hulika

Author Topic: OFFICIAL KJWAN THREAD!!!  (Read 28141 times)

Offline jorelpogi

Re: OFFICIAL KJWAN THREAD! :)
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2007, 11:29:55 PM »
Whats up everyone! Please help us spread the word to our friends to get themselves in The 2007 Kjwan SEAT (South East Asian Tour! HAHA) which continues this Sept 30 with the Hush! Rock festival in Macao and culminates with Hong Kong's most awesome showcase of local talent: Hong Kong Live! Were really trying to pack these venues and spread the word so please help us out! Tell your friends! Classmates! Lovers! to all congregate on these dates and experience the first ever Asean IKON Champion LIVE!!!

September 30
Macao Cultural Center Square - HUSH! Rock Festival
+853 2870 0699
http://www.ccm.gov.mo/HUSH/

October 4
The Wanch
54 Jaffe Rd. wan Chai
+852 2861 1621

October 6
Fringe Club - HK Live!
2 Lower Albert Rd. Central HK
+852 2521 7251
http://hk-live.com

for more details please visit our website at http://kjwan.net PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS IN THE AREA TO DROP BY AND CHECK THE SHOWS OUT!!! IT WOULD BE AWESOME TO SEE YOU GUYS THERE!!!

Other upcoming gigs include

Sept 22: BG's Cafe, Makati
Sept 28: Eastwood City

Thanks to everyone in Davao, Kuala Lumpur, Dumaguete, Singapore, Putrajaya and Cebu for making our shows really fun from the Baybeats festival, IKON Finals to the Muziklaban Showcase! It was awesome to see you all there! And of course fun to play in front of new people all the time! Hope to get back soon so we can all hang out! Thanks again! Pictures uploaded in my Multiply soon!

Jorellifico!

Offline jorelpogi

« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2007, 03:09:31 AM »
whatssupers

Offline Seej

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2007, 03:16:56 AM »
whatssupers

Walang magawa sa gabi. Hahaha.
Even a broken clock is right, twice a day

Offline jorelpogi

« Reply #153 on: November 08, 2007, 03:02:22 PM »
Whats up everybody!

Kjwan is officially nominated for 6 categories in the upcoming NU Rock Awards this Nov 30! Hopefully we win some of it!

Artist of the Year
Best Live Act
Album of the Year - 2StepMarv
Producer of the Year - Kjwan and Angee Rozul
Vocalist of the Year - Marc Abaya
Guitarist of the Year - Boogie Romero

Hooray! You can't vote na for this. Winning will be all up to the judges na lang whoever they are. Anyway were just happy to be nominated! Please pray for it!

Jor

Offline vinz

« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2007, 07:25:13 PM »
Whats up everybody!

Kjwan is officially nominated for 6 categories in the upcoming NU Rock Awards this Nov 30! Hopefully we win some of it!

Artist of the Year
Best Live Act

Hooray! You can't vote na for this. Winning will be all up to the judges na lang whoever they are. Anyway were just happy to be nominated! Please pray for it!

Jor

KUYA JOR Musta na? hehehe... :-D teka bakit wala ka sa BEST GUITARIST Category? :?

Offline jorelpogi

« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2007, 01:16:21 AM »
HAHAHA EWAN. baka hindi marami ang nag nominate! ok lang yan! ang impt manalo kahit isa o sino!

Offline vinz

« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2007, 01:10:20 PM »
HAHAHA EWAN. baka hindi marami ang nag nominate! ok lang yan! ang impt manalo kahit isa o sino!

hehehe oo nga tama ka jan... :-D

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »
Whats up everybody!

Artist of the Year
Best Live Act

Jor

Dati ba may voting pa na nangyayari?   :? :-o :lol: :-)
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline jorelpogi

« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »
walang voting yan bro! the "voting" part is where people nominate their favorites from the list of eligibles. and then the most number of votes will be the official nominees. from there ... its judging na

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2007, 07:50:54 PM »
walang voting yan bro! the "voting" part is where people nominate their favorites from the list of eligibles. and then the most number of votes will be the official nominees. from there ... its judging na

Ok.  :-)

Offline jorelpogi

« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »
hey everyone!

