hulika

Author Topic: RP BAND (Run for your love / When angels march across the sky)  (Read 126957 times)

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
RP BAND (Run for your love / When angels march across the sky)
« on: September 22, 2008, 06:00:37 PM »
Any of you guys remember this local band called RP BAND?  They had an Indie release back in the 80's with the songs Run For Your Love and When Angels March Across The Sky.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: RP BAND (Run for your love / When angels march across the sky)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »
Still no one remembers?

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 06:27:24 PM »
Still no one remembers?

Run for you love...I'll be looking for you ( at you? )....Run For your love...when you make a move...Run for your love....? Is that it? course I remember that.

Late 80's 'to. A lot of people even thought that it was Ric Segretto while in exile in the US, who sang this song with the band. They are a US-based filipino band I heard at that time.  :mrgreen: But I think Segretto was the brother of the vocalist if I'm not mistaken.

Offline syndrome

• Netizen Level
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 06:46:16 PM »
Goff Macaraeg (vocals), Bob Aves (Guitars) and Louie Ocampo (Keyboards) are the core members of this "supergroup", came around in late 80s and perhaps most of us could remember the band via the album "Street Legal" that includes the notable composition of Louie Ocampo entitled "While Angels March"...and by the way i still have this "Run" on my player and still enjoying it after almost 20yrs of listening :P

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »

Run for you love...I'll be looking for you ( at you? )....Run For your love...when you make a move...Run for your love....? Is that it? course I remember that.

Late 80's 'to. A lot of people even thought that it was Ric Segretto while in exile in the US, who sang this song with the band. They are a US-based filipino band I heard at that time.  :mrgreen: But I think Segretto was the brother of the vocalist if I'm not mistaken.

yup.  recently discovered this.  godfrey (goff) macaraeg is the older brother of richard macaraeg, aka ric segreto. 
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 09:01:37 AM »

You hit it right!! I really dig how their songs were recorded. During that time ang galing!!

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 09:03:50 AM »
Goff Macaraeg (vocals), Bob Aves (Guitars) and Louie Ocampo (Keyboards) are the core members of this "supergroup", came around in late 80s and perhaps most of us could remember the band via the album "Street Legal" that includes the notable composition of Louie Ocampo entitled "While Angels March"...and by the way i still have this "Run" on my player and still enjoying it after almost 20yrs of listening :P

Uy! I've been looking for a copy for a long time now! Would it be possible for me to get a copy? Thanks!

Offline syndrome

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 02:24:45 PM »
Uy! I've been looking for a copy for a long time now! Would it be possible for me to get a copy? Thanks!

here's the track "Run" by RPhttp://www.nowupload.com/:Za8

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 07:37:47 PM »
Thanks for the link! A great song for talented local artists!

Offline reyban

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 07:52:13 PM »
Able musicians, good songs. I still got the vinyl somewhere in my parent's place. Got to get my turntable back to shape. :)

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 04:50:06 AM »
Really cool if you can post the picture of the album cover.

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 08:05:40 AM »
You hit it right!! I really dig how their songs were recorded. During that time ang galing!!

They really sounded foreign then, galing ng recording at ng song. Early NU 107 days eto ! At a time when The Dawn & Identity Crisis were the only local rock bands who have recorded respectable quality recordings. They were one of the pioneers! RP is a big favorite of mine together with then upcoming local band as welll, FRONTIER of the Take My Hand fame. :mrgreen:

Offline Allan Roy

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 08:19:38 AM »
RJ UR 105.9 FM regularly play the songs of  RP Band.  The station even guested Geoff Macaraig during the Pinoy Rock Show early this year .... Great Band..... Great Album

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »
Is it a whole album or just 2 tracks? I only heard Run and When Angels..........

Back then recording was reel based, cut to cut editing. The talents of the engineers really surfaced.

Offline reyban

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 10:35:45 PM »
Really cool if you can post the picture of the album cover.

Would look for the LP this weekend and as soon as I find it (fingers crossed) will snap pics of the front and back artwork and vinyl.

