hulika

Author Topic: Tele-type or Tele-inspired guitars  (Read 10476 times)

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
Tele-type or Tele-inspired guitars
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:07:53 PM »
As the title suggests, this thread is solely dedicated to Telecaster-type or inspired guitars. No real Telecaster allowed on this page as there is already an existing thread/topic about Fender Telecasters.  :-D In fact, that Tele thread was what inspired or prompted me to create this board.

I have always been a big fan of Fender Telecasters despite my first electric guitar being a Strat.:lol: Teles are great, and in the right hands, can do a lot of things, guitar-wise and tone-wise. I've never owned one, though. There goes the irony.:lol: I have used it in the past, but, never actually owned one. I don't know. I love the guitar, but, somehow, I've never gotten to the point where having one in possession would be necessary or "a must." Weird, huh?

But, anyway, over the years, the level of my fascination with Tele-type or Tele-inspired guitars has just immensely increased! From time to time, I see beautiful and great guitars that are/were based on the legendary Telecaster. Where most, in my opinion, are better and even more versatile than the "real" Tele itself. I call these guitars, "Superteles." Some guitar makers or luthiers really push the envelope by trying different wood combination, pickups, hardware and whatnot just to achieve the ultimate supertele.

So, with this, let us acknowledge and celebrate the ever-burgeoning supertele guitars and makers by honoring 'em through this page. Post pictures of what you think can be considered as a supertele for you. It could be your own, someone else's or even just a pic from the internet. Writing down the specs and the reason why you like that particular guitar is entirely up to you. Pictures or images are of utmost importance! Ha ha!

Lemme start by posting this jaw-dropping supertele by Thanakorn Guitars. I've been drooling-over this guitar for quite sometime now and this, by far, is the best supertele I have ever seen and heard. Thanakorn Guitars are made in Thailand. It's a Thailand-based company. They have the reputation of being the Suhr guitars of Thailand, and Thanakorn, being John Suhr. Their designs are kind of a hybrid between Suhr and Tom Anderson. You really should check 'em out. Craftsmanship is absolutely top-notch and world-class.

Here's their TNT Custom22.

Specs:

Body:  2 piece Ash / Burled Maple top/ Chambered Body
Neck:  Roasted Flame Maple
Fingerboard: Roasted Flame Maple/ Edge scallop
Neck shape: C shape Taper 20mm-21mm
Nut width: 41.5 mm
Frets: Stainless Medium
Scale: 25.5 inc
Radius: 12 inc
Inlay: Dot Abalone
All Access Neck
Nut: White Tusq
Hardware color: Chrome
Bridge: Gotoh 510TS-FE1
Pickups: Kinman Woodstock set
Tuner: Locking Gotoh 381 MGT
Electronic: 1vol / 1tone / 5 way super switch
String gauge: .009-.042
Hi-gloss Polyurethane Finish/Satin neck
Matching head / MOP Logo
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:13:59 PM by guitarwiz02 »
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Tele-type or Tele-inspired guitars
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:31:03 PM »
Been back-reading the Tele thread these past few days. I'll  welcome hybrids to join my herd. I'd love to have one someday.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:35:34 PM by gnarly »

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 03:09:31 PM »
Been back-reading the Tele thread these past few days. I'll  welcome hybrids to join my herd. I'd love to have one someday.

That would be awesome, chief! Here's another one from NNG Guitars. Also from Thailand.

NNG Tyssy model

That quilted maple top! :drool:
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline BlackandGoldLP

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
1990s Godin Artisan TC

too bad these aren't made anymore. but can be bought cheap nowadays....if you can find one.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 04:36:44 PM »
1990s Godin Artisan TC

too bad these aren't made anymore. but can be bought cheap nowadays....if you can find one.

A carved-top! Wow! I think that's a keeper right there, my friend.  :mrgreen:

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 04:38:40 PM »
1990s Godin Artisan TC

Like, how cheap, sir?

