hulika

Author Topic: Fave Male/Female singers/vocalist in a band  (Read 11047 times)

Offline Scribing C-Ment

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Fave Male/Female singers/vocalist in a band
« on: April 11, 2002, 08:51:16 AM »
???

Offline hornyblonde40

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2002, 11:01:56 AM »
Hands down to Matt Bellamy of the UK band MUSE. My hero.

hey, who is that guy, scribing c men?
I like stories.

Offline flossman

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2002, 04:26:30 PM »
Billy Corgan, Glen Phillips, Shirley Manson, PJ Harvey, Layne Staley, Eddie Vedder, Andy Partridge, Robert Smith, Maynard James Keenan.

Is that Jeff Ament?
...and all that could have been

Offline Scribing C-Ment

• Philmusicus Noobitus
yeah!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2002, 02:17:45 AM »
Yep that's Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam:D i saw it while surfing the net yesterday and I thought that i just have to put it up...the flower on his ear made me smile for a sec...quite odd to see him like that...:)

Offline Scribing C-Ment

• Philmusicus Noobitus
oops..almost forgot my faves...
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2002, 03:06:27 AM »
my faves are almost the same as you guys... well flossman's list....

Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell,Layne Staley,Anthony Keidis,Roger Waters,Thom Yorke, David Usher(Moist), Neil Young

Tori Amos,Patti Smith,Janis Joplin,PJ Harvey,Gwen Stefani
Emm Gryner

and a bunch more....

Offline flossman

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2002, 05:39:15 PM »
i thought so. jeff ament's an important member of pearl jam; some of the great songs i heard like "jeremy" and "nothingman" were accomplished due to eddie vedder's collaboration with him. however, in my opinion,  "oceans" is the best pearl jam song i've ever heard.
...and all that could have been

Offline xaja

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2002, 08:47:40 PM »
Brian Molko!!!:D

Offline Knightmare_Soul

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2002, 08:31:28 AM »
Robert Plant-Led Zep
James Hetfield-Old Metallica
Chuck Billy-Testament
Benedict Verzosa-Backdraft r.i.p (oh yeah!!! :D)
I....cannot be taken unto
All that I have cannot be taken...

Offline druid

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2002, 10:00:19 AM »
jeff ament is one hot babe! you should see him play oceans and jeremy and given to fly--man oh man! :D

anyway, heres my list:

eddie vedder
tori amos
jonny lang
jeff buckley
layne staley

hmmm.... let me think :rolleyes:

oh and i nearly forgot! kevin roy! haha :D
yo ho ho and a bottle rum!

Offline Shadow Flag

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Shadow Flag = Scribing C-Ment (yeah same person...)
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2002, 12:20:37 PM »
Yeah I have to agree to Oceans and GTF...Nothing As It Seems is another great piece from Jeff I must say - gotta love that Pink Floyd influence and of course Mike really rocks on it too... :)

Anyway I'm glad to see this thread is alive and kickin' again :)

I forgot Ely Buenda on my list...you know he doesn't exactly have the greatest voice but I can't help but love it. Oh man...nakalimutan ko si Jeff Buckley..well as I've said before I could go on and on...:D

Offline druid

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2002, 01:35:35 PM »
hey shadow flag, from your handles i'd bet youre a pearl jam fan. not that i blame you. pearl jam's great! i don't care what others say! :D

yea, mike mcready's great too--especially in given to fly.  mike was great in mad season too with AIC's layne. it sucks that he's dead.

and i like stone's riffs in--damn i forgot the song!!--its in yield... hmmm... In Hiding!

there ya go!

Offline Shadow Flag

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2002, 02:23:43 PM »
LOL! right on the target DRUID ;) ...glad to see that there are people here that are agreeing with me..hehehe...especially with PJ...I don't meet a lot of people that have the respect for them...in fact it's really rare...(there are actually few here, if you noticed already)
Of course I am...just look at my avatar and my post name...so obvious isn't it? Yield is a beautiful album I must say...one of my faves.

Offline druid

Yo shadow flag
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2002, 06:28:11 PM »
yup! yield is great alright. appreciated it more when i got the single video theory vcd. although of course, ten seems pretty hard to beat!:)

Offline KeL

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2002, 06:49:57 PM »
Hey Guys Im kind of new here. I don't know how this goes but I've always been a pearl jam fam. For me it has has always been a toss-up between Ten and Vs as the best Pearl Jam album. I thought Yield was really good... pretty much underrated. I bought one of their live CD's that are out now. I got their Seattle Gig, and I must say that I really love their cover of Crown of Thorns. Matt Cameron drummed for them but I must say Dave Abruzzeze (was that the right spelling?) in my opinion was the perfect fit for them. :)
Peace and Love

Offline MIG

• Forum Fanatic
ok
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2002, 07:19:09 PM »
Tracey Thorn of " Everything But The Girl" damn just love them..
Mercy Air N401MA
bell 407

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2002, 01:17:17 AM »
Sting, when he was with the Police circa 1978-1983. He was just the best singer for the gig. "Roxanne", "So Lonely", and "Walking On the Moon" still send chills up my spine.

