hulika

Author Topic: A/V Analog to Digital Converter Devices  (Read 821 times)

Offline IMKaye

• Philmusicus Noobitus
A/V Analog to Digital Converter Devices
« on: September 19, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »
Hi All!  :-)

Am currently working on assembling a multi format PC.  Am starting a sideline for my brother and involves conversions of A/V from analog to digital.  Your feedback and suggestions would be appreciated to the utmost!  Thanx in advance!

>  Any other software that is equally compared to Final Cut Pro considering its wide range of formats?  Like Vegas Pro?  Any feedbacks po?  I can't afford a MAc Pro with a Quad Core x 2, hehehe...  That is why am looking for the best software that could work in a PC which equals or surpasses the performance of Final Cut.

>  Any A/V converter device you can suggest?  I've heard of Canopus, but what does it do?  I need this converter device (example : to plug in an old analog video cam and digitize it in the PC) and it should be durable to withstand long hours of conversions - wedding coverages, etc. 

Your help would be highly appreciated bros!  TYIA!   :mrgreen:

--- IMKaye

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: A/V Analog to Digital Converter Devices
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:26:06 AM »
>  Any other software that is equally compared to Final Cut Pro considering its wide range of formats?  Like Vegas Pro?  Any feedbacks po?  I can't afford a MAc Pro with a Quad Core x 2, hehehe...  That is why am looking for the best software that could work in a PC which equals or surpasses the performance of Final Cut.

Adobe Premier? Then there's Mediaconverter.

>  Any A/V converter device you can suggest?  I've heard of Canopus, but what does it do?  I need this converter device (example : to plug in an old analog video cam and digitize it in the PC) and it should be durable to withstand long hours of conversions - wedding coverages, etc. 

I like viewcast products.

I think this topic should go in the PC Tech forum.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire