hulika

Author Topic: Windows Vista  (Read 15257 times)

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Windows Vista
« on: February 07, 2007, 03:31:43 PM »
who's using windows vista ngayon ? yung released version ah hindi yung mga beta version ? how was it ? reviews naman ?

i remember kasi using windows vista RC2 ang daming programs ang hindi ko ma install or ayaw mag run mismo... 1 popular example is yung latest patch update ng warcraft 2 frozen throne... i can install and play warcraft 2 frozen throne but nung sinusubukan ko i install yung latest patch ayaw....

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 04:44:22 AM »
I used Vista Ultimate on a laptop I reviewed for Gadgets Mag...

Kala ko wala nang Blue screen???

Meron pa rin pala... Must be some driver compatibility issues...

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 04:50:46 AM »
ako... saka na mag vista...

most of my DAW Apps isnt compatible with VISTA pa eh. haaaaaaaaaaay
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline kaffee

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 07:32:49 AM »
VISTA REVIEW, three of many
5 Sins of Vista
http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/5-sins-of-vista.html

FORTUNE Magazine's review
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/02/05/8399126/index.htm

Walter Mossberg's VISTA Review (The Wall Street Journal's Tech guru)
http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20070118.html

On this article, he particularly cites:
...Even if you buy the Home Premium or Ultimate editions, Vista will revert to the Basic features if it detects that your machine is too wimpy to run the new user interface.

For most users who want Vista, I strongly recommend buying a new PC with the new operating system preloaded. I wouldn't even consider trying to upgrade a computer older than 18 months, and even some of them may be unsuitable candidates. Microsoft offers a free, downloadable Upgrade Advisor program that can tell you how ready your XP machine is. It's available at: microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor.

If you bought a PC in the past few months, and it had a "Vista Capable" sticker on it, it should be able to run at least Home Basic. If it was labeled "Premium Ready," it should be able to handle Premium and probably Ultimate.

Microsoft says that Home Basic can run on a PC with half a gigabyte of memory and that Premium and Ultimate will work on a PC with one gigabyte of memory. I strongly advise doubling those numbers. To get all the features of Vista, you should have two gigabytes of memory, far more than most people own.

Even more important is your graphics card, a component most people know little about. Home Basic can run on almost any graphics system. But Premium and Ultimate will need a powerful, modern graphics system to run well.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 12:30:41 AM »
VISTA REVIEW, three of many
5 Sins of Vista
http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/5-sins-of-vista.html

na  experience ko lahat yang 5 sins na yan sa RC2 .... bad trip, then imagine di parin nila inayos sa released version ?

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 01:39:26 AM »
pag tumakbo mga DAW Apps and Video Editing Apps ko sa LINUX dedmahin ko na Microsoft forever!! hehehe

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 02:19:57 AM »
pag tumakbo mga DAW Apps and Video Editing Apps ko sa LINUX dedmahin ko na Microsoft forever!! hehehe

hahaha +10000 kahit ako mag ka macromedia lang sa linux at photoshop

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 02:25:38 AM »
speaking of which... na try mo na bro yung parang photoshop sa linux? i forgot the apps name eh. pero sabi nung kakilala kong nakagamit na oks naman daw.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 02:35:16 AM »
speaking of which... na try mo na bro yung parang photoshop sa linux? i forgot the apps name eh. pero sabi nung kakilala kong nakagamit na oks naman daw.

nakita ko lang mismo pero di ko sinubukan gamitin hehehehe

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 04:17:01 AM »

nakita ko lang mismo pero di ko sinubukan gamitin hehehehe

matitinag rin balang araw ang dynasty ni bill hehe

Offline kaffee

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 12:03:58 PM »
edge and bugoy,
I believe it is Gimp you are referring to, an opensource photoediting app.
Check it out or get it all here: http://www.opensourcemac.org/

Try Cyberduck or Fetch for very easy FTP GUI and functions, too :)

Btw, I also have to mention that, with a few minor bugs on meebo.com sometimes, Adium is a pretty neat alternative, is customizable and allows multi-server IMs.

