hulika

Author Topic: Good stand alone overdrive?  (Read 22347 times)

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
Re: Good stand alone overdrive?
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »
Ako lang yata nakaka appreciate ng BD-2 hehe, na-try ko din kasi yung OD-3 nung binili ko yung BD-2, mas nagustuhan ko yung BD for some strange reason....well kasi mas mura!haha! :lol:
Clean boost lang naman gamit ko sa kanya pero I tried turning up the gain and ok naman yung dirt sound niya, stands up to its name hehe. :-)

I agree I find the BD-2 more sound-appealing kasi I'm more sa bluesy tone

btw dude have you tried comparing the BD-2 vs. BM?

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:08 PM »
Sorry chief never tried the BM, wala kasing chance, pero if it's close to a ts9 or ts808, mas gusto ko pa rin BD-2, I don't want my clean boost to be too clean hehe, may konting dirt pa rin dapat. :-)
Problem I encountered with a ts808, kapag minimal gain yung set-up ko masyadong malinis, then if I subtly raise the gain anlaki nung difference hehe. Di ko alam kung ganun talaga yun o baka may topak yung na-try ko haha! :lol:

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »
Haay. Tagal na na-solve yang mga problema mo. Make the time to visit. Then make up your mind :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 01:25:31 PM »
if you're looking for an unmodded overdrive stompbox, the OD-3 is the best one available locally. it outperforms the more expensive TS-808 (has more grit and "breathes" more) and it's a bit more transparent as well. i'm even using it now as a clean booster. P5,950 (Yupangco price) for the OD-3 is much, much more worth it than the P9.1k TS-808. the Bad Monkey has too much mid hump for my taste, but it does have its good qualities (it's great for for light jazz OD tones). try mo OD-3 + SD-1 with the OD-3 as your main dirt pedal. that combo will definitely work great :)

Ganitong-ganito ang ginagawa ko. :-D :-D :-D

Hope you find the OD that'll suit your taste :-D :-D :-D

I heard that Yamaha gives 10% discount for cash buyers. Pero kung available pa yung nasa Buy and Sell, grab it na! Great buy na yun!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 01:27:38 PM by kurtcobainer »

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 01:29:34 PM »
that's great! God giveth and God taketh away, but when He replaces your stuff, better ang dadating na bago :wink:

Thanks bro. Yan nga sinasabi ko eh... kaya kung nanakaw eh MIC lang, il make sure na MIJ/ MIK ang susunod kong guitar. And I will add more to my pedals... maybe a total of 10! 6 kasi yung nawala eh...  :-D

Hey ECUA... thanks sa link. Reserved na sa akin. OD3 down... next OD please. Hhehe..
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 02:17:15 PM »
wahhhhhhhh! sayo pala na reserve yun! balak ko rin score yun e hehe. :lol:

anyway guys is the boss od-2 (turbo OD) good for boost?With turbo off of course...

Offline ECUA

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 02:47:07 PM »
that's great! God giveth and God taketh away, but when He replaces your stuff, better ang dadating na bago :wink:

Thanks bro. Yan nga sinasabi ko eh... kaya kung nanakaw eh MIC lang, il make sure na MIJ/ MIK ang susunod kong guitar. And I will add more to my pedals... maybe a total of 10! 6 kasi yung nawala eh...  :-D

Hey ECUA... thanks sa link. Reserved na sa akin. OD3 down... next OD please. Hhehe..

no prob, bro... balak ko sanang i-score-in din, kaya lang no budget pa, so i think, sa iyo na lang....

Offline meashuggahr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 02:53:18 PM »
tried this:) ts 808/route 66 tapos gawing booster ang od3 or vise versa.  + at the end of drive peds BBE stinger. :-D

barbarian tone :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:59:56 PM by meashuggahr »

Chito

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 05:18:55 PM »
If you really like the BMs, why not cascade 2 of them. Have one with the gain all the way down as your boost. Adjust the tone on either one to suit your taste.

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 10:49:50 PM »
Hey guys I bought a Boss OS-2 earlier from ranjin sa classifieds. Ganda pala nung pedal (except for the scratchy pots) lalo na yung mix na knob!It's getting a cross between an SD-1 and a DS-1!Well sort of...di naman gayang-gaya siyempre hehe. :lol:
I cascade it with a BD-2 and tried a lot of possible combinations but there was 2 specifically that I liked but had to choose one (ayoko kasing tumuwad-tuwad habang tumutugtog)
here were my settings:
1)OS-2 dirt pedal:level 3 o'clock(it's hard to level this pedal a bit louder than the bypass, medyo mahina);tone 12 o'clock;drive 2 o'clock; mix 1 o'clock.
BD-2 boost pedal:level 3 o'clock;tone 9 o'clock;gain 9 o'clock
OS-2 sounded like a tamed DS-1 (without the excessive hiss at high gain and not too trebly) and the BD-2 boost was so clear (as expected from this pedal) I could still hear the clarity of my EMG's!
Cascaded it sounded ok as lead, since I use a behringer cs100 for sustain and behringer eq700 to eliminate unwanted highs.
2)BD-2 dirt pedal: level 12; tone 12; gain 3(in terms of clock positions hehe)
OS-2 boost pedal: level 4; tone 9; drive 7; mix 9(in terms of clock position again)
Definitely the BD-2 stands out in terms of crunch, grabe made me sound like someone from London nung 70's haha! The OS-2 wasn't as clear as the BD-2 in terms of clean boost (kahit zero drive basta inangat mo yung mix knob magkakagain siya ng konti) but still brings out the natural sound of the guitar with a bit of dirt (it's an OD pedal doy...)
Cascaded...well I thought for a while I was in tone heaven...specially with the cs and eq...