Post updated. Here goes:

Tracks:

Side A
1. Keep Our Love Alive (Aves/Macaraeg)
2. Run (G.Macaraeg)
3. Love Is All I Need (Aves/Macaraeg)
4. While Angels March (Ocampo/Macaraeg)

Side B
1. Got Carried Away (B. Aves)
2. So Glad (G. Macaraeg)
3. Set Me Free (Asuncion/Aves/Macaraeg)
4. Street Legal (G. Macaraeg)

Goff Macaraeg: Vocals
Bob Aves: Guitars, Keyboards and Bass
Roy Mercado: Drums

Guest Musicians:

Ric Segreto: Back-up Vocals
Louie Ocampo: Keyboards on "While Angels March"

Produced by Bob Aves & Goff Macaraeg
Executive Producer: Mike Pedero
All songs arranged by Bob Aves
Recorded and Mixed by Jofel Meimban & Mike Pedero at Tracks Recording Studio
Album Cover by Libertine Aves

Copyright 1985 Aves/Macaraeg
Released by Blackgold Records Corporation (BA-5161)

Hope this helps :)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:49:10 AM by reyban »

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »
brothers! at long last! i have a copy of run! thanks a lot! i've been searching for this in ages. kahit While Angels March nalang makuha ko masaya nako!

by the way, I have their album Strange Storms in mp3 format given to me by a very nice forumite called kawayan strat. I could share it to you guys if you like  :-D
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 09:26:28 AM »
mayroon ng ganitong topic before..goff was chatting with forumates too. sharing info's during those days..

I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 09:35:05 AM »
ows? that's great! maganda sana may thread na para sa RP band para makapagkwentuhan habang nagkakape :-D
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »
Would look for the LP this weekend and as soon as I find it (fingers crossed) will snap pics of the front and back artwork and vinyl. Meanwhile,

Tracks:

Side A
1. Keep Our Love Alive (Aves/Macaraeg)
2. Run (G.Macaraeg)
3. Love Is All I Need (Aves/Macaraeg)
4. While Angels March (Ocampo/Macaraeg)

Side B
1. Got Carried Away (B. Aves)
2. So Glad (G. Macaraeg)
3. Set Me Free (Asuncion/Aves/Macaraeg)
4. Street Legal (G. Macaraeg)

Goff Macaraeg: Vocals
Bob Aves: Guitars, Keyboards and Bass
Roy Mercado: Drums

Guest Musicians:

Ric Segreto: Back-up Vocals
Louie Ocampo: Keyboards on "While Angels March"

Produced by Bob Aves & Goff Macaraeg
Executive Producer: Mike Pedero
All songs arranged by Bob Aves
Recorded and Mixed by Jofel Meimban & Mike Pedero at Tracks Recording Studio
Album Cover by Libertine Aves

Copyright 1985 Aves/Macaraeg
Released by Blackgold Records Corporation (BA-5161)

Hope this helps :)

Hanep naman! Cool Infos ! All the while I thought they recorded this in the US, they even recorded at Tracks ? Probably because of the quality of the recording then na parang stateside talaga, kaya that news somehow medyo kumalat nuon.

Hmmm...pero question lang, during this time, if I'm not mistaken Ric Segretto was already in the States right ? How did he record this?

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 08:14:27 PM »
brothers! at long last! i have a copy of run! thanks a lot! i've been searching for this in ages. kahit While Angels March nalang makuha ko masaya nako!

by the way, I have their album Strange Storms in mp3 format given to me by a very nice forumite called kawayan strat. I could share it to you guys if you like  :-D

If you can upload it via a torrent site for us to grab it would be very much appreciated.

Reyban, thanks for the picture. Those were the days!

Offline reyban

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 09:11:02 PM »
Strange Storms. I like that better than Street Legal. If I remember right, it only came out on cassette. I bought that one pero di ko na mahanap ang copy ko. One thing sure, I didn't throw it away. All day I've been thinking kung saan ko tinago yung tape when I moved in to my own place two years ago.

I would be jumping up and high if that MP3 copy can be made available. :)

In return, for those who have the equipment to do a needle drop of Street Legal - my LP is available.  :-D

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 10:41:03 AM »
mga bros ready to jump high because my strange storm album (with very special thanks to kawayan_strat) is in mp3 format. banned yung torrent and other downloading sites dito sa office. please email me at raizen26@yahoo.com  kahit 2 songs per email send ko sa inyo if ok with you.

while angels march na laaang.... yoooohooooo!!!  :-D

by the way, i emailed bob aves a year ago and he said yung master tape was quite damaged and they are looking for ways to restore it

Offline reyban

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »
@Raizen 26

Email sent :)

@Stringman

My pleasure.

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 01:40:36 PM »
@ reyban

jump high because its in your email na. I used my google account may problema ata yung yahoo. enjoy!  :-D

Offline reyban

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 02:00:32 PM »
@raizen26,

Got 'em all!!! I am playing the first track, Strange Storms. Now I remember why I liked this album so much.  Heavy riffs, melodic and the guitar squeals. And do I hear some tapping and pinch harmonics?

Really hope something can be done to have both albums re-released on CDs.

What's the torrent tracker of choice, guys?

Thanks again raizen!!!