hulika

Author Topic: Gibson or elegee Lespaul custom?  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Gibson or elegee Lespaul custom?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 06:36:34 PM »
If your buying decision is based on whether you will resell it, then why spend so much? You will definitely loose some money because you won't be able to sell the Gibson USA LP at the price you bought it (Unless you have the skills of a used car salesman)

How much will you spend "extra" for that Gibson USA? Airfare? Taxes? "Thank you tip"?

If you are at a point where you can determine your tone and playability on woods, frets, neck type, electronics, then a custom LP might be the way to go.

If you are going are going to just get tired of the guitar and resell it afterwards, then there is no question to ask.

Each person here will give different opinions (and personal biases) on what option they will choose when something like this presents itself. I envy you that you can have this choice.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 08:23:29 PM »
Research on woods. If you can provide all the wood and hardware that you want, and you want one because you want to have something that you can call your own thus never going to sell it even when push comes to shove, then go elegee
But, If you happen to be doing this because you just want to play around or not that intimate with your guitar and will sell it in the end, then Gibson is the way to go. IMHO

Local builders may seem inferior to other players' opinion but still, how can they go beyond their limits if no one will trust them eh? If I had the budget I'd go for a custom 9 string Matt Pike SG from a local builder and see how things go.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 08:41:55 PM by walanakamingyelo »
Heart, Mind, Hands

Offline J-ROCK80s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
go for the Gibby bro lalu na kung nagmamadali ka =)
Ref:Toybitz,Poundcake, Moncseb, xelly, radicalzz, incubus32, Bossingboss, NTM, glassisblack, stelicore, milzer, manilacoke, bumbum, jah_blues, chis005, fretzburner, siopao69, rockarolla