hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 494858 times)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »
ayun, confirmed na ng pinaka updated dito about sa SE's hehehehe..

pag siya na nagsabi 99% tama yan,  :-D

:lol: :lol:

all info are subject to change without notice.. haha.. icorrect niyo nalang ako pag may mali.. may 1% pa naman for error eh..  :lol:

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »
:lol: :lol:

all info are subject to change without notice.. haha.. icorrect niyo nalang ako pag may mali.. may 1% pa naman for error eh..  :lol:

yes kaya 99% lang binigay ko kasi nagkakamali lahat talaga hehe!!  :evil:
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »

newly installed nut and strings.

too bad sa AP MOA walang 10s or 11s na boomers (sucks)
so i got a 10s na ghs progressives (wala din 11s sucks)

@ pitongjerome:  Does the graphtech nut you put on similar looking to the stock ones?  I mean are they blockish looking?  If so, do you mind giving me the particular model no. of that graphtech?  Thanks, man.

Mine is also a graphtech but it doesn't look like the stock ones.  This was supplied and installed by Dr. Hipolito almost 2 years ago.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »
@ pitongjerome:  Does the graphtech nut you put on similar looking to the stock ones?  I mean are they blockish looking?  If so, do you mind giving me the particular model no. of that graphtech?  Thanks, man.

Mine is also a graphtech but it doesn't look like the stock ones.  This was supplied and installed by Dr. Hipolito almost 2 years ago.

habang wala si jerome, ako nalang muna sasagot.. we've got the same nut on our PRS kasi.. he asked me kung ano ginamit ko kaya pareho kami..  :-)

to answer your question, nope, it's not similar dun sa stock ones.. the stock nut is block-shaped while the graphtech has a slight curve sa itaas..
the nut we used is the Graphtech PT-6060-00..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:25:03 PM by r_chino18 »

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2010, 07:08:14 PM »
habang wala si jerome, ako nalang muna sasagot.. we've got the same nut on your PRS kasi.. he asked me kung ano ginamit ko kaya pareho kami..  :-)

to answer your question, nope, it's not similar dun sa stock ones.. the stock nut is block-shaped while the graphtech has a slight curve sa itaas..
the nut we used is the Graphtech PT-6060-00..

this. i think it looks like a gibson nut. mas shiny yung sayo. i like hehehe

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2010, 07:27:05 PM »
this. i think it looks like a gibson nut. mas shiny yung sayo. i like hehehe

or siguro yung kay Sir Curiousdcat ay yung blank na nut from graphtech.. tapos baka si Sir Arie nalang gumawa ng nut slots.. kasi yung mga slots nung sa kanya malalim.. unlike yung satin na [re-slotted na, mababaw yung slots.. halos naka-expose pa yung strings..

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.   :-)

Yes, I like the slots deep.  It makes me feel more secure because I feel (let me stress that again --- I feel  :-)) that the strings would pop out less when I used to abuse the bar.  hehe  Actually the slots were not as deep when Arie set them up for 10s.  I shifted to 11s and filed the slots myself and because I am no expert, it also went deeper.   :lol:  Good thing it didn't cause fret buzz.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2010, 08:42:19 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.   :-)

Yes, I like the slots deep.  It makes me feel more secure because I feel (let me stress that again --- I feel  :-)) that the strings would pop out less when I used to abuse the bar.  hehe  Actually the slots were not as deep when Arie set them up for 10s.  I shifted to 11s and filed the slots myself and because I am no expert, it also went deeper.   :lol:  Good thing it didn't cause fret buzz.

Ako naman, lately ko lang naappreciate yung medyo mababaw na slots.. pero hindi naman sobrang babaw na parang mawawala yung string sa slot.. yung stock kasi na nut malalim, eh yung graphtech medyo mababaw nga.. hindi naman trem ang bridge ko nothing to worry din..

whatever works for us and feels good to us is FTW!  :-)
cheers satin bro! post ka pics ng PRS mo..  :-)

i'm guessing that one's a Custom 22 in cherry sunburst finish?

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »
Ako naman, lately ko lang naappreciate yung medyo mababaw na slots.. pero hindi naman sobrang babaw na parang mawawala yung string sa slot.. yung stock kasi na nut malalim, eh yung graphtech medyo mababaw nga.. hindi naman trem ang bridge ko nothing to worry din..

whatever works for us and feels good to us is FTW!  :-)
cheers satin bro! post ka pics ng PRS mo..  :-)

i'm guessing that one's a Custom 22 in cherry sunburst finish?