Offline Shadow Flag

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2002, 01:29:26 AM »
hey druid they got a new dvd/vhs out from their tour in 2000..don't know if they released it sa Pinas yet...but go check it out...great live footages from U.S. tour and and especially Europe :)

kel, yeah Seattle 1 boot is great..love the version of COT.
Matt Cam drums for the band now, after Jack left in '98 (as he did in their last album and their 2k tour) Btw new album next year, a tour and a collection of b-sides later this year.

Okay now people back to the original topic..don't think the mods will like this one bit...LOL.....:D

yeah Tracy Thorn and Robert Plant ! gotta love Sting too..love that song Roxanne :)

Offline KeL

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2002, 03:59:26 AM »
Oh here's my list of favorite vocalists:

Male
1. Maynard of Apc/Tool
2. Mike Paton of Faith no More/Mr. Bungle
3. Brandon  Boyd of Incubus
4. The Singer of 311 (forgot his name)
5. Chris Cornel of Soundgarden
6. Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam
7. Layne Staley of Alice in Chains
8. Adam Duritz of the Counting Crows
9. Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon

Female
1. Erykah Badu
2. Sade
3. Lauren Hill
4. Sarah McLachlan
5. Gwen Stefani

Those are the names that hit me... I bet I forgot a lot of singers...
:)
Peace and Love

Offline druid

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2002, 09:48:56 AM »
oh man! how can i forget sting???!!!!! yup,yup,yup, these lists man, all they do is make sure you forget someone, and you end up feeling guilty! aarrrgghhh!

anyway...shadow flag, havent gotten hold of their tour videos yet. oh no! another entry to my list of things to buy.... hmmm, maybe we should start a pearl jam thread....

kel, yep, yield was pretty much ignored but i think they had a lot of great songs there. i think jack irons was one great drummer for PJ... matt cameron is all brawn and no... beat? hehe

Offline Shadow Flag

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2002, 12:42:25 PM »
Do they have 2 vocals for 311 or what ? i never really got into them that much anyway...but i think his name Nick Hexum or is it the other dude Doug Martinez. Oh well whatever his name is, he  sure got a good voice :) very distinct and different from everything else today ...I'm really getting tired of the yelling and those piercing voice that makes you wanna tear your ears apart...lol!

I prefer Matt Cam...he got a different style from Dave and Jack and all the other drummers (though gotta credit Jack for No Code another really underated album - my fave). He was great in TOTD and his side project Wellwater Conspiracy and who could forget Soundgarden. Matt plays the drum so naturally...he's just incredible live :D

Offline KeL

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2002, 03:29:37 PM »
YEah about 311... the funny thing is that I didn't like them before precicely because of their vocals. (Shadow Flag, I think those are their names) Well, now... their one of my favorite bands. The new album is just terrific and I just bought transistor...which as of now I think is their best album.

Oh Im sticking by Dave as my favorite pearl jam drummer. Sorry guys... Cameron is also really really good but I think dave's style fits the band more. Don't get me wrong cause I really love Matt Cameron. Well... Looking forward to the new album.
Peace and Love

Offline Shadow Flag

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2002, 02:02:41 AM »
kel,  you should check out his new band called 'Green Romance Orchestra'. Very interesting ...no bass player , just a Chapman Stick player. I think it's similar to a guitar, it is an electric
instrument, except there are 10 strings- that's what I've heard.

Offline x_kolehiyala

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 08:19:06 PM »
personal faves:

ely buendia, brandon boyd, billy corgan, gwen stefani, dave grohl, shirley manson, alanis morissette, tori amos, SADE and that girl from morcheeba.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Bangs, Almost Famous

Offline baby_poly

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2005, 12:07:53 AM »
I love the voices of Chris Cornell of Adioslave/Soundgarden, Sebastian Bach of Skidrow, James Hetfield of Metallica, Anthony Keidis of Red Hot, Zach dela Rocha of RATM, and our very own Basti Artadi of Wolfgang.

Pahabol: Rochelle of Sex bombs :D
I'm living on the edge of a broken dream.

Offline disturbed

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2005, 11:02:31 AM »
here's my list..
aaron lewis!! so astig! voice so cool that you can feel his angst through his songs
cynthia alexander
brandon boyd- i really love this guy    :wink:
chris martin
kurt cobain
gwen stefani
alanis morissette
sheryl crow
shirley manson
oops.. i forgot david draiman of disturbed!!

and that's all for now..
got lots of 'em.. :D