I chose the latter setting for now...may Proco VRAT pa kasi na madadagdag!hehe. But this combination works for me!hehe :lol:
Totally blew away the pre-amp section of my G7!Well expected na un, zoom vs boss in terms of drive?Go figure it out...

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »
Fulltone fulldrive 2 !

:-D

hell yeah!!  :evil:

sd-2 rin panalo...  :-)

Offline jasoncruz_rocks

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 02:33:29 AM »
IBANEZ SMASHBOX
the pedal that changed my life :-D
a lot of people buy it, and, think why you dont see in on the B and S forum :lol:
3k lang!
Subaru is your friend.
Ibanez-Rufo RG, Squier JV with free Dimarzio!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,127091.0.html

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 01:50:32 AM »
BD-2 is tone-rounded but I guess would have lesser sustain,drive compared to OD-3.

BM daw is a good alternative though I haven't tested it myself, for a price of 2.5k which is cheaper
but can the BM be a really stand alone overdrive?

I am currently seeking for the best OD too I will cascade it with my multifx zoom G1x ( I am contented with the modulation offered by this baby, but for the drive it still sounds un-natural to me  :oops:)

boston OD100 is not cool, my ears pledge to its dismay

Nasa pag timpla lang yan bro. I use it together with my ZOOM G1 and mganda naman ang ung mga nakukuha kong tones from Boston OD. :) Peace!
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2007, 02:59:27 AM »
j-drive mk3 ng diamond pedals... lagi kong tntest sa music shop, kasi alang pera hanggang dun lang ako, runnin it thru a bassman or twin reverb... beri good pidal ehehehe... gandang alternative for the fulldrive, pero mahal pa rin.

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2007, 10:36:17 AM »
to those who cascade with multi's...guys for a time I felt content with my Zoom G7 with a tube and all...when I only had one guitar,a Flying V . But when I had a strat as well...I immediately noticed something...dreadful tone suck by the pre-amp section of the G7...I couldn't hear the sound of my beautiful strat with EMG's specially with the EXG on...when I bought a BD-2 nung sale sa yupangco...wala na dun ko na narealize...I'M NEVER USING MULTI FX DRIVE AGAIN...even at low gain settings sa G7 I just couldn't hear the sound of my strat...now I just have one enormous mod effects with an exp pedal...

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2007, 10:52:17 AM »
hmm i'll probably suggest an amp modeller like the behringer gdi 21. pwede stand alone, pwede rin main dirt.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2007, 10:57:31 AM »
Bad trip lang sa GDI21...ayaw nya ng me kasama syang ibang pedal at naka-off sya. Grabe tonesucker ! If you're gonna use this one, use a Bypass looper with it. Or have it converted to true bypass :D

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007, 11:07:52 AM »
hmm di ko lang gets itong part na ito. kase parang wala akong napansin nung gumamit ako ng gdi21 dati.

Bad trip lang sa GDI21...ayaw nya ng me kasama syang ibang pedal at naka-off sya.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2007, 11:12:50 AM »
Like if say naka-chain sya sa DS1 at nauna ang DS1. Pag in-off mo ang GDI at in-on mo ang DS1, sisipsipin ng GDI yung tunog ng DS1. Pag sya naman ang una, sisipsipin nya ang tunog ng gitara mo.

Maganda lang sya pag naka-on :D. Pag hindi, ang tindi nya sumipsip. Hindi masarap. Ang tunog.

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »
Boss OS-2 Dual overdrive or the Korg Classic Overdrive

both tailored to have cruch and lead

almost the same sila

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2007, 11:54:01 AM »
Like if say naka-chain sya sa DS1 at nauna ang DS1. Pag in-off mo ang GDI at in-on mo ang DS1, sisipsipin ng GDI yung tunog ng DS1. Pag sya naman ang una, sisipsipin nya ang tunog ng gitara mo.

Maganda lang sya pag naka-on :D. Pag hindi, ang tindi nya sumipsip. Hindi masarap. Ang tunog.

+1. hindi lulusot ang tunog ng kahit anong pedal sa gdi (pag huli yung gdi)..

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2007, 11:58:08 AM »
Boss OS-2 Dual overdrive or the Korg Classic Overdrive

both tailored to have cruch and lead

almost the same sila

baka SD2...right bro? 8-)
black moon creeping...

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2007, 12:01:31 PM »

+1. hindi lulusot ang tunog ng kahit anong pedal sa gdi (pag huli yung gdi)..

hmm gets. sabagay, when i used a gdi it was always on nun.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2007, 12:13:39 PM »
Right now I'm digging my Barber LTD. It's a very smooth low gain OD. Very slight mid hump with just the right amount of crunchiness. Sounds great when stacked with the Crunch Box or with the Fulldrive 2.

Offline Shekoski

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2007, 07:31:58 PM »
Personally, I dig the Boss BD-2. Nice, fat overdrive.  :wink: