hulika

Poll

Which do you prefer?

double pedal
24 (58.5%)
double bass
17 (41.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Double Bass vs. Double Pedal?  (Read 19698 times)

Offline maruch

Re: Double Bass vs. Double Pedal?
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2008, 01:11:38 AM »
recently I've just acquired another 18x22 bass drum... setting up took a lot of energy... one thing I immediately realized is that in a double bass kit the hihat pedal is located closer to the throne, so it's impossible that the hihat pedal and the bass pedal are exactly adjacent to each other. Double Bass kit is very expensive! After buying the bass drum, I had to buy new bass drumheads... in this case I bought two Remo Encore PS heads :lol: (un lang afford!), plus! Reso heads should also be the same... Tuning is a pain the ass... Up until now I spend time tuning both drums coz I just can't seem to get them exactly identical in tune (probably because they're different in shell material and brand, my bass drum is a Yamaha and the other one is a Gretsch). In terms of floorspace... It took up almost 5 square meters with only one floor tom. But after all that it was all cake! Felt like I had a brand new drumkit! The feel is very different from that of a double pedal.. and it's much more louder since no second beater stops the resonance of the drum. The major difference in feel is the vibration on the left foot. You won't feel that on a slave pedal. In terms of looks,  :-o wow, Everytime I look at it there's a smile on my face! :-D, guests at my house are like "wow.." all in all having a double bass kit is really great but the cost is too high, and it takes a lot of time and energy to set up. So if I have to vote between double pedal and Double bass? I go for the double pedal. That double bass kit will just be for home use! ahahaha!
Good artist borrow, Great Artists Steal! - Picasso

Offline shiola

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »
double bass...

mas masarap sa pakiramdam pag nka doudle bass ka.

fullfillments sa sarili yun.. lalo na pag na itono mo ng ma aus ang 2 bass..

at mararamdaman mo talaga ang individual use ng 2 paa mo... sa pag gamit ng double bass.. hindi basta na suporta lang ang isang paa mo! mararamdaman mo mag ka iba sila ng pag apply sa bawat bass...

Offline achaka

• Netizen Level
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2008, 12:23:41 AM »
recently I've just acquired another 18x22 bass drum... setting up took a lot of energy... one thing I immediately realized is that in a double bass kit the hihat pedal is located closer to the throne, so it's impossible that the hihat pedal and the bass pedal are exactly adjacent to each other. Double Bass kit is very expensive! After buying the bass drum, I had to buy new bass drumheads... in this case I bought two Remo Encore PS heads :lol: (un lang afford!), plus! Reso heads should also be the same... Tuning is a pain the ass... Up until now I spend time tuning both drums coz I just can't seem to get them exactly identical in tune (probably because they're different in shell material and brand, my bass drum is a Yamaha and the other one is a Gretsch). In terms of floorspace... It took up almost 5 square meters with only one floor tom. But after all that it was all cake! Felt like I had a brand new drumkit! The feel is very different from that of a double pedal.. and it's much more louder since no second beater stops the resonance of the drum. The major difference in feel is the vibration on the left foot. You won't feel that on a slave pedal. In terms of looks,  :-o wow, Everytime I look at it there's a smile on my face! :-D, guests at my house are like "wow.." all in all having a double bass kit is really great but the cost is too high, and it takes a lot of time and energy to set up. So if I have to vote between double pedal and Double bass? I go for the double pedal. That double bass kit will just be for home use! ahahaha!

mga bros, diba may hi-hat stand na hindi na tripod. 2 nalang yung paa plus yung pedal. Isa pa, naiikot yung pedal si pwedeng itabi mismo sa bass pedal. look into nalang. years na since nung last time kong nakita yun. Tama yata.
Let your drums sing for you!

Offline maruch

« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2008, 02:31:50 AM »
mga bros, diba may hi-hat stand na hindi na tripod. 2 nalang yung paa plus yung pedal. Isa pa, naiikot yung pedal si pwedeng itabi mismo sa bass pedal. look into nalang. years na since nung last time kong nakita yun. Tama yata.

my pedals are still side by side.. hindi lang pantay... malabo talaga magpantay ung dalawa eh... I think you're talking about the Tama Iron Cobra Hihat Stand, anyways... Hihat to bass drum attachments are pretty expensive. I think the Mapex one costs P2500... so I've improvised my own using Lazer Hardware, share ko na lang po para kayo din makatipid ehehe... using a clamp and a cowbell mount... it all costs P750!!! :-D eto po...

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:11:24 AM by maruch »
Good artist borrow, Great Artists Steal! - Picasso

Offline epinephrine_sevenfold

« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2008, 10:26:15 PM »
paano mo bubuhatin ang 2nd bass drum mo sa gig?

2 peds ako!

plus may mga rythms na hindi makukuha sa 2 bass, kapag sobrang bilis ka na dun ka nalang magdouble bass
pogi tayong lahat

Offline Duyduy

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »
 :-D
Ako Double bass... gamit ko.... isang Geneseries at yamaha dp series....
Hirap kasi mag kaiba pedal at di pa control yung left foot ko.....
" I Play Drums & Percussions For the Glory of GOD!"

"That's why I play Fernando...."

Offline RandyPen

• Netizen Level
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2008, 06:48:15 PM »
Prefer ko para sakin double pedal, peru kung porma pag uusapan, dual bass drum hehe, problema mo lang talaga yung pag dadala  :-D
Rip my jeans, not my heart..

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2008, 06:50:18 PM »
ano pinagkaiba ng double pedal (single bass drum) at double bass kung parehas naman naka trigger? :?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 07:15:36 PM by lil.drummerboy »

Offline tranquildomain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2008, 09:30:30 PM »
kung naka axis e-kit triggers ka no problem.

kaso pag naka acoustic trigger ka sa single bass, pag ndi siya muffled ng todo

magbibigay ng false signals sa trigger or may delay minsan
UNAS.. the slayer of the Gods..
"Once you begin to see drums as music, you've become a drummer." - George Kollias

Offline gutblastgil

« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2008, 02:23:33 AM »
mas handy, portable and practical ang double pedal.. mas maangas ang double bass..