Cheers :)

Offline krizxia

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 12:49:55 PM »
exerpted from http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20070118.html

Gradually, all Windows computers will be Vista computers, and that's a good thing, if only for security reasons. But you may want to keep your older Windows XP box around awhile longer, until you can afford new hardware that can handle Vista.

...there are great hardcore games that demands highend pc and we cant resist to play, as for now mga may kaya lng at gamers lng siguro makaka try ng bago ver ng windows coz mostly they hav powerful pc. so for the meantym, like me and others who cant afford to upgrade or buy new unit, xp muna.

Offline kaffee

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 01:32:30 PM »
...there are great hardcore games that demands highend pc and we cant resist to play, as for now mga may kaya lng at gamers lng siguro makaka try ng bago ver ng windows coz mostly they hav powerful pc. so for the meantym, like me and others who cant afford to upgrade or buy new unit, xp muna.

Scroll down and check out launch prices here.
===================================
On another Vista-related news, I have to say truth or consequence: Vista for US$8
http://www.taliyanews.com/en/archive/2007/02/iranian_hackers_possess_window.php (Taliyanews is an Iranian news organization)
    Discussions here:

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 01:48:21 PM »

Btw, I also have to mention that, with a few minor bugs on meebo.com sometimes, Adium is a pretty neat alternative, is customizable and allows multi-server IMs.

Cheers :)

im actually using GAIM as my IM downloaded from sourceforge and its open source din. dami ko kasi IM's eh eg. ym,msn,icq

Offline krizxia

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 01:50:24 PM »
yah kuya your ryt, mag upgrade nga from 5200 to 6series na card hindi ko pa ma afford, yan pa kaya price ng vista, ultimate? mas mahal pa ata sa cost ng pc ko.

Offline kaffee

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 01:54:53 PM »
im actually using GAIM as my IM downloaded from sourceforge and its open source din. dami ko kasi IM's eh eg. ym,msn,icq
GAIM FOR:  AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, MSN, Jabber, IRC, Napster, Gadu-Gadu, Zephyr, and SILC, ETC....
edge, I envy your job affording you time to connect to all your buddies!  :-o

Offline kaffee

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »
yah kuya your ryt, mag upgrade nga from 5200 to 6series na card hindi ko pa ma afford, yan pa kaya price ng vista, ultimate? mas mahal pa ata sa cost ng pc ko.

Yeah, the first time probably that you'll be obliged to spend more for than the cost of your PC which you need Vista to operate. Something is amiss...
Btw, if you're referring to me on that post, it's ate :)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »
GAIM FOR:  AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, MSN, Jabber, IRC, Napster, Gadu-Gadu, Zephyr, and SILC, ETC....
edge, I envy your job affording you time to connect to all your buddies!  :-o

my clients abroad use msn, jabber and icq kasi. all of my friends naman are in my ym. i love tab window chatting kesa sobrang daming window on my desktop. mejo minimalist kasi ako hehehe

Offline TINKYWINKY

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 06:20:45 PM »
a lot of applications would not run on vista. too bad... :-(
Tinky Winky is in love with Dipsy. It is probable that they had an affair, or at least a sexual liason, at some point in the past. Sadly, Dipsy is no longer interested.

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 03:32:04 AM »
not at this time.. hope updates will be available sometime this year..

Offline djspit

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 07:48:09 PM »
i saw the ultimate edition... 64bit -==)

i like =) and it runs faster than xp on intelmacs!
http://www.facebook.com/djmyke/pages#!/pages/DJMYKE/255868169639 IMAC 24" core2duo Logic Pro 9, Ableton Live 8, Reason 6.0, Apogee Duet2, axiom49,Keystation 88es, Yamaha dx100, Rode NT1a, Yamaha HS80m,Taylor 614, Taylor GS Mini, Fender Telecaster USA. ban

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 04:38:03 AM »
madami pang lalabas nyan hehe

lam nyo naman ang windows ay bug free

LIBRE ANG BUGS!!! hahaha

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 05:52:59 PM »
finally, there's a patch for Sonic DLA (drag and drop function)

Offline kaffee

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 11:35:36 AM »
lam nyo naman ang windows ay bug free
LIBRE ANG BUGS!!! hahaha
Naughty...