You're absolutely right, r_chino18!   :-D  It is a 2006 (based on the serial number) Cherry-Sunburst Custom 22.  Aside from Grover 406s, the graphtech nut, a Tremol-No and a coil-tap mod, the guitar is still pretty much stock.  Here's are the only photos of it that you see a big part of the guitar.  Will take solo pictures soon.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2010, 09:08:02 PM »
You're absolutely right, r_chino18!   :-D  It is a 2006 (based on the serial number) Cherry-Sunburst Custom 22.  Aside from Grover 406s, the graphtech nut, a Tremol-No and a coil-tap mod, the guitar is still pretty much stock.  Here's are the only photos of it that you see a big part of the guitar.  Will take solo pictures soon.

nice rig and PC set-up..  8-)

coil split on the stock pickups? pinaconvert mo to 4-conductor yung stock pickups bro?

yan din dapat ang gitara ko ngayon.. A 2006 SE Custom22 in cherry sunburst.. kaso the only stock i've tried sa JB (actually kinuha pa nila from another branch) noon ay maraming battlescars which i didn't like.. i ended up with the Standard..

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2010, 09:16:26 PM »
You're absolutely right, r_chino18!   :-D  It is a 2006 (based on the serial number) Cherry-Sunburst Custom 22.  Aside from Grover 406s, the graphtech nut, a Tremol-No and a coil-tap mod, the guitar is still pretty much stock.  Here's are the only photos of it that you see a big part of the guitar.  Will take solo pictures soon.

ok i saw you guitar at arie's shop, last year yun, he even let me play with it pa.  :-D bakit nga pala ang fretboard mo ay may light color? yun sakin dark na dark..?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:18:14 PM by pitongjerome »

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »
nice rig and PC set-up..  8-)

coil split on the stock pickups? pinaconvert mo to 4-conductor yung stock pickups bro?

Thanks.  I'm not really sure if the stock Custom pups come with 4-conductor wires or if Arie converted them but based on some other forums there are some SEs (including Standards) that have 4 and some have only 2 on a particular model.  I don't know why they are done that way.  I think there's a pair in the classifieds now that came from a Standard but have 4 conductor wires.

ok i saw you guitar at arie's shop, last year yun, he even let me play with it pa.  :-D bakit nga pala ang fretboard mo ay may light color? yun sakin dark na dark..?

Talaga?  The last time that my SE was at Arie's was Jan. 2009.  Thanks for teling me that you were able to use it --- lagot si Arie sa kin!  HAHA   :-D

I think the uneven fingerboard color is brought about by the camera.  It is not that uneven in real life as I'm sure you would remember.   :wink:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2010, 09:49:56 PM »
Thanks.  I'm not really sure if the stock Custom pups come with 4-conductor wires or if Arie converted them but based on some other forums there are some SEs (including Standards) that have 4 and some have only 2 on a particular model.  I don't know why they are done that way.  I think there's a pair in the classifieds now that came from a Standard but have 4 conductor wires.

lol.. those are my pickup pair sa classifieds.. stock sila pero pinaconvert ko to 4-conductors..  :-)
mine came with two conductors.. ang alam ko lahat ay 2-conductors lang.. pero yung ilan sa mga 2009-present na SEs, meron daw mga 4-conductors..
pero anyway.. ang mahalaga is you were able to have a coil split mod on it..  :-)

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2010, 10:32:07 PM »

I think the uneven fingerboard color is brought about by the camera.  It is not that uneven in real life as I'm sure you would remember.   :wink:

yes, because i was complaining about parang naghaharmonic siya or something..
kanina nga i was about to say "may tremol-no yan no?" kaso baka mali, pero you said may tremol-no nga so yan nga yun. yes mga january ko to dinala key arie or something hehehe :-D

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2010, 02:48:55 AM »
yes, because i was complaining about parang naghaharmonic siya or something..
kanina nga i was about to say "may tremol-no yan no?" kaso baka mali, pero you said may tremol-no nga so yan nga yun. yes mga january ko to dinala key arie or something hehehe :-D
^^familiar topic (curiousdcat, do you remember our discussion on this?  :-D ).  On the weird overtones.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2010, 08:38:23 AM »
^^familiar topic (curiousdcat, do you remember our discussion on this?  :-D ).  On the weird overtones.

yes, that's the one why i brought arie my guitar. and now i know how to get away with it. i learned to improve my muting-while-riffing/licking skills because of that.

yun yung pinagusapan namin nun ni arie, matagal na diskusyon LOL.. sabi niya desirable pa nga daw un ng ibang gitarista hehehe! now i know how to use those overtones and harmonics to my advantage.. ill use it whenever i want it, and mute when i needed to.

kaya nga pinahiram niya sakin yung gitara ni curiousdcat, dahil ganun din daw yun, at naka tremol-no daw yun hahaha!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:34:33 PM by pitongjerome »

Offline ernestjulian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »

waw!! ganda  :-D
I play guitars for EMBERCORE | LITA'S CURSE | BLUNT CONCEPT

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »
guys i have an RSguitarworks vintage wiring upgrade kit for the prs coming in. im thinkin about selling it na lang.. anyone interested?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2010, 03:06:48 PM »
guys i have an RSguitarworks vintage wiring upgrade kit for the prs coming in. im thinkin about selling it na lang.. anyone interested?

