hulika

Author Topic: Zendrive OD Pedal Thread w/ sounclips & pics.  (Read 17579 times)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Zendrive Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 03:49:04 AM »
Wow, just got the email today. I emailed him at the beginning of April. No wonder there's a last minute Zendrive 'panic selling' on ebay.
who Bart? the guy selling the Ethos?
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 03:52:04 AM »
who Bart? the guy selling the Ethos?

No, on ebay. Search for Zendrive, there must be more than 10 listed today. Haha.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 06:30:48 AM »

No, on ebay. Search for Zendrive, there must be more than 10 listed today. Haha.
yeah...the Ethos is a great pedal .... a lot of knobs..which I don't like ...but the tone from the youtube video is nice.... can easily ask Jack Zucker for that.... it's just the Zen but with bigger balls.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 08:06:35 AM »
hey phil!

nice lines you go there, you're nailing that carlton vibe to the wall, man.

vegetablejoe brought his zendrive to my recent open counseling session, and i ended up using it all through out! first, through his greco les papul, then through his fernandes tele.

here are my thoughts- veggie summed it up when he said "instant robben ford". that sweet midrange chirp, the smoothness of its drive really captures the characteristics of ford and carltons singing overdrive. i like how it cuts, and how it maintains a good level of transparency. i heard joey puyat use one at handlebar when he got his (i got the vid clips in my cam phone, for lick stealing purposes  :evil:) and he commented that evening about the same.

i dont thnk the zen could be a desert island / swiss army knife pedal. it doesnt matter though, because for what it does, it does with flying colors  :-)

i'm kinda gassing for one too, but my latest toy kinda done me over... maybe in the future. its good that alf has expedited the waiting time, and killed that wankers market where people were jacking up the prices to unbelievable amounts on evil bay
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 08:43:12 AM »
hey phil!

nice lines you go there, you're nailing that carlton vibe to the wall, man.

vegetablejoe brought his zendrive to my recent open counseling session, and i ended up using it all through out! first, through his greco les papul, then through his fernandes tele.

here are my thoughts- veggie summed it up when he said "instant robben ford". that sweet midrange chirp, the smoothness of its drive really captures the characteristics of ford and carltons singing overdrive. i like how it cuts, and how it maintains a good level of transparency. i heard joey puyat use one at handlebar when he got his (i got the vid clips in my cam phone, for lick stealing purposes  :evil:) and he commented that evening about the same.

i dont thnk the zen could be a desert island / swiss army knife pedal. it doesnt matter though, because for what it does, it does with flying colors  :-)

i'm kinda gassing for one too, but my latest toy kinda done me over... maybe in the future. its good that alf has expedited the waiting time, and killed that wankers market where people were jacking up the prices to unbelievable amounts on evil bay

thanks, man.

Joey Puyat wow...I remember him.  Vegetablejoe has one too? thats cool. 

Yeah since you're into that jazz/blues/fusion stuff you gotta have one.... a good tone to have in your arsenal.  :wink:

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »

thanks, man.

Joey Puyat wow...I remember him.  Vegetablejoe has one too? thats cool. 

Yeah since you're into that jazz/blues/fusion stuff you gotta have one.... a good tone to have in your arsenal.  :wink:

thanks man. thinking very hard about it... very very hard... one more spin with veggies might just do it, but i've yet to hear how it sounds next to my g2d custom's blues channel. its chirpy too, and if the tone is within 20% similarity, it may not be necessary to get a zen....

... tell that the marines! it'll still be nice to have a zen!  :evil: heheheh

Ron Kirn

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 08:59:06 AM »
Hey Phil, Just got  a reply from Custom Tones Inc regarding my Ethos order:

Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:39:28 -0700
Subject: RE: Ethos over drive order
To: "paolo bermudez" <paolo_bermudez@yahoo.com>

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for your email.  Your name is next up on the list.  I need to check with Rob regarding a ship date for your Ethos TLE.  I will contact you later today with more information.  Your patience is appreciated.

Take care,
Sue
Rob's Assistant
Custom Tones Inc.

:-D :-D :-D
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 09:22:22 AM »

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for your email.  Your name is next up on the list.  I need to check with Rob regarding a ship date for your Ethos TLE.  I will contact you later today with more information.  Your patience is appreciated.