Offline BlackandGoldLP

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 02:57:06 AM »
Like, how cheap, sir?

about the same as a standard mexican tele.........

checkout the birdseye maple neck

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 08:01:29 AM »
about the same as a standard mexican tele.........

checkout the birdseye maple neck

Gorgeous! :drool:

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 09:49:26 AM »
PEAVEY Generation Series 2

This one has always been a personal favorite. Am a big fan of Francis Reyes' and he used to own one of these. This was his main guitar back in the early 90s. The first time, I think, I saw him playing this was when The Dawn performed their hit single, "Salamat," on Music Bureau sometime in '94 or '95.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »
Thanakorn TNT Custom22 demo by Vinai Trinateepakdee

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 10:06:18 AM »
ESP Throbber
Gustavsson Fullerblaster
Asher T
Melancon Artist T
Ibanez FR

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 10:32:58 AM »
ESP Throbber
Gustavsson Fullerblaster
Asher T
Melancon Artist T
Ibanez FR

The ONLY Ibanez FR that I like. Formerly used by Ryan Knight.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 11:12:30 AM »

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 11:50:30 AM »
another modern tele

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 11:54:50 AM »
another modern tele

Gondoh! Pang-METUHLZ! :mrgreen:

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »
Now, how can we ever forget this good 'ol electric guitar?

The Ernie Ball Music Man EVH Model

Ed's concept was to combine the bodies of a Tele and a Les Paul and morph it into one. Resulting to this very distinct EBMM body that we all know today.

Now, here's a thought- do you guys think that this model may have been the prototype or the father of all superteles? This guitar came-out in 1991 and I don't remember seeing anything like it pre-'91. Back in the day, it's either you're a Strat, Les Paul, Tele or a Superstrat user. You won't see a lot of hybrids or superteles being used. Watchaguysthink?

Offline BlackandGoldLP

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 03:36:44 PM »
Alvarez Dana Scoop

Conklin

James Trussart Steelcaster

Stephens Model T

J Backlund Designs

Ruokangas

Thorn

Liquid Metal Guitars

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 03:58:16 PM »

I like this! Work of art na talaga siya.

Maganda din 'yung Strat version ni James Trussart.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 03:13:09 PM »
napunta sa akin yang Peavey s2 ni Francis Reyes...

The first thing I did was hand it to Guitar Hospital for set up..and had them removed ALL the stickers. Hahaha!

Never removed the stickers on the hard case.

It was pretty heavy guitar...being mahogany. Deacon Blues described its finish, looking like a bowling ball.

I asked Francis if he still had the original bridge PU, because naka EMG na..or was it the neck..I couldn't remember.

When he learned its with me na. He said ang pangalan ng guitiar _____________, pangalan ng ex. Kaya niya binitiwan.

He said babawiin daw niya sa akin someday...problema....wala na. Muntik pang mapunta kay Psychic Sushi one time I brought it sa jamming.

At ayaw ng pakawalan ng current owner.

I wonder what he liked in it, tigas ng tunog.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:17:22 PM by toybitz »
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 05:09:08 PM »
napunta sa akin yang Peavey s2 ni Francis Reyes...

The first thing I did was hand it to Guitar Hospital for set up..and had them removed ALL the stickers. Hahaha!

Never removed the stickers on the hard case.

It was pretty heavy guitar...being mahogany. Deacon Blues described its finish, looking like a bowling ball.

I asked Francis if he still had the original bridge PU, because naka EMG na..or was it the neck..I couldn't remember.

When he learned its with me na. He said ang pangalan ng guitiar _____________, pangalan ng ex. Kaya niya binitiwan.

He said babawiin daw niya sa akin someday...problema....wala na. Muntik pang mapunta kay Psychic Sushi one time I brought it sa jamming.

At ayaw ng pakawalan ng current owner.

I wonder what he liked in it, tigas ng tunog.

Yeah. Nabanggit nga ni Anton dati na sa'yo nga daw napunta 'yung Peavey ni Kiko. Pero, 'di pala si Kiko ang nagbenta sa'yo?

Haayyy, kaya dapat talaga 'di pinapangalanan ang guitars natin after sa gf, eh. Pag nag-break, damay pati guitar. Ha ha! Sino current owner? Baka mapilit ko ibenta sa akin...:) :) :)

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 06:51:40 PM »

Gas  :drool:

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »
warrior bella

carvin tl60

b3 metal phoenix

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 02:46:56 AM »
aha! nice guitarwiz_02, fan din ako ng tele inspired designs that are not real telecasters nor models directly descended from the original tele. fan ka din pala ng Generation S3.

here are some of what i know about, and karamihan sa kanila, mga dream guitar ko.

G Life Cross Edge (as used by Daita as a solo artist)

ESP (i forgot which model this was, I know Daita used it frequently during Siam Shade IV, appears on the Dreams PV and a live version of Virtuoso)

ESP Wavecaster (the one used by Kirk in Cunning Stunts had a rosewood fingerboard IIRC)

Fernandes TE-95HT (Tomoyasu Hotei model)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:49:12 AM by fizz450_03 »
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 04:41:28 AM »
Question:  would the Cabronita fall under this category as well?

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 08:59:37 AM »