hulika

Author Topic: 2006 nu rock award winners list - (Don't make this a HATE thread!)  (Read 14059 times)

Offline bongmolina

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: 2006 nu rock award winners list
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2006, 12:58:58 PM »
Personally, I would like to thank NU 107 for recognizing the very important role played by the rockjocks of the rock of manila.... These are  the dudes and dudettes who contributed a lot to Rock Music in the Philippines and responsible  the propagation of Pinoy Rock........... Visit their website at www.therockofmanila.com  .  For  the young rockers, they may wonder what the heck is the rock of manila : please read on :

What? The ROCK of MANILA? What the heck is that?

In 1963, a group of friends and classmates started broadcasting over DZRJ-AM from a small booth at the back of the Jacinto residence in Quezon City, Philippines. Inspite of a fuzzy signal which had more static noise than music, the station developed a distinct personality that appealed mostly to teenagers. The music format was patterned loosely after popular US Top 40 stations and eventually, the station adopted "BossRadio" as its catchword that would set it apart from other pop music stations at the time. By the late 60s, the station had started experimenting with music beyond the typical pop fare. It had also moved out of its modest beginnings and into brand new facilities, a especially built flying saucer-like structure on top of a building. It was on the 12th floor with a 360 degree view of Metro Manila, and it was called The TOWER.

Woodstock, Fillmore East/West, Jesus Christ Superstar and exciting new musical directions have opened up a brave new world to explore. And BossRadio, which had morphed into The Rock of Manila, was on the crest of an unstoppable wave. Manila, or the Philippines at that, has not experienced anything like what DZRJ was broadcasting. After a few more years, The Rock of Manila was the #1 music station in the nation.

The 70s witnessed the emergence of Pinoy Rock. The Rock of Manila was at the forefront of this movement - organizing and presenting concerts featuring the best local artists and broadcasting one of the most popular shows on radio: Pinoy Rock and Rhythm.

There was an intermittent flow of rockjocks who moved in and out of the station during those years. But no matter who was on-the-air, there was no doubt that The Rock of Manila was giving its listeners the best of the various genres of rock music there was at the time.

Listen to rock 990 AM :mrgreen:

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2006, 01:38:46 PM »
alala ko pa highschool ako nirerecord ko sa VHS yung rock awards di ko maalala exact year basta yun yung tumugtog ang The Youth astig na astig pa noon cowboy na cowboy dating rock na rock yung NU rock awards nun, then the following year yata ni record ko yun yung tumugtog ulit ang The Youth naka sutana sila nun then tinugtog nila Tao po, tumugtog din rivermaya nun si bamboo pa singer yung Hilo tinugtog nila, Wolfgang, Then Opening Act eh Teeth Laklak!... astig na astig pa yung rock awards nun... alala ko nanalong drummer of the year nun is si Harley Alarcon.. Guest Pa si Mike Kazem ng MTV  :-D, naalala ko last Rock awards na ni record ko eh tumugtog ang razorback ng payaso.. actually yung performace lang nila nirecord ko  :-D di ne enjoy yung rock awards nun eh  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:40:19 PM by bugoy »

Offline Anthria

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2006, 05:30:34 AM »

i see ... that clears up everything.

i guess i havent seen myrene really play ... who knows what she's capable of.

as for raimund ... even way back when i was making "industrial metal" and he was making squid 9 blips .. uhmmm ... no hate threads (or posts for that matter). let us just say: to each his own!

some ppl don't need a bass player, they need a sequencer where you type the note and the program puts out a drone for you.

i just had to say that, hehehe.

LAST WARNING!!!

ANY MORE THAN THIS..... THEN THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED!!!

:mrgreen:
Custom Band Website (HTML, Flash, Wordpress, Joomla, etc.)
Txt: 0916-7440600
"It's only rock'n'roll. It just so happens that we write most of it." - John Lennon

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
nood tayo nito sa Myx sa 21 para mapanood nyo na un mga nanalo... saka un mga tumugtog.. kaso puro cut sa myx.. mahaba ata lenght ng rock awards eh

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
hala lagot kayo kay bossing  Anthria nag caps lock na  :-o

Offline thisistrivent

• Netizen Level
The Dawn's performance, was as always, superb.