Take care,
Sue
Rob's Assistant
Custom Tones Inc.

Nice one! Man, I've been gassing for an ethos OD too.

Btw, as of now, is it better to pay the extra to get your name bumped up on the list for a zendrive or just wait?

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 09:24:33 AM »

Hi Paolo,

Take care,
Sue
Rob's Assistant
Custom Tones Inc.

sounds good, man.  i'd love to hear your thoughts comparing the ethos and zendrive when the ethos arrives.

thanks in advance.

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »

Btw, as of now, is it better to pay the extra to get your name bumped up on the list for a zendrive or just wait?

it appears wait time for a zendrive is down to between 2 weeks to 2 months.  not a long time at all.  if you're not in a hurry, i would say just get on alf hermida's list and wait it out.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 09:41:14 AM »
Yahoo, leech will be the next GAS god! Tira-tira lang nang pedals, keep up the good work! :lol:

...then patest ng new toys mo sa next jaminuman  :-D
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 10:34:02 AM »

Hi Paolo,

Take care,
Sue
Rob's Assistant
Custom Tones Inc.

text me when you get it ha?

:evil:

Ron Kirn

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2008, 11:31:51 AM »
I think Alf is catching up now and wait time is narrowed down to two weeks! Wait ka nalang bro! :-)

Sure thing! I'de prolly make some clips of both the zen and the ethos for comparison too!

sounds good, man.  i'd love to hear your thoughts comparing the ethos and zendrive when the ethos arrives.

thanks in advance.

HAHAHA!! Balbon! OO ba! huy, yung strat ko ha! :wink:

Yahoo, leech will be the next GAS god! Tira-tira lang nang pedals, keep up the good work! :lol:

...then patest ng new toys mo sa next jaminuman  :-D

Yap! No Frablem! :-D

text me when you get it ha?

:evil:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:58:09 AM by leech »

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
leech -- may kapatid or cousin kang Shiela?

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »
leech -- may kapatid or cousin kang Shiela?

wala bro... :-)

Offline rasj76

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2008, 01:38:19 AM »
guys, being that the zendrive/zendrive2 has a long wait list if you buy directly from Hermida Audio could the email I received from this email address: "Alfonso Hermida" <alfonso_hermida@netzero.net> with the subject: Zendrive 2 is Ready! [05/15/08] be legit?

i'm having reservations kasi i emailed Alf to get on the wait list for the Zendrive 2 on the 11th of May 2008 on this email address: ahermida@hermidaaudio.com and I get a reply on the 15th of May from a different email address stating that the Zendrive 2 is ready and awaiting my payment for it to be delivered.

to those that dealt directly with Mr. Alfonso Hermida, is that how he conducts his business?

i don't want to part with my hard earned money only to find out that i've been scammed by a 3rd party.

i'll appreciate your input on this one, guys.

thanks. :-)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2008, 02:46:44 AM »
guys, being that the zendrive/zendrive2 has a long wait list if you buy directly from Hermida Audio could the email I received from this email address: "Alfonso Hermida" <alfonso_hermida@netzero.net> with the subject: Zendrive 2 is Ready! [05/15/08] be legit?

i'm having reservations kasi i emailed Alf to get on the wait list for the Zendrive 2 on the 11th of May 2008 on this email address: ahermida@hermidaaudio.com and I get a reply on the 15th of May from a different email address stating that the Zendrive 2 is ready and awaiting my payment for it to be delivered.

to those that dealt directly with Mr. Alfonso Hermida, is that how he conducts his business?

i don't want to part with my hard earned money only to find out that i've been scammed by a 3rd party.

i'll appreciate your input on this one, guys.

thanks. :-)
...thats him .... here's a copy of the email I got from him.

Hello:

Your name is up on the Zendrive waiting list and the pedal is ready to ship.  If I already

took care of you please disregard this message and my apologies.  If you're still interested

in getting an additional one please continue reading below.

If you’re not interested in the pedal let me know so I can offer it to the next person in line. 

If you are, here are the ordering details:

The Zendrive is $179   

NOTE:   Florida residents please add 6% sales tax

Shipping Costs:

* Within the USA: $9 (Priority Mail and Insured)

* I only ship USPS.

