hulika

Author Topic: Armando "Tabo" Derecho  (Read 8958 times)

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Armando "Tabo" Derecho
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:10:06 PM »
Has anyone tried his classicals? I read that they go upwards of 1000usd but I don't see that many people talking about his guitars..
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline Pianista

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Armando "Tabo" Derecho
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »
i already met the man himself
he's well known a luthier of classical guitars.

i have personally tried alot of his works of guitars. and its truly amazing. much more on a concert guitars. also tried his 10 string classical guitar. and wow.

the once's ive tried was those once the cost 50k-70k guitars for those student classical guitars. but yea they are all good and nice.

some of my friends have derecho guitars.

and his rival's those adolfo guitars.

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »
Interesting.. Couldnt find that much info on him or any photos of his guitars online, but I read about him in a couple of lifestyle books. I'm under the impression that he is a world renowned maker of classical guitars. :D Do you know where I can find any details about the guitars he makes, or do I have to speak with him personally for that?
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 04:53:43 PM »
tried one of master proonie's.  a 70 thou derecho classical masterpiece.  lakas ng volume. think it was a rosewood back and sides.  not sure about the soundboard though. i have his phone number if you need em.  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 07:15:23 AM by thr3ten »
Pulling Teeth!

Offline junelle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »
Yung teacher ng brother ko ito and recommended na classical guitar. May sasalihan kasing competetion bro ko. I think its NAMCYA. Tapos sabi ng teacher niya around 50k daw ang kailangan na budget? Baka po may suggestion kayo kung ano kunin namin? Budget namin sana is not more than 50k. Sabi Cubao daw ang shop nila? Tama po ba?

Offline deathbyexposure

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »
dude, his shop is located at Sta. Teresita Village, Marikina.. Before Roosevelt college.. that is along J.P. Rizal Street.. :) very nice service and his guitars are truly awesome! one of the best bangs for your bucks! :)
How can you tell a person whether the band he or she listens to is RIGHT or WRONG?

Offline Pianista

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:05:43 PM »
Yung teacher ng brother ko ito and recommended na classical guitar. May sasalihan kasing competetion bro ko. I think its NAMCYA. Tapos sabi ng teacher niya around 50k daw ang kailangan na budget? Baka po may suggestion kayo kung ano kunin namin? Budget namin sana is not more than 50k. Sabi Cubao daw ang shop nila? Tama po ba?

try getting those adolfo concert guitars. if your on a budget. range around 30-40k good enough guitars. spruce tops german rose wood back and sides.

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »
i asked mr.derecho once if he can customize me a grand concert or a triple o.  unfortunately his expertise is building classical guitars.  would anyone know if mr. adolfo entertain such inquiries?  id be very happy if i can find someone who can customize me a slot head OOO model
Pulling Teeth!

Offline Guitar Girl

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 03:18:50 PM »
dude, his shop is located at Sta. Teresita Village, Marikina.. Before Roosevelt college.. that is along J.P. Rizal Street.. :) very nice service and his guitars are truly awesome! one of the best bangs for your bucks! :)

I totally agree. I own a Derecho Guitar made from Cherry Wood from several years back and it's still the best guitar I have ever owned. He makes it with his own hands so he only has a few guitars at one time. When I bought mine, he only had 3 guitars in his shop. His name does not show up much in magazines and online but when you talk to guitar majors in conservatories they will tell you that he's the best. I'm thinking about getting his Rosewood guitar. Could anyone message me his full address and updated contact numbers please? I don't have it anymore since I got my guitar ages ago... Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:55:02 PM by Guitar Girl »

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »
No pictures?
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 11:24:51 AM »
Does anyone know if :

1) he does restoration work for old classical guitars?
2) his updated mobile / contact details?

Thanks!
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Online kilgore

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 03:54:30 PM »
Reviving this thread...

Would anyone know if he is still active, and the exact location and/or other means to contact?

Thanks.