The Musician Forums > Guitar Central

Electric guitar in Acoustic band

(1/4) > >>

taniguesashimi:
Is it acceptable to play an electric guitar in acoustic bars? Do acoustic bars accept bands with electric guitar?

Im planning to install piezo system in my electric guitar and use it for an acoustic band, because electric guitar is more comfortable to me than any other acoustic guitar out there.

Ralph_Petrucci:

--- Quote from: taniguesashimi on January 23, 2017, 11:43:00 AM ---Is it acceptable to play an electric guitar in acoustic bars? Do acoustic bars accept bands with electric guitar?

Im planning to install piezo system in my electric guitar and use it for an acoustic band, because electric guitar is more comfortable to me than any other acoustic guitar out there.

--- End quote ---

yes. if you plan to use it as an electric guitar, best to bring an AMP, or an Amp sim effect to make sure you sound natural to the audience. an electric guitar plugged straight to the mixer with no amp/cab sims is one of the saddest sounding things I've ever heard and seen.

if you plan to install a piezo system in your electronic guitar, you might want to get a piezo acoustic DI as well, something similar to the radial PZ-DI or SB-4. Piezo Pickups usually have a different impedance rating and if you plug into the mixer straight, you will sound either too weak and  lacking bass or distorted.

good luck!

Skybox:

--- Quote from: Ralph_Petrucci on January 23, 2017, 12:24:10 PM ---yes. if you plan to use it as an electric guitar, best to bring an AMP, or an Amp sim effect to make sure you sound natural to the audience. an electric guitar plugged straight to the mixer with no amp/cab sims is one of the saddest sounding things I've ever heard and seen.

if you plan to install a piezo system in your electronic guitar, you might want to get a piezo acoustic DI as well, something similar to the radial PZ-DI or SB-4. Piezo Pickups usually have a different impedance rating and if you plug into the mixer straight, you will sound either too weak and  lacking bass or distorted.

good luck!

--- End quote ---

I agree. Bring an amp bro. Have you considered just getting a Boss AC-3?

Skybox:
From experience, Tele's and Strats sound great in the mix with acoustic guitars and percs. I was able to blend well in the mix with a semi-hollow as well.

varied_ventures:

--- Quote from: taniguesashimi on January 23, 2017, 11:43:00 AM ---Is it acceptable to play an electric guitar in acoustic bars? Do acoustic bars accept bands with electric guitar?

--- End quote ---

This is acceptable.

Here in Singapore, there are a lot acoustic nights. There are guitarists bringing their electric guitars.
As long as you are playing clean or just using modulation effects, then it might sound even nice.
You don't actually need a piezo pickup to musically jive in an acoustic show. Just bring your amp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version