YUN LANG!!!!
with all the wounded hearts
and broken souls
i don't know who to trust.

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
ang napanuod ko lng yun nanalong best drummer yun drummer ng Itchyworms
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
boss Anthria.. ang PUSO mo!!..
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
kulits ng performance ng sandwich with jamir  :evil:

drummer of the year yung drummer nung itchy worms eh noh... hmmmm... ehehe!
sana next NU rock awards ROCK naman sana yung malupit!!!... halos puro happy songs na lang ngayon eh :roll:...  :-D
It's been 2 hours and 6 days, since you made my world a cold place, with nothing to see, and nothing to hear, i walk alone with a hope inside me, and this world refused to guide me, with nothing to feel and this wounds won't heal...

Offline IncX

i'm posting again... and im typing SANDWICH.

i think im the one turning this into a hate thread. hehehehe.

Offline pyrosolaris

« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2007, 12:58:12 PM »
sa mga di nakapanood...
 :-D

huwaw!

cno 2?

nakabahag tapos nakamic tapos kalbo na may bigote?

kamukha ni Dong
Rise O fallen fighters,
Rise and take your stance again,
Coz he whho fights and runs away, Live to fight another day  -Berhane Selassie (Hon. Robert Nesta Marley, O.M.) The Heathen, Bob Marley and the Wailers   BAKIT 125 LANG ANG POSTS KO??? MODS

Offline kai52111

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2007, 12:39:19 PM »

huwaw!

cno 2?

kamukha ni Dong

he is dong abay  :-)

Offline odalisque

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2007, 01:49:42 PM »

huwaw!

cno 2?

kamukha ni Dong

he is dong abay  :-)

:-D

Offline MarkRelos

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2007, 09:21:27 PM »
as much as i think her band sandwich sucks to kingdom come

whoa.. ang galing siguro ng banda mo...

well said...this is the kind of thing that brings you down in this business... saying things.. do you even know what ur saying? do you have anything to back what ur saying??
At sa pag tulog ng gabi maririnig ang dasal na ang kabataan uhaw sa tunay na pag mamahal " -

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: 2006 nu rock award winners list - (Don't make this a HATE thread!)
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2007, 09:26:39 AM »
warning na nga eh no. makukulit talaga.  :lol:

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2007, 10:12:21 AM »
as much as i think her band sandwich sucks to kingdom come

whoa.. ang galing siguro ng banda mo...

well said...this is the kind of thing that brings you down in this business... saying things.. do you even know what ur saying? do you have anything to back what ur saying??

what no one's allowed to express their opinion anymore?? i like sandwich but i respect anyones right to say they suck

hindi rin kailangang magaling ang banda mo para magka opinyon ka
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »
May awards d2 ba 4 actual MUSICIANSHIP??? Lugi ung mga hindi mainstream na musikero
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline sig

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2007, 11:00:52 PM »
Sayang di ako nakanood live.

Galing ng performance ng 'worms w/ the string section of Silent Sanctuary.

I really felt overly proud 'nung nanalo 'worms for the Album of the Year award, because this album is definitely one of the best concept albums recorded by a Filipino band.

:mrgreen:
Piss me off now.
The next time I see you, I could kill you.

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2007, 01:17:06 AM »
May awards d2 ba 4 actual MUSICIANSHIP??? Lugi ung mga hindi mainstream na musikero

As long as the selection process involves public voting in one way or another, then treat all the winners as winning at least in part by popular vote.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2007, 10:52:45 PM »
yung public voting ba na yan eh nasusunod talaga or palabas lang then may naluluto rin na iba dun sa management mismo ? may narinig ako na rumor from a friend na close friend ng isang winner last NU rock awards re: a band na may member na nanalo palagi once a year eheh dahil "malakas" daw sa management yung 2 member.

As long as the selection process involves public voting in one way or another, then treat all the winners as winning at least in part by popular vote.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 10:56:31 PM by bugoy »

Offline vampirechiq

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2007, 06:00:12 PM »
WEEEH, ANGALING NI MONG ALCARAZ... (SORRY, LUBOG CAPS LOCK KO EHH,)