waah!! not now.. haha.. kaka-ayos ko lang ng electronics nung sakin.. pero i've read good stuff about those RS kits.. yan din gamit nung mga nagu-upgrade ng electronics sa ibang bansa eh.. cool..  :-)

OT: i saw your video pala dati when you were selling the Mesa cab and all the other stuff.. post ka rin ng pics ng PRS mo bro..  :-)

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2010, 03:17:52 PM »
ung bnew rs kit 5k plus the duties and taxes if meron. this is not the prewired kit ha. shipping pa lang $30 na

la pang maayos na pic pero eto muna

Offline toybitz

« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2010, 03:22:15 PM »
rarely do I see a blue humbucker equipped guitar.

beautiful Sir.  even for your singlecut that's for sale.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2010, 05:19:10 PM »
back to my prs, after installing the graphtech nut, ive noticed greatly na parang may "reverby sound" siya ngayon, kahit unplugged.. anyone noticed this guys?

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2010, 02:08:21 AM »
^^familiar topic (curiousdcat, do you remember our discussion on this?  :-D ).  On the weird overtones.

haha  Yes, siore.  Was not able to get the nut from Magdon that time because they didn't have stocks then and just didn't check again.  How's everything on your end?   :-)

kaya nga pinahiram niya sakin yung gitara ni curiousdcat, dahil ganun din daw yun, at naka tremol-no daw yun hahaha!!

Oh, so your guitar was the one Arie was telling me about.  Actually, mine wasn't a problem with the overtones but more of a warble and less sustain on one fret.  It was later agreed to be some form of Stratitis and we found out that changing the resonant frequency of the guitar will take out the problem on that problem fret.  Adding a Fat Fingers took out the warble and added the issing sustain on that fret but only moved it to another position on the neck.  I took out the Fat Fingers and just played in a different position.  hehe

waw!! ganda  :-D

Thanks, man.   :-)

hmmm....isip, isip, isip.  Will advise you.  Nice guitar.   :-)

back to my prs, after installing the graphtech nut, ive noticed greatly na parang may "reverby sound" siya ngayon, kahit unplugged.. anyone noticed this guys?

I haven't.  Is that "reverby sound" good or bad for you?

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »
well, its good for me.. i really like the sound..

but then i realized, before, i did put a sponge sheet/foam (uratex) on the back of my trem cavity.. but i removed it a week or two na.

baka ngayon ko lang napansin.. i will test that later.. ibabalik ko yung uratex mamaya, and ill test it.

but then, it has this reverby thing on like 80-90% of my fretboard, yung sa iba parang super konti lang meron.. pero i like it, i really do, i was amazed, really.

Offline Boosted

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2010, 09:42:59 AM »
rarely do I see a blue humbucker equipped guitar.

beautiful Sir.  even for your singlecut that's for sale.

Thank you sir!  :-)

hmmm....isip, isip, isip.  Will advise you.  Nice guitar.  

buy mo na! nothing but good reviews about it.. its just that jim from wcr pups is giving me a good deal on his wiring kit.. (i have his am. steele pick up set) :)
heres a description from the website

What this is:

For years, guitar manufacturers have chosen to cut corners on the electronics they have used, even in their top-of-the-line guitars. This kit is designed to utilize the best electronic components possible in your guitar. This kit is the culmination of thousands of hours of research and development into different guitar electronics and how each of them affects the overall tone of the guitar.

What's in the kit:

(1) 500K RS Short-Shaft SuperPot™- We designed these pots in conjunction with CTS. Used for the volume controls in the kit, these pots have a custom taper that gives you a noticeable difference between each number on your volume control. You can finally roll your volume down to 2 or 1 and not loose any clarity, even in the neck position!! Mil-spec construction and a smoother resistor path make this the best pot to ever be used in the guitar.
(1) 500K Alpha Push-pull Audio taper pot- Audio taper pots work great for tone controls. This pot gives you the coil tap option that is needed in PRS style guitars.
(1) RS Paper and Oil GuitarCap® by Jensen .022. Some of our customers have asked us for a good vintage cap option for some time, so we went to Jensen and asked them to make a paper and oil capacitor as small as possible for that "woody" tone and they nailed it!
(1) Length vintage-black wire- Used for the grounding in the circuit.
(1) Length vintage-white wire
(1) 3-position switch- Made by Switchcraft® in the United States, this is the best 3-way switch on the market. All kits come with the short/straight switch, but you can request a 90 degree switch (see above explanation.)

How this kit improves your tone:

All of the above components combine to create unprecedented clarity in your overall tone. This increase in clarity will also equate to an increase in note bloom, harmonic complexity, and, in some cases, sustain. Because this kit increases the usability and intuitiveness of the controls onboard your guitar, you will achieve tones that you didn’t think were possible. The Vintage Upgrade Kits offer a warmer, woody tone.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:48:24 AM by Boosted »