hulika

Author Topic: Jimi Hendrix: Are You Experienced?  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
Jimi Hendrix: Are You Experienced?
« on: February 21, 2005, 03:28:08 PM »
Released: 1967
Genre: Rock
Styles: Rock & Roll, Blues-Rock, Hard Rock, Psychedelic, Acid Rock, Guitar Virtuoso

Tracks:
01. Purple Haze
02. Manic Depression
03. Hey Joe
04. Love Or Confusion
05. May This Be Love
06. I Don't Live Today
07. The Wind Cries Mary
08. Fire
09. Third Stone From The Sun
10. Foxey Lady
11. Are You Experienced?
12. Stone Free
13. 51st Anniversary
14. Highway Chile
15. Can You See Me  
16. Remember
17. Red House

This is Jimi's debut album. This album has a much more blues-rock feel to it than his later albums. It's an extremely innovational album and one of the greatest of all time. Jimi's guitar playing is outstanding. He has explored the sounds that can be made with a guitar and taken it a whole new level. "Are You Experienced" turned the music world upside down as Hendrix showed everyone exactly what it meant to be 'experienced.'

Hendrix's lyrics are not very strong, for the most part, on this album. Later in his career, he worked on writing lyrics more, but at this stage in his career the lyrics were nothing too spectacular. But it didn't ruin any of my pleasure in this album. My favourite tracks are "Purple Haze," "Red House," "Stone Free," "Hey Joe," and "Are You Experienced?"

This album blew me away. It was phenominal. If this album was lost or stolen I wouldn't even look for it, I'd just go and buy it again.

Rating: 5/5

Rock on! :-({|=
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Jimi Hendrix: Are You Experienced?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 11:41:39 PM »
If you like Jimi's Blues playing there is actually a CD out called Jimi Hendrix: Blues ... this has multiple takes of classics like Red House. I have this, it was great reference when I used to play in a blues band.

"there's a red house out there yonder baby..."