hulika

Author Topic: DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY  (Read 7629 times)

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:15:53 PM »
Wala pa atang ganitong thread dito so let me start this one.

Post your cameras, lenses, pictures and other stuffs! Share your experiences, opinions and advices to aspiring photographers (like me!)!

Let me start with mine, I use a Canon 60D with 18:200mm (f3.5-5.6) lens. Still a newbie though, 2 weeks pa lang sa akin eh. Haha!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:13:47 AM by Riff_6603 »
RN. MD. General Surgeon. Bassist. Audiophile.
2 Elegee Custom 5-string Bass. 1979 Ibanez Musician Bass. Mono Vertigo.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 12:56:57 AM »
Check this out.  You may actually learn something from, er, everyone who has held a camera...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ten-to-Midnight-X2M/107377967504#!/pages/HINDI-PORKET-MAY-DSLR-KA-PHOTOGRAPHER-KA-NA/254555372454
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 01:22:41 AM »
hindi ba parang double post? kase may different forum na about photography?

pero sagutin ko na rin.
Sa digital Canon 7D, 24-70mm 2.8L, and 50mm 1.8 II
Sa film Canon EOS 88, Nikon FM10 at Argus C3 range finder

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 09:00:55 AM »

Add to that the Lomo thread although the forum in question is about digital photography, isn't it? decisions, decisions...

I myself have a Nikon F2 with my beloved 24mm f1.8 wide angle - one of the best lenses I've had the pleasure to use - plus my dad's vintage Canonflex RM with a pretty good 135mm tele. I also have a TLR though I can't recall if it's a Rolleiflex or Yashica... likely the latter.

I personally find film photography, esp. b/w, more challenging and I hope to achieve someday what Ansel Adams did with ease. I'm not so fond of digital manipulations a la PS and I think it's cheating when the real skill is capturing the image as is and on the spot. To be honest, though, the real manipulation is done in the darkroom, and that is fast becoming a lost art. I did my time developing b/w film at home back in the 80's and exposing loads upon loads of b/w paper, but sadly, we lost our enlargers and other gear because of Ondoy.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:29:10 AM »
@ KitC:  I conduct a seminar wherein I urge people to generally "get back to the basics" in Graphic Design.  In the photography section of my module, a lot of new "digital photographers" actually depend more on post-prod Photoshop editing than actually getting the shot right the first time.  I've directed a few photoshoots over the years, and I don't really trust a "photographer" who says "we'll <fix> it later on with Photoshop,"  the context of which was lighting and composition.

Also, when presented with a series/set of shots at random and asked which one was done by a "pro" photographer in a studio/lighted setup with pro gear, and one done impromptu with a point-and-shoot prosumer with a makeshift lighting, they really couldn't identify the difference.

New Manila Sound

Offline freedom04

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »
@ KitC:  I conduct a seminar wherein I urge people to generally "get back to the basics" in Graphic Design.  In the photography section of my module, a lot of new "digital photographers" actually depend more on post-prod Photoshop editing than actually getting the shot right the first time.  I've directed a few photoshoots over the years, and I don't really trust a "photographer" who says "we'll <fix> it later on with Photoshop,"  the context of which was lighting and composition.

Also, when presented with a series/set of shots at random and asked which one was done by a "pro" photographer in a studio/lighted setup with pro gear, and one done impromptu with a point-and-shoot prosumer with a makeshift lighting, they really couldn't identify the difference.

Ui sir matanglawin, pwede ba akong sumali sa seminar mo? And kelan? :)

Add to that the Lomo thread although the forum in question is about digital photography, isn't it? decisions, decisions...

I myself have a Nikon F2 with my beloved 24mm f1.8 wide angle - one of the best lenses I've had the pleasure to use - plus my dad's vintage Canonflex RM with a pretty good 135mm tele. I also have a TLR though I can't recall if it's a Rolleiflex or Yashica... likely the latter.

I personally find film photography, esp. b/w, more challenging and I hope to achieve someday what Ansel Adams did with ease. I'm not so fond of digital manipulations a la PS and I think it's cheating when the real skill is capturing the image as is and on the spot. To be honest, though, the real manipulation is done in the darkroom, and that is fast becoming a lost art. I did my time developing b/w film at home back in the 80's and exposing loads upon loads of b/w paper, but sadly, we lost our enlargers and other gear because of Ondoy.

Ano po ba yung TLR? Sorry po, baguhan lang po ako sa mundo ng photography.
RN. MD. General Surgeon. Bassist. Audiophile.
2 Elegee Custom 5-string Bass. 1979 Ibanez Musician Bass. Mono Vertigo.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 05:13:52 PM »
Ui sir matanglawin, pwede ba akong sumali sa seminar mo? And kelan? :)

Check out Graphic Expo this coming June.

http://fmi.com.ph/?page=events&eid=31

Ano po ba yung TLR? Sorry po, baguhan lang po ako sa mundo ng photography.

Twin-Lens Reflex, hence, SLR means SIngle-Lens Reflex.  Much of the older, box-type cameras are TLRs.

New Manila Sound

Offline toinkking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 09:55:12 PM »

ako share din ako dito sa thread na to
in digital D80 and D40x
in FIlm nikon F55

CHEERS!!!  :-D :-D :-D

Offline damiel

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »
here's mine:

Canon 450D, 600D, 50D, 70-200 f4L, 24-105 f4L, 50mm f1.8, Sigma 12-24 f4.5-5.6, 18-55 IS II, 17-40 f4L, soon: 7D or 5D Mark II
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.

Offline dj_flip03

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 07:55:58 PM »
I think we gotta change this thread to DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY para hindi mag clash dun sa ginawa kong thread.   :mrgreen:
Need a job?

My company is in need of Customer Service Associates (Eastwood City).   Offering competitive salary packages.  TXT or Call 0927-4918033

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 10:36:21 PM »

How about a photography subsection?

New Manila Sound

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 12:19:50 AM »
I have

Minolta SRT-201
Minolta XG-1

Vivitar Auto Thrysistor 2800

2 Normal Lenses
1 Wide lens
1 Telephoto/Macro

Still a beginner though.

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
Re: DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »

I think we gotta change this thread to DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY para hindi mag clash dun sa ginawa kong thread.   :mrgreen:

request granted. :wink:

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 03:30:47 AM »
Ang bagong necklace ng Pilipinas -- dSLR.  :lol:
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline damiel

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 06:03:26 AM »
Ang bagong necklace ng Pilipinas -- dSLR.  :lol:

haha, lalo na sa baguio, magbibilang ka within one hour mahigit 30 ang mabibilang mo, haha

Offline jem_adriano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 09:28:43 AM »
haha, lalo na sa baguio, magbibilang ka within one hour mahigit 30 ang mabibilang mo, haha

pwede na nga sideline ang basic dslr photography lessons ehh....para naman may silbi yung dslr nila hehehe

oops!! idea.. hehe

i have a small independent business for shooting occasions.... debut,weddings actually...2 man team kami

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »

Wag ka na magtaka bro. alam naman nating lahat na talagang pinupuntahan ng mga turista ang baguio. tsaka karaniwan ng namamasyal dun e medjo may "Pera". syempre magbabakasyon ka malamang lang na mag dadala ka ng camera. OK na ba para sayo yung CP mo pang picture picture?? syempre hindi. dadalin mo yung pinaka magandang camera mo diba?  :wink:

www.ProjectSmithereen.lens.ph
500px.com/projectsmithereen Canon EOS 1000D | Canon a3100 IS

Offline damiel

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
Wag ka na magtaka bro. alam naman nating lahat na talagang pinupuntahan ng mga turista ang baguio. tsaka karaniwan ng namamasyal dun e medjo may "Pera". syempre magbabakasyon ka malamang lang na mag dadala ka ng camera. OK na ba para sayo yung CP mo pang picture picture?? syempre hindi. dadalin mo yung pinaka magandang camera mo diba?  :wink:

syempre naman gusto nating lahat ang pinakamagandang kuha sa ating bakasyon.
pwede na nga sideline ang basic dslr photography lessons ehh....para naman may silbi yung dslr nila hehehe

oops!! idea.. hehe

i have a small independent business for shooting occasions.... debut,weddings actually...2 man team kami

parehas tayo, may maliit lang kaming business para sa Weddings, 6 Kami pag Full Force, dalawa lang kami pag weddongs lang na simple. hehe, and a photobooth business too.

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 06:46:10 PM »
syempre naman gusto nating lahat ang pinakamagandang kuha sa ating bakasyon.

Naman!!  :-D Pero hindi talaga mawawala yung mga ginagawang necklace yung mga DSLR nila.. ahahaha (pero wala akong pakialam dun, pera naman nila pinambili dun e.)  :-P

Offline jem_adriano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

marami naman talaga photo worthy sites sa baguio ehh, fit talaga mag dslr especially during panagbenga season

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »
 :lol:
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline damiel

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »
 :-D, may gusto bang bumili ng 450D sa inyo? PM me na lang, hehe.

anong magandang prime?  :roll:

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 08:10:13 AM »
:-D, may gusto bang bumili ng 450D sa inyo? PM me na lang, hehe.

anong magandang prime?  :roll:

Wala pa ako nito pero sabi nila at base narin sa mga reviews na nababasa ko. 50mm 1.8 daw malupets.   :-D

Offline damiel

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 07:23:30 AM »
Wala pa ako nito pero sabi nila at base narin sa mga reviews na nababasa ko. 50mm 1.8 daw malupets.   :-D

oo sir, magandang prime yang 50mm 1.8, at mura lang sya, 4-5K ata yan, pati yung 24mm ng canon,

Offline toinkking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 09:35:04 AM »
oo sir, magandang prime yang 50mm 1.8, at mura lang sya, 4-5K ata yan, pati yung 24mm ng canon,

gUYS ASK KO lng kung what tingin nyo na much more good lens when it comes to sharpness and wide range? and good in low light
Nikkor18-70 f3.5:4.5  
Nikkor 50m f1.8 or ung F1.4D
Nikkor 35mm 1:2.8

im planning to buy one any suggestion or experience with this kind of lens???
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:36:36 AM by toinkking »