hulika

Author Topic: 4-track casette to Digital  (Read 1023 times)

Offline spilledmilk

• Philmusicus Addictus
4-track casette to Digital
« on: August 24, 2007, 01:12:57 PM »
i've recorded some demos on my 4-track casette recorder...now i need to transfer it to digital para mas madaling dalhin. Is there a software out there that is specifically made for this instance (converting casette recordings to mp3 or any digital format)

i tried to use the ordinary recording softwares like ACId and Cakewalk....baka lang meron pa dyang iba.
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst
Siochi Custom Lead GT 50 Watt Head
Matching 2x12 Cab with Vintage 30s

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: 4-track casette to Digital
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:37:05 PM »
Is there a software out there that is specifically made for this instance (converting casette recordings to mp3 or any digital format)

There are no specific software since most DAW software will do the job. What is important is a multi-input interface so you can transfer 4 tracks simultaneously without have to align the tracks individually. Acid and Cakewalk are fine although with Cake, you will need to purchase their mp3 converter upgrade. You can use Audacity (freeware) to do the same thing, just make sure to download the lame encoder (also freeware) to enable you to convert to mp3.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 03:13:44 AM »
i tried to use the ordinary recording softwares like ACId and Cakewalk....baka lang meron pa dyang iba.

there's nothin ordinary bout [sony] acid or cakewalk [sonar?].  they're pretty solid last time i checked.  acid's as easy as they come.  very intuitive.

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:00:58 AM »
You'll need to buy a USB or Firewire interface that will convert your analog audio output from the 4-track cassette to digital audio.

If your 4-track cassette has four outs, you may need to do the transfer 2 channels at a time. Otherwise, you can mix that down to stereo tape first, then do the transfer.

4-track ---> interface ---> usb or firewire port on pc ---> audio editing software

Some locally available brands of interfaces you can tinker with: Behringer (Electronics Depot), M-Audio (JB Music), Tascam (Audiophile)
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline spilledmilk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 12:06:06 PM »
ahhhhhh

thanks mga pipol...gave me an idea on what to do. salamat.
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst
Siochi Custom Lead GT 50 Watt Head
Matching 2x12 Cab with Vintage 30s