hulika

Author Topic: POST your RAREST PEDAL & GUITAR here.  (Read 157145 times)

Offline jeffyonzon_025

• Veteran Member
Re: POST your RAREST PEDAL & GUITAR here.
« Reply #550 on: May 21, 2011, 09:39:47 AM »
dami na ng napuntahan nyang britmod na yan ah hehe
haha ..4th hand na nga yang britmod ko eh.hehe :lol:
Array

Offline ibanez_guy

« Reply #551 on: May 23, 2011, 11:11:28 PM »
Ibanez AR 120 BK - from my research and what i saw in catalogs, it was only made from 1985 - 1988, . It's rare because it was an artist that was made of basswood and has a different bridge. This guitar is older than me  :lol: my dad bought it in his trip to Japan. He was an SG fanatic (he has 7, 4 of which are older than me and my brother), and he bought it to see what the Japan guitar hype was all about. Since it was way cheaper than his gibsons, he really didn't take good care of it.
Beat up hardcase

Full shot

RGA121-like bridge. Those 2 screws perpendicular to the posts I've been told by my dad's guitar fanatic friends are "scale" adjustments. can adjust it from 24.75, to 25 to 25.5 by loosening and tightening it. I think it's BS, i just dont know, it's probably for intonation or something. i measured it and the scale is 25".

Vintage Ibanez Push pull knobs. Huge scratches

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #552 on: May 23, 2011, 11:23:43 PM »
Ibanez AR 120 BK - from my research and what i saw in catalogs, it was only made from 1985 - 1988, . It's rare because it was an artist that was made of basswood and has a different bridge. This guitar is older than me  :lol: my dad bought it in his trip to Japan. He was an SG fanatic (he has 7, 4 of which are older than me and my brother), and he bought it to see what the Japan guitar hype was all about. Since it was way cheaper than his gibsons, he really didn't take good care of it.
Beat up hardcase
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n257/mike5331155/gear/IMG00098-20110522-1418.jpg
Full shot
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n257/mike5331155/gear/IMG00099-20110522-1419.jpg
RGA121-like bridge. Those 2 screws perpendicular to the posts I've been told by my dad's guitar fanatic friends are "scale" adjustments. can adjust it from 24.75, to 25 to 25.5 by loosening and tightening it. I think it's BS, i just dont know, it's probably for intonation or something. i measured it and the scale is 25".

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n257/mike5331155/gear/IMG00101-20110522-1420.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n257/mike5331155/gear/IMG00102-20110522-1420.jpg
Vintage Ibanez Push pull knobs. Huge scratches
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n257/mike5331155/gear/IMG00103-20110522-1421.jpg

Nice guitar!

For the bold statement, the two screws on each side are for intonation adjustment. Apart from the adjustable saddles, you can also adjust the whole assembly if the saddles can't intonate the strings properly or need less/more distance.

Same way the PRS wraparound bridges work as well as most conventional wrap around bridges.  :-)

Offline ibanez_guy

« Reply #553 on: May 23, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »
Nice guitar!

For the bold statement, the two screws on each side are for intonation adjustment. Apart from the adjustable saddles, you can also adjust the whole assembly if the saddles can't intonate the strings properly or need less/more distance.

Same way the PRS wraparound bridges work as well as most conventional wrap around bridges.  :-)

exactly what i was thinking, sir! i remember a few years back , those screws were tightened all the way in, maybe they thought it would give the guitar a "fender scale"  :lol:.

there aren't many info or specs about this guitar in the net. so far, i only have seen one other guitar like this and that was on youtube. it took me awhile to find out what exactly is its' model name!  :lol:my dad never knew what it was for like 20 years!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #554 on: May 23, 2011, 11:51:47 PM »
exactly what i was thinking, sir! i remember a few years back , those screws were tightened all the way in, maybe they thought it would give the guitar a "fender scale"  :lol:.

Hahaha. Kaso iba pa rin eh. Fixed yung distance nung 1st fret hanggang 12th fret. And nagbabago ay yung mula 12th fret hanggang saddles. Pag hindi na nagpantay, sablay na rin. Hahaha.

Then again, that bridge assembly looks really nice and seems to be holding up well despite the age.

there aren't many info or specs about this guitar in the net. so far, i only have seen one other guitar like this and that was on youtube. it took me awhile to find out what exactly is its' model name!  :lol:my dad never knew what it was for like 20 years!

Nice! Now you got to add some demos on youtube for that guitar.  :-)

Offline ibanez_guy

« Reply #555 on: May 24, 2011, 12:19:25 AM »
Hahaha. Kaso iba pa rin eh. Fixed yung distance nung 1st fret hanggang 12th fret. And nagbabago ay yung mula 12th fret hanggang saddles. Pag hindi na nagpantay, sablay na rin. Hahaha.

Then again, that bridge assembly looks really nice and seems to be holding up well despite the age.

Nice! Now you got to add some demos on youtube for that guitar.  :-)

yup, stubborn old people. the bridge is rock solid. and the tuners, though only have ibanez written on them, stay in tune real well. pag officially pinamana na sa akin ito ng dad ko, it's going to Elegee for a repaint, new electronics and wiring and possibly a pickup replacement!

