hulika

Author Topic: Dream Theater : Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York (2001)  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
Dream Theater : Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York (2001)
« on: March 03, 2005, 01:00:16 PM »
Released: 2001
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Neo-Prog, Prog-Rock

Dream Theater are an influential "prog-rock" band who have made their interpretation of the genre unique by adding a twist of thrash metal to it. Remarkably popular without having to resorting to Mtv propaganda, the Theater display their passion and flair for performance on METROPOLIS 2000. Directed by the band's drummer, Mike Portnoy, this video features the band's landmark August 2000 concert appearance at New York City's Roseland Ballroom, during which they played their entire acclaimed album, SCENES FROM A MEMORY.

This DVD contains the first part of their concert played that night (set on of two) and also some of part two. Also featured are short documentrys on the band, production, fans and etc which lets you see even more of the show played that night in between inteviews. Tracks includes:

01. Opening Scene
02. Regression
03. Overture 1928
04. Strange Deja Vu
05. Through My Words
06. Fatal Tragedy
07. Beyond This Life
08. John & Theresa Solo Spot
09. Through Her Eyes
10. Home
11. The Dance Of Eternity
12. One Last Time
13. The Spirit Carries On
14. Finally Free
15. Closing Scene
16. Credits
*Bonus Tracks:
A Mind Beside Itself:
I. Erotomania
II. Voices
III. The Silent Man
Learning To Live
A Change Of Seasons

Sound production is amazing, sounds as good as on the studio album. Visual production is good, although the split screens can get annoying sometimes, would of been better if this was an optional feature.

This DVD is just great. You'll be amazed with the quality of the band's live performance, and the story of the album is great as well. Every aspect is impressive and worthy of watching/listening to millions of times. If it were lost or stolen, I'd definitely buy it again.

Rating: 4/5

Rock on! :-({|=
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc