GHS ZW String (.11-.70) • Custom Pedalb

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Question for building a gaming pc..
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:50:43 AM »
ok here it goes...

Budgetwise Intel Setup:

intel c2d e6600 - Php 17,600.00
Asus Commando, Php 13,350.00

R X1950 PRO 512MBDDR3/256-bit, Php 13,150.00

Corsair 1GB DDR2 667Mhz, Php 6,200.00

budget wise AMD Setup:

X2 4600, Php 13,850.00
ASUS Crosshair, Php 16,200.00
geil GX21GB4300X (1 GB) Single, Php 6,850.00
GF 7900 GS 256 MB DDR3/256-bit, Php 9,700.00

pasensya na kung mejo mahal mga motherboards na sinaggest ko ... might as well get the best na kesa getting an upgrade later

PEACE!
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline jefft

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:16:33 AM »
tol.. depende sa budget mo yan... how much be budget mo?  if you plan to upgrade for gaming better upgrade your processor, ram and video card.

better switch to dual core procs either from AMD or intel. Here's my suggestions

for an INTEL BASED system:

Processor:  Get at least the E4300 Core2Duo  =  9000 PHP  - faster the core duo and mas matipid kuryente
Motherboard: Get at least boards that has intel chipsets 965or 975 = 6000  PHP ATLEAST -DDR2 AND PCIE support
Memory: Get at least 1 GB of ram DDR2 = 6000 PHP 
Video card: Get at least Nvidia 7300 gt ddr3 /7600 gs / ATI x1300 or x1600 (256MB/128bit) = 5000 php

for an AMD BASED system:

Processor:  Get at least the X2 Athlon 64 3800+ =7000 php ( i think)
Motherboard: Get at least boards that has the latest NVIDIA CHIPSETS or any other mobo that has DDR2 AND PCIE support. = 4000 PHP
Video card: Get at least Nvidia 7300 gt ddr3 /7600 gs / ATI x1300 or x1600 = 5000 php

Hard drive: you can use your old ones
you may need to upgrade you power supply to 500watts

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:49:15 AM by jefft »
" it's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do".

Offline lowtuneduser

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 02:13:13 AM »
salamat sa mga suggestion sir! hmm mahal pa din! hehehe! pwde kayang bili na lang ako ng pentium4 3.0ghz s478 then upgrade ako sa 1gb memory? then yung board ko hndi ko napapalitan. hndi na kaya mgbabagal dun mga games na latest ngaun?

salamat talaga sa mga reply! :-)
ESP LTD Viper 301 • Dimebag Crybaby •  Boss NS-2 • Boss ML-2 • Boss GE-7 • Boss BF-3 • Boss PH-2 • Boss TR-2 • Boss DD-3 • Korg DT-3 Tuner • Kalikot Audio PSU • GHS ZW String (.11-.70) • Custom Pedalb

Offline soulshifter

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 02:28:53 AM »
kung balak mo maglaro ng latest games medyo mahihirapan ka kung mem lang and papaltan mo pati processor. usually ung new games require higher video card models. kung budgeted ka hindi mo kailangan ng 1950... you can get lower models like the nvidia 7600,.. around 5+k katapat ito ng ati radeon 1600,..1650. don't get the 1600 and 1650 kasi may problem sa pixel shader 3 ata.

anyway if you have more questions you drop me an email lian.cayco@gmail.com kasi may small business ako selling and setting up computers pati upgrades. maybe i can help get you what you want within the budget that you have.  :-D

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 03:06:34 AM »
pards ang latest games usually mabagal na sa mga agp cards and yung p4 3.0 s478 eh ang mobo lang nun eh puros agp lang.

member ka din naman sa tipidpc browse ka na lang dun. daming majajackpotan ng murang parts. tama si soulshifter may problem ang pixel shader 3 ng lower ati radeons, better get the x1800 pataas or kung sa nvidia naman you can settle with 7600gt like what im using right now.

Offline jefft

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 03:58:27 AM »
kung balak mo maglaro ng latest games medyo mahihirapan ka kung mem lang and papaltan mo pati processor. usually ung new games require higher video card models. kung budgeted ka hindi mo kailangan ng 1950... you can get lower models like the nvidia 7600,.. around 5+k katapat ito ng ati radeon 1600,..1650. don't get the 1600 and 1650 kasi may problem sa pixel shader 3 ata.

anyway if you have more questions you drop me an email lian.cayco@gmail.com kasi may small business ako selling and setting up computers pati upgrades. maybe i can help get you what you want within the budget that you have.  :-D

+1 dito

to cut costs.. prioritize getting a higher end video card just like whats suggested above... if still not satisfied... upgrade your processor followed by a memory upgrade...
 :-D

@ sir soulshifter

do you have socket 775  or am2 mobos that supports ddr1 and ddr2 with X16 pci-e??? Kasi am planning to upgrade too... my present rig is an AMD athlon xp 2000+(s462), 768 mb ddr333, and AGP video (fx5200 128mb/64bit)... Gusto ko sana mag upgrade to an intel core duo or am2 based system... but i want to be able to use at least my memory and video card... so far i've found the asrock775 dual vista and asus pvdc-x that has ddr1/ddr2 and agp/pcie support.. kaya lang ung pcie on those mobos only support x4 mode... do you have other available options? thanks!

Offline soulshifter

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »
@jefft cige bro will try to find you one. not too sure though kung meron na higher than x4 mode. i'll pm u asap soon as my tech gets back.  :-D

Offline soulshifter

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 01:54:08 AM »
@jefft mulled it over a bit and got info for you bro.

1st option kasi sa upgrade mo is getting the processor/mobo/memory combo right. according to my techie friend, it would be better to invest like on a mid-end processor then invest the rest on the memory. On the intel side I would suggest the e6300 or e6400. true the e6600 may have double the cache, but the amount of money you'd probably drop to get one of them would at the moment seem impractical. Unless you're overflowing with cash. On the AMD side the 3800+ x2 and 4200+ x2 are good options. If you're going to lay down this much cash anyway forgo the 3600+ x2. Now since you opted for the mid-end procies, spend that extra cash on good memory. I suggest getting ddr2 667 memories. not 533s but 667. the extra speed helps in gaming. if you can afford it go for the 800s. and always try to buy in pairs (1gb = 2x512) or (2gb = 2x1gb) to take advantage of the dual channel architecture of modern motherboards. corsair is a good brand, even the value series chips are fast enough. For intel motherboards i advise going with the 965 and 975 chipsets for these are the most updated and feature-packed boards. gigabyte, asus, intel and msi make good boards but are however pretty expensive. You could actually go with an ECS to save on cash, just don't expect the features of the former boards. oh and i know that most gigabyte boards have their pcie slots running at full 16x so that should help. :) i would really push you to go gigabyte actually. :) on the amd side you could go with asrock, epox, asus and msi. redfox/biostar may also be an option, although i know these boards have x4, x8 pcie slots only. the nvidia 4 and 6100/6150 chipsets are pretty trick and should serve you well. for more features though go with the nv4. if you're into having smaller sized microatx pcs, go with 965 chipsets for intel and 6100 chipsets for amd. :) hmmm concerning your memory issues. i would suggest (if you can splurge) to go with ddr2. i haven't had the opportunity to check all the ddr1/ddr2 compatible boards, but they are slowly thinning out, that's why i suggest you go ddr2.  :mrgreen: my techie friend is actually running an x2 3800+ on an epox 6100 board, 2gb corsair 667s on dual channel and a 7600gt 256mb for good graphic measure.

just balance your expenses. don't go with an uber fast and powerful vid card and don't splurge on the fastest processor. just get the mid end hook it up with sufficient memory (1gb is recomended) and a midrange vid card. (256mb recomended) oh and do go sata or sata2 to improve transfer speeds. depends on your need what size a hard drive you get, but to be able to speed things up incrementally get a fast hard drive. ill keep on looking for possible options concerning your memory, but as of the moment, i hope this elongated message helps.  :-D

Offline jefft

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 05:06:17 AM »
@jefft mulled it over a bit and got info for you bro.

1st option kasi sa upgrade mo is getting the processor/mobo/memory combo right. according to my techie friend, it would be better to invest like on a mid-end processor then invest the rest on the memory. On the intel side I would suggest the e6300 or e6400. true the e6600 may have double the cache, but the amount of money you'd probably drop to get one of them would at the moment seem impractical. Unless you're overflowing with cash. On the AMD side the 3800+ x2 and 4200+ x2 are good options. If you're going to lay down this much cash anyway forgo the 3600+ x2. Now since you opted for the mid-end procies, spend that extra cash on good memory. I suggest getting ddr2 667 memories. not 533s but 667. the extra speed helps in gaming. if you can afford it go for the 800s. and always try to buy in pairs (1gb = 2x512) or (2gb = 2x1gb) to take advantage of the dual channel architecture of modern motherboards. corsair is a good brand, even the value series chips are fast enough. For intel motherboards i advise going with the 965 and 975 chipsets for these are the most updated and feature-packed boards. gigabyte, asus, intel and msi make good boards but are however pretty expensive. You could actually go with an ECS to save on cash, just don't expect the features of the former boards. oh and i know that most gigabyte boards have their pcie slots running at full 16x so that should help. :) i would really push you to go gigabyte actually. :) on the amd side you could go with asrock, epox, asus and msi. redfox/biostar may also be an option, although i know these boards have x4, x8 pcie slots only. the nvidia 4 and 6100/6150 chipsets are pretty trick and should serve you well. for more features though go with the nv4. if you're into having smaller sized microatx pcs, go with 965 chipsets for intel and 6100 chipsets for amd. :) hmmm concerning your memory issues. i would suggest (if you can splurge) to go with ddr2. i haven't had the opportunity to check all the ddr1/ddr2 compatible boards, but they are slowly thinning out, that's why i suggest you go ddr2.  :mrgreen: my techie friend is actually running an x2 3800+ on an epox 6100 board, 2gb corsair 667s on dual channel and a 7600gt 256mb for good graphic measure.

