hulika

Author Topic: 8 input mic mixers suggestions - yung available dito sa pinas  (Read 2690 times)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
8 input mic mixers suggestions - yung available dito sa pinas
« on: January 27, 2009, 09:17:21 AM »
rack mount syempre at merong direct outs or inserts per channel. gagamitin kong preamp para sa presonus interface

i was hoping to get this: http://alesis.com/multimix12r but i called avesco and they dont have it

the next best thing would be behringer: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/RX1202FX.aspx which is essentially the same but im hoping to avoid behringer if i can - noisy yung preamp nya kung more than 50% yung gain setting and i sometimes do need to push the gain a little more for vocals

of course, nandyan din yung behringer ada8000 pero same price ng rx1202 kaya dun nalang ako sa rx1202 for more routing options and flexibility

nalibot ko na buong raon at wala ako nakita kahit na yung equivalent ng sm pro pr8 pero wala din e

any suggestions guys?

Offline d6ynast9y

Re: 8 input mic mixers suggestions - yung available dito sa pinas
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:23:34 AM »
just asking sir, but why don't you just use the preamps on the presonus itself?most likely theyll be better than the behringer preamps dont you think?
btw, i think i bought the same presonus as you.. :-D

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:47:39 AM »
lolo ng presonus mo malamang yung sa kin. i have the presonus firestation: 2 mics pres + 6 line in

yes maganda yung preamp ng presonus, milya na ang layo nya sa behringer. nung unang ginamit ko yun side by side with my behringer 1202 mixer, i never heard quiet as i've heard it before...sobrang tahimik except kung lalagyan ko ng tube emulation syempre

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 11:36:51 AM »
peeves, at the very least, only need to add 6 mic preamps. I'll give you a hint... use a mixer's inserts, but insert the PL only up to the first 'click' so that you access the send without interrupting signal flow through the mixer. The insert is usually pre-fade and pre-EQ so you are, in effect, just tapping from the mic pre. Here's another hint: if you hate the Behri's preamps, someone is selling a Soundcraft in the classifieds. Mackies usually have good quiet preamps; other understated mixers are Ramsa.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 12:24:41 PM »
tempted ako dun sa soundcraft sir kit pero i prefer rackmount para malinis at makasave ng space.

right now im able to use 5 channels: 2 on the presonus, 3 channels on the behringer mixer with channel 1 and 2 hard panned left-right sent to line 5 and 6 of the presonus tapos yung third channel via aux send ng mixer to line 7. it works on a full drum kit and its nice but i really want to go all the way  :-D

with the way things are going, im even more tempted to just replace the firestation with the firestudio project

Offline d6ynast9y

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »
lolo ng presonus mo malamang yung sa kin. i have the presonus firestation: 2 mics pres + 6 line in

yes maganda yung preamp ng presonus, milya na ang layo nya sa behringer. nung unang ginamit ko yun side by side with my behringer 1202 mixer, i never heard quiet as i've heard it before...sobrang tahimik except kung lalagyan ko ng tube emulation syempre

my bad sir, i thought you bought sir bugoy's firepod..check sulit.com.ph, i think i saw a rack alesis multimix 12r..might still be there.. :-)

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 10:12:03 AM »
im taking the diy route for the mean time, sobrang mura e. tsaka ang dami kong scrap parts from the projects i built while in college

eto yung prototype in a 1"x2" board for a single channel

the design was taken from several existing diy projects, i just trimmed down the fat to what i need: 48v phantom, xlr balanced input, trs balanced output, single gain control. im planning to add a peak LED monitor but i will save it for the 8 channel version of the board

chassis na lang kulang