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #556 on: June 26, 2011, 03:22:30 PM »
Up. lulz
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #557 on: June 26, 2011, 06:39:30 PM »

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #558 on: June 26, 2011, 07:39:16 PM »
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:51:24 PM by toybitz »
lumanog > denio ds > hanabishi karaoke + hanabishi electric fan

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #559 on: June 26, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »
It's the real deal my friend :-)
My older brother got it around 1981 I think when our dad went to Japan. Now it's mine  :evil:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:18:21 PM by jbarot »

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #561 on: June 27, 2011, 10:00:32 AM »

My "rock" pedal :lol:
Just wont burn...

Offline putchazta_46

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #562 on: June 27, 2011, 03:23:52 PM »

It cost me a LOT to complete this board setup esp. the CE2, DM2 and DD2 pedals. All are Boss MIJ Pedals BTW.  :wink:

Got the DNA Gain Fxxker II from IncX. It's a discontinued MIJ Boutique Distortion Pedal.  :-D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:28:55 PM by putchazta_46 »

Offline arpeggiosfromheaven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #563 on: June 27, 2011, 07:22:10 PM »
^ wow DM-3 :-o

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #564 on: June 27, 2011, 07:50:19 PM »
It's the real deal my friend :-)
My older brother got it around 1981 I think when our dad went to Japan. Now it's mine  :evil:

Too bad you don't play electric. Hahaha!
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #565 on: June 28, 2011, 01:08:48 AM »
namimis ko ung dm2 ko. bibilhin ko pag nakita ko sa classifieds. :lol:

Offline jbarot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #566 on: June 28, 2011, 06:02:27 AM »
Too bad you don't play electric. Hahaha!

actually it works well with acoustics.  the pedal has this strange ability of making of making the guitar's signal louder accurately and without distortion :-D

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #567 on: June 28, 2011, 06:10:23 AM »
this count.already posted in tele love;

The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall i fear....

Offline putchazta_46

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #568 on: June 28, 2011, 05:31:35 PM »
namimis ko ung dm2 ko. bibilhin ko pag nakita ko sa classifieds. :lol:

Eto na yung nasa board ko haha. check mo may replacement knob na siya. thanks talaga sir for the DM2.

^ wow DM-3 :-o

DM2 bro hehe.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:06:29 PM by toybitz »

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #569 on: June 28, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »
^ wow! oo nga noh, di ko napansin :lol:

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #570 on: June 28, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
actually it works well with acoustics.  the pedal has this strange ability of making of making the guitar's signal louder accurately and without distortion :-D

Patikim naman minsan... LOL!
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline arpeggiosfromheaven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #571 on: June 28, 2011, 07:39:47 PM »
lol DM-2 pala :D

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #572 on: July 02, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »

Bro, I have a set of Boss MIJs as a collection but your set is older and great!  :-o
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #573 on: May 18, 2012, 02:08:13 AM »
Was thinking of buying some vcds namely looking for that classic Silence of the Lambs on cheap second hand vcd state.
If you live in Yau Ma Tei particularly Temple street you can get anything cheap....if you look for it.

On the way to those last vcd shops that i know was my local junk shop.
He doesnt have much in stock instrument wise but i was on the look out for old radios for maybe i can get it for cheap, check the insides for some germanium transistors. Okay yung set-up nya tambakan ng bakal at recyclable tapos nandun sya sa tabi to sift thru the garbage and look at what he can salvage and resale.

As i was going towards the shop my eye caught what looked to me from afar was an old radio from the 50s or 60s for it looked like an overgrown toaster oven but lo and behold upon closer inspection.....

What i was seeing in front of my eyes for the first time was a...Binson Echorec model B2 made from 1961-1970.
Early Pink Floyd came to mind, echo came to mind, me being a gearslut all over again came to mind.
Then it hit me this guy ebays the stuff he finds.

I ask him does it work?
He doesnt have a clue.

Where is the power cord?
He said..mow la which means not here or nothing in Cantonese.

Then come the golden question and i asked...kei chi na? which means how much.

Sabi nya P5K flat, i countered no lights working, no power cord P4K no questions asked and ill take it.
sabi nya okay LA.

Napa-utang tuloy ako sa maid ko.
Sya lang may cash at the time si kumander nasa trabaho....binayaran kinabukasan.

Mukha syang 30-60 agaw buhay but damn....owning a piece of history straight reference sa idol mo its pretty hard to resist.
After i got her cleaned up she looks so cool just sitting on top of my dining table.

Here are some more pics of the after purchase.

This one doesnt look good...parang watermarks na masyadong malapit sa tingin ko ay sa transformer.

Kinalawang na yung motor spindle but the alloy head is pristine.

Side down and dusted.

Sorry for the long post but to be honest....i cant stop touching her and twiddling her knobs.
Wifey doesnt understand why....go figure?
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #574 on: May 18, 2012, 04:02:48 AM »
nice find! , thats gonna be big $$$ if restored