* For INTERNATIONAL shipping, calculate the shipping here (use approx. weight of 1 pound):

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

-  Please select one of the following shipping methods (cost at post office):

* Express Mail® International       3 - 5 Days  (fastest, expensive and can be insured)

* Priority Mail® International      6 - 10 Days (reasonable and can be insured)

- Insurance is $4 USD extra (for international orders _only_)       

****  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: indicate with your payment WHICH shipping method.

I don't want to guess and send it the wrong way. ****

****  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: indicate with your payment WHICH pedal you are ordering.****

NOTE:

* Some countries may require you to pay import taxes, make sure you know this in advance

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

Make bank or postal money order payable to :

Hermida Engineering Inc.

4231 SW 131st Lane

Miramar FL 33027

USA

OR     Paypal payments:  ahermida@hermidaaudio.com

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks!

Alf "

Offline rasj76

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »
...thats him .... here's a copy of the email I got from him.

Hello:

Your name is up on the Zendrive waiting list and the pedal is ready to ship.  If I already

took care of you please disregard this message and my apologies.  If you're still interested

in getting an additional one please continue reading below.

If you’re not interested in the pedal let me know so I can offer it to the next person in line. 

If you are, here are the ordering details:

The Zendrive is $179   

NOTE:   Florida residents please add 6% sales tax

Shipping Costs:

* Within the USA: $9 (Priority Mail and Insured)

* I only ship USPS.

* For INTERNATIONAL shipping, calculate the shipping here (use approx. weight of 1 pound):

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

-  Please select one of the following shipping methods (cost at post office):

* Express Mail® International       3 - 5 Days  (fastest, expensive and can be insured)

* Priority Mail® International      6 - 10 Days (reasonable and can be insured)

- Insurance is $4 USD extra (for international orders _only_)       

****  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: indicate with your payment WHICH shipping method.

I don't want to guess and send it the wrong way. ****

****  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: indicate with your payment WHICH pedal you are ordering.****

NOTE:

* Some countries may require you to pay import taxes, make sure you know this in advance

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

Make bank or postal money order payable to :

Hermida Engineering Inc.

4231 SW 131st Lane

Miramar FL 33027

USA

OR     Paypal payments:  ahermida@hermidaaudio.com

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks!

Alf "

thanks, Phil.

that's the same email i received.

i was expecting the wait to be a little longer though. it took barely 5 days for the zendrive 2 to be ready after i emailed alf.

i'll send him the payment so i can try out the pedal that you guys are raving about.

thanks again. :-)

Offline ibanezman

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »
bro pasubok sa bahay nyo yang zendrive mo :)

Sure thing Phil! It's been 8 months already ang still havent recieved the "your ethos is ready for shipping" email yet. :-(

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2008, 05:52:18 PM »
Alf has been much more efficient lately.  Everybody is happy, except those eBay sellers...  :-D

If only Bill Finnegan and Analog Mike could be more efficient and reliable too...

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2008, 07:01:52 PM »
bro pasubok sa bahay nyo yang zendrive mo :)

sure bro!

Offline rasj76

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »
Alf has been much more efficient lately.  Everybody is happy, except those eBay sellers...  :-D

If only Bill Finnegan and Analog Mike could be more efficient and reliable too...

i'll second this one. i wanted to get in on the klon action and bill told me he has a parts shortage problem.

it's good that i'll get the zendrive 2 though. and yeah damn those evil eBay re-sellers.LOL :-D

Offline jmorrero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 04:26:31 AM »
ok ba ang zendrive sa tele....?  brad paisley tone?

http://media.putfile.com/Zendrive---jmorrero
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:37:03 AM by jmorrero »

Offline markflo

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2008, 05:13:17 AM »
I've read somewhere that brad paisley's time well wasted album used the zendrive /dr z combination extensively.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2008, 08:07:29 AM »
I've read somewhere that brad paisley's time well wasted album used the zendrive /dr z combination extensively.
I played Bart's tele and zendrive plugged to his z amp and the sound is amazing...I'm trading in my Ibanez for a tele....YEAH!!!