hulika

Author Topic: Appropriate Drumset/Cymbals for Church Set Up? *merged*  (Read 16939 times)

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
Re: anu po ang bagay na drum set sa church?
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 09:53:14 AM »
drummer po ako sa church bibili po kami ng bagung drum set wala naman akong idea kung anung bagay help po<><

mga worth 30k to 35k lang poh<>

tsaka po cymbals na hangang 10k<> meron po buh nun ganun?

Pare Pearl Forum or Gretch SWAK sa budget mo!! 27K+ lang ata yun.. Kung medyo kinokonsensya ka ang you want to do more sa Church, dagdagan mo ng konti yung pondo para maka Gretch Catalina Maple ka men! hehehe..

There was a thread about this before.. It would really help you to view the posts there..

For Sale:
Zildjian Avedis MedThin 16" Crash = 5K
Zildjian ZHT 10" Splash = 2K BNew Gibraltar single pedal and Straight stand = 2K each  PM Me ty..

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 10:19:29 AM »
actually, since sa church po sya gagamitin...it doesn't matter whether you have the best cymbals, the best wood in your drumset. ang important po is playing and giving glory to God. (sorry, i don't mean to preach  :-D)

anyways, since may budget po kayo, you could go to JB Music Store or other music stores and ask what model would fall on your budget. try nyo po yung Gretsch blackhawk or Sonor 507, ok na po ang wood nyan. sa cymbals po, Sabian B8 or Zildjian ZBT ata pasok na sa budget nyo. madami po dito sa forum na nagbibenta ng ganyang model. for me, mas maganda po ang B8. ganyan po gamit sa church samen.

hope this helps.
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »
actually, since sa church po sya gagamitin...it doesn't matter whether you have the best cymbals, the best wood in your drumset. ang important po is playing and giving glory to God. (sorry, i don't mean to preach  :-D)

anyways, since may budget po kayo, you could go to JB Music Store or other music stores and ask what model would fall on your budget. try nyo po yung Gretsch blackhawk or Sonor 507, ok na po ang wood nyan. sa cymbals po, Sabian B8 or Zildjian ZBT ata pasok na sa budget nyo. madami po dito sa forum na nagbibenta ng ganyang model. for me, mas maganda po ang B8. ganyan po gamit sa church samen.

hope this helps.

I clearly disagree with you bro.. Sasamba kanalang nagtitipid kapa... Baka mamaya tipidin ka ni bigboss.. sige ka  :-D

If you have a volk wagen and a Mercedez.. What car would you "OFFER" to our big boss??  Benz? volks? both? (i hope you see the big picture)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:30:40 AM by paeng16 »
For Sale:
Zildjian ZHT 10" Splash = 2K BNew Gibraltar single pedal and Straight stand = 2K each  PM Me ty..

chrism_rivera

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 10:53:31 AM »
I clearly disagree with you bro.. Sasamba kanalang nagtitipid kapa... Baka mamaya tipidin ka ni bigboss.. sige ka  :-D

If you have a volk wagen and a Mercedez.. What car would you "OFFER" to our big boss??  Benz? volks? both? (i hope you see the big picture)

+1,000,000!!!!!  :-D

Siguro it also depend sa capacity din ng church and yung faith mo sa magproprovide ng fund, yung best na kaya niyo or yung best na gusto niyong offer kay Bossing...

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 11:20:37 AM »

+1,000,000!!!!!  :-D

Siguro it also depend sa capacity din ng church and yung faith mo sa magproprovide ng fund, yung best na kaya niyo or yung best na gusto niyong offer kay Bossing...

sorry guys, i don't want to make any debate on this. what i'm just saying is above all the brands that we have in the market, the quality of the product and the price is has...again, the important thing is when we play, we play with our humble hearts for Him. you don't have to agree or disagree with me on this.

i just hope that our friend jericho finds a suitable drumset for their church with our help.
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

chrism_rivera

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 11:48:03 AM »
bro jericho55, ok ang gretsch... Ask ka na lang sa JB kung anong model yung kasya sa 35K na budget or if you can make it 45K mas ok... Alam ko may free na kasing cymbals yun eh... Pagtsagaan mo na lang muna yung free na cymbals don sa set na bibilihin mo... Check mo din yung Sonor... Alam ko May TAMA din ata na worth 40K to 50K, ok din yun...  :-D

Offline watcher

• Netizen Level
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 12:23:34 PM »
sulitin at sagarin mo ang budget! God gave us all the authority and power over heaven and earth... I suggest mag pearl ka o TAMA... Ipakita mo kung gano kayaman ang God natin!!! Only the Best For our GOD!!!!