just balance your expenses. don't go with an uber fast and powerful vid card and don't splurge on the fastest processor. just get the mid end hook it up with sufficient memory (1gb is recomended) and a midrange vid card. (256mb recomended) oh and do go sata or sata2 to improve transfer speeds. depends on your need what size a hard drive you get, but to be able to speed things up incrementally get a fast hard drive. ill keep on looking for possible options concerning your memory, but as of the moment, i hope this elongated message helps.  :-D

Thank you for a rather very detailed advice sir ...  :-D  a mid-end set up would actually be ideal ... if i only had a lot to spend:cry:.... i would probably just continue saving up and then do my upgrade by march or april...   your suggestions really made up my mind... i'll probably sell my old rig and get a new one... i think i'll go move to ddr2... ... anyways thanks again sir soulshifter... :-)

Offline lowtuneduser

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 04:08:33 PM »
baka ganon na nga lang din gawin ko, mid-range setup na lang. ipon muna ng konting pera :-D

maraming salamat mga sir!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 05:12:58 PM »
around 35k may ok ok ka ng gaming pc dude.

Offline Pimiento

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 05:59:03 PM »
around 35k may ok ok ka ng gaming pc dude.

pre, palist naman ng specs ng CPU if ang budget is 25k.. CPU lang pre wala monitor...for gaming cpu.. tnx!

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 10:03:56 PM »
PS3 ka na lang! hehehe :-D
PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE....

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 11:47:11 PM »
http://www.pinoypc.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=28

adjust mo na lang yung Lite or Power Box (i.e. no monitor and stuff).
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline click_me^^

• Netizen Level
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 11:47:56 PM »
Less than 25K setup:

Go for an NForce 4 board... Mron ECS nito...
Amd 64 3000 or 32000
Then try to score a PCI-e 7300 GT DDR3 256 MB Video Card...
Mag 80 Gig or 120 Gig Sata Drive ka...
1 GIG (512MB X 2) na Kingston DDR PC6700 Ram ka...
DVD R/RW
500W casing
Matibay na keyboard at mouse...

Di na uso ang floppy ngayun...

This is my setup and I am totally happy with it... I play WoW at full resolution and Need for Speed Carbon at 1024 X 768 with all features maxed out...

I spent less than 23K for my setup...

Hope this helps...

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 12:26:27 AM »
well... i have an AMD64 3000+ based system, too. but there's no way i'd recommend a similar system to people today. it's a great platform... 2 or 3 years ago.

ang mura na ng Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 ngayon. much much more powerful than the old AMD64, and if you're a bit of an enthusiast, you can overclock the thing to match E6400-E6600 speeds.

Offline D3m1tr1

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 01:41:45 PM »
Palit ka lang ng processor, gawin mo na Intel P4 3.2 Ghz. Tapos bugbugin mo lang ng memory, yun naman ang important eh, since budgeted ka...pero depende sa motherboard mo kung ilang gig ang supported ng motherboard mo, malamang ang memory mo yung PC-400...atleast mag minimum ka ng 2gig PC-400 na kingston. Mag bawas ka din ng mga programs sa system tray mo, kasi mga active na program yun that would eat some memory...Hope it helps...God bless.  :-D
"Live life with a purpose" from "Purpose driven life"

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »
hmmm... that might work assuming that Pimiento does have a S478 system.

but you do have a point. you can sacrifice a bit of CPU power in favor of more RAM and a faster video card.

Offline D3m1tr1

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 03:37:17 PM »
hmmm... that might work assuming that Pimiento does have a S478 system.

but you do have a point. you can sacrifice a bit of CPU power in favor of more RAM and a faster video card.

Salamat sir...

In addition pala, Proper exaust...God bless.  :-)
"Live life with a purpose" from "Purpose driven life"

Offline Paco_38

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »
if you're looking for a nice cooling solution for your video card, i recccomend using the evercool Rocket V, it's cheap and would suffice for the time being...you can only find it in Tipid PC headquarters though for around 1k. my video card temps dropped by 10-11 degrees when i installed that cooler
|B.C. Rich 1988 Class Axe Warlock | Ibanez RG350EX | Line-6 άberMetal | Line-6 PocketPod | Line-6 Spider III