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 12:29:55 PM »
Buy Father(priest) a DemonDrive for Christmas men!!  :-D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:31:26 PM by paeng16 »
For Sale:

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »
OT na to. i will get flamed for this but...im ignorant about today's christian values.

what's the difference between the drums in church than the ones we use at bars?

the last time i went to church, i was taught that we have an almighty god who will understand - its the deed and performance that counts because you are giving yourself, He will understand right? (i cant believe i just said that). isnt buying "the best", even more than you can afford, being materialistic and impractical?

and what's special with being a church drummer against us regular drummers? do you get special discounts for being religious?

first of all, im not knocking down anyone (people or religion). curious lang ako...nagiging excuse na kasi dito sa forum yung "for church use e, baka naman pwede pa additional discount".

jericho dude, just go to the music stores. ask for prices, decide on at least 3 models that you can afford and then come back here to ask for opinions regarding "which one is best".
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:54:46 PM by peeves24 »

Offline uglyguy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 01:06:40 PM »
OT na to. i will get flamed for this but...im ignorant about today's christian values.

what's the difference between the drums in church than the ones we use at bars?

the last time i went to church, i was taught that we have an almighty god who will understand - its the deed and performance that counts because you are giving yourself, He will understand right? (i cant believe i just said that). isnt buying "the best", even more than you can afford, being materialistic and impractical?

and what's special with being a church drummer against us regular drummers? do you get special discounts for being religious?

first of all, im not knocking down anyone (people or religion). curious lang ako...nagiging excuse na kasi dito sa forum yung "for church use e, baka naman pwede pa additional discount".

jericho dude, just go to the music stores. ask for prices, decide on at least 3 models that you can afford and then come back here to ask for opinions regarding "which one is best".

peeves yun drums ata sa church eh dapat tatak TAMA ... kasi bawal ang mali dun hahahahaha ....

well guys tama si peeves ... why ask for kung ano magandang drums sa church .. ano ba pag kaka iba nun kung sa bars ka mag set up ... u have the same acoustics naman ... same sound systems .. have you seen a sit up drums na naka lagay eh "FOR CHURCH USE ONLY" or "INTENDED FOR CHURCH USE" ... wala naman ata .... kung ano bibilin nyo sa drums eh sagot dyan eh what God has given you ba ... if God has given you PhP 30,000 for a sit up drums .. then spend mo yan lahat para lang dun .... wala naman sigurong low end drums na worht PhP 30,000 .... you will get a good set of sit up drums nyan .... and God doesn't look at your drum's brand ..... He looks at the heart of the drummer ......

just my 2 cents lang po

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 01:08:28 PM »
peeves yun drums ata sa church eh dapat tatak TAMA ... kasi bawal ang mali dun hahahahaha ....

:evil: makes sense  :-D

Offline boyutak101

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »
akin lang naman ito if your budget is around 45k for the whole thing meron naman packages sa JB na around that price eh! from gretsch to pearl to sonor with everything na yun! from the timba set (12,13,16,22 and a 14 snare) and a fusion kit (10,12,14,22 or 20 and a 14 snare) napaka rami kapatid does'nt matter what drums you get for church or not its the same thing! i advise you got to JB music/salonga in cubao look for amy and ask for a discount d naman sila swapang sa discount, don't be shy ask for a special discount accomodate naman nila kyo pag kaya eh!

chrism_rivera

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 01:49:51 PM »

well guys tama si peeves ... why ask for kung ano magandang drums sa church .. ano ba pag kaka iba nun kung sa bars ka mag set up ... u have the same acoustics naman ... same sound systems .. have you seen a sit up drums na naka lagay eh "FOR CHURCH USE ONLY" or "INTENDED FOR CHURCH USE" ... wala naman ata .... kung ano bibilin nyo sa drums eh sagot dyan eh what God has given you ba ... if God has given you PhP 30,000 for a sit up drums .. then spend mo yan lahat para lang dun .... wala naman sigurong low end drums na worht PhP 30,000 .... you will get a good set of sit up drums nyan .... and God doesn't look at your drum's brand ..... He looks at the heart of the drummer ......

just my 2 cents lang po

I agree!!! Work on the budget...  :-D

Offline DreamBig

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 02:07:06 PM »
IMHO. If 45K talaga ang allotted budget for the new drumset e might as well maximize it. For long term use naman yan kaya buy quality drumset na. I know you would agree that a good sounding drumset enhances the overall sound ng band (assuming na okay din yung drummer).

You can buy a Cheaper Fernnando set with planet Z cymbals for less than 20K  pero I would ONLY buy that if yun lang talaga ang kaya ng budget. But if I have 45K e I would prefer to buy the best drum set in that price range.

Kaya if talagang afford ang 45K e use it. I think the fusion set of Gretsch Catalina maple fits your budget, may cymbals na kasama na yun. I suggest that you go to Salonga cubao or better if sa Salonga Quiapo dahil mas mura sila mag quote compared sa mga JB sa malls. Check it out bro! Compare prices sa iba’t ibang branch dahil based on my  experience e magkakaiba sila ng ibibigay na price sa”yo for the same product.  Hope this helps!
Shuteyeview album "Day/night" is now available in Odyssey branches in the metro. Grab a copy now!!!
Click here to know more about us.

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
IMHO. If 45K talaga ang allotted budget for the new drumset e might as well maximize it. For long term use naman yan kaya buy quality drumset na. I know you would agree that a good sounding drumset enhances the overall sound ng band (assuming na okay din yung drummer).

You can buy a Cheaper Fernnando set with planet Z cymbals for less than 20K  pero I would ONLY buy that if yun lang talaga ang kaya ng budget. But if I have 45K e I would prefer to buy the best drum set in that price range.

Kaya if talagang afford ang 45K e use it. I think the fusion set of Gretsch Catalina maple fits your budget, may cymbals na kasama na yun. I suggest that you go to Salonga cubao or better if sa Salonga Quiapo dahil mas mura sila mag quote compared sa mga JB sa malls. Check it out bro! Compare prices sa iba’t ibang branch dahil based on my  experience e magkakaiba sila ng ibibigay na price sa”yo for the same product.  Hope this helps!

This doesn't HELPS!!! hehehe..

Same Price lang ang JB malls sa JB Quiapo dude... FYI...   :-D
For Sale:

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 04:36:27 PM »
ddrum Diablo.

Loko lang.  :-D

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »
ddrum Diablo.

Loko lang.  :-D

bumenta na yan GEP... parang DEMON DRIVE for the church!!...   :oops:
For Sale:

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »
bumenta na yan GEP... parang DEMON DRIVE for the church!!...   :oops:

At saka Schecter C-1 Hellraiser sa gitarista.  :lol:

Seriously, kahit ano'ng drumset naman na ok ang tunog, bagay sa simbahan. :)

Offline killikillers

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 05:02:26 PM »
ddrum diablo
pearl demon drive pati
zildjian pitch black

pang church

tama si gep kahit ano, kahit generic nga lang eh tapos palitan mo nalang ng skins, nasa pumapalo at nag totono din yan, hindi mo na kailangan ng monster kit unless bibigyan ka ng 200k budget ng church niyo

Offline DreamBig

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »
This doesn't HELPS!!! hehehe..

Same Price lang ang JB malls sa JB Quiapo dude... FYI...   

I just got a quote of catalina 6pc, 5pc from mega, salonga cubao and salonga Quiapo bro! Maybe you mean, same ang tag price. Pero as a smart buyer syempre you will ask for a discount. at dun sila nagkakatalo.  Always ask for a discount even if may nakalagay nang tag price. Pero you can do that if cash buyer ka. Pag credit card gagamitin mo e same price lang talaga lahat ng branches because usually what is tagged on the product is the card price.
Shuteyeview album "Day/night" is now available in Odyssey branches in the metro. Grab a copy now!!!
Click here to know more about us.

Offline jericho55

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2009, 08:19:30 PM »
hmm pede pong palagay kung magkanu ang gretsch catalina maple bka mapagiponan ko hehe..

Offline mahikawon666

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 10:09:21 AM »
electronic drums ang bagay sa tingin ko like medeli
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:46:54 PM by mahikawon666 »

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2009, 07:33:30 PM »
Pearl ala Pearly gates of heaven.
Gretsch Catalina kung si Sta Catalina ang patron ninyo.

wala lang. just kidding.:)
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline niroh

What are your Suggested Cymbals?
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 07:15:41 AM »
i'm looking forward bumili ng brand new cymbals for the church, pero hindi ko alam kung

ano ang maganda para sa simbahan, pwede nyo po ba akong tulungan para sa mga

ideas??

Offline tipsyboy

Re: What are your Suggested Cymbals?
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2012, 12:25:33 PM »
Mga guide questions para sayo: Sino ba tutugtog? Ano ba tugtugan? Pano ba pumalo yung drummer? Anong mga tunog ang hinahanap mo? Gusto mo ba brand new cymbals mo or ok ka lang sa used?

Ultimately, you'll have to figure that one out for yourself.  :-D