You guys are invited to the KJWAN christmas party tomorrow dec 27!!! in Porch Katipunan! 9pm! Porch Katipunan is in the kanto of santolan and katipunan!

Entrance is Free! Please help me make this announcement by posting it in your friends pages! blogs or whatever! Cmon now!!!

I know this is late notice! But tara! HAHA!

Jorel

Offline jorelpogi

Re: KJWAN CHRISTMAS PARTY DEC 27!!! MAMAYA NA!!! (topic renamed for today) :)
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2007, 04:59:40 AM »
Whats up everyone!

Come to the KJWAN CHRISTMAS PARTY later in PORCH BAR KATIPUNAN!!! Its gonna be the year ender gig for KJWAN before we take a month long break this January to reset our batteries and write new songs for the upcoming 3rd album!

Were very lucky to be graced with the performances of our friends!

NYKO MACA + PLAYGROUND (Philippine's finest SAMBATRONICA artist!)
KING ANTARES (Upcoming super rocking band!)
STONED CIGARS (RED HORSE MUZIKLABAN PARTICIPANT!) and
NIMBUS 9 (One of our most favorite Hiphop artist/Emcee's here in Manila!)

Were also giving away KJWAN POSTERS and a very limited number of the ONE LOOK DJ shirts tomorrow! AND IF KAYA BAKA MAKAPAGBIGAY RIN KAMI NG KJWAN DVD's CONTAINING THE VIDEOS AND FOOTAGE OF A LOT OF STUFF. SO COME COME COME AND TELL ALL YOUR PEEPS ABOUT THIS SUPERCOOLYEARENDER PARTY!!!

PORCH BAR is in the kanto of Katipunan and Santolan. Its the carwash, car talyer looking kind of place in the katipunan bound lane! ITS GONNA BE MAD FUN! SO COME!!!

Tell all your friends! I know its late notice! But its gonna be fun! How many times did i say fun? BASTA COME! See you then! 9PM TONIGHT DECEMBER 27 2007!!!

- JOREL

Offline jolo7ice

Re: OFFICIAL KJWAN THREAD!!!
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2008, 04:23:17 AM »
Hi Jorel, I love your DIME!

Hi up for a pantera fanatic!
Ibanez RGR321ex<br />Ibanez SA260fm<br />Ibanez JEM7v<br />Ibanez PGM 301

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »

Offline bloodyvai

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2008, 11:19:44 AM »
Hi Mr. Jor,

Just curious about the Guitar Amp that you used sa 2 step Marv album. Sansamp po ba ang ginamit niyo or nag straight amp distortion po ba kayo?

salamat  :-D
Ayt

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2008, 03:43:32 PM »
Ganda talaga ni Shai ay este, ng Shai pala.. :D

Kjwan rocks. :mrgreen:

Offline dextoi

« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »
galing nyo, bro!! :D
napanood namin kayo sa Butuan Muziklaban Semi-finals...
@jorelpogi... ikaw po ba yung naka yellow?
maraming salamat po...

-dexter (psykbox)
looking for Line6 M5... thanks...

http://cedlibnews.blogspot.com

Offline marko21

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2009, 09:04:06 PM »
Kudos to Jorel!

Nasa Berklee na sya!

Offline marko21

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2009, 09:23:26 PM »
Kudos to Jorel!

Nasa Berklee na sya!

Offline charlz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2009, 09:21:55 PM »
ser anu mga influences niu?? :-D
cel no.::0922-873-3712..0935-204-0080
successful transactions with:BAMF,Toybitz,neil_squadron,mondemonle,kenzu0911,
hardcore misery,Donard,diaboliche,ciswith,avatarsaint,soliloki,Elpugonero, jesper2g,luk3,sikheadzraf,p2ltronilogd,mrpentatonic,paparoni

Offline jorelpogi

« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2009, 06:30:57 AM »
Hi everyone!!!

As some of you know, I am currently in Boston studying at Berklee College of Music. For the past couple of weeks i have been working on getting a meeting with the International Programs office and Scholarships office to discuss the possibility of making Manila, our hometown and audition site for their World Scholarship Tour.

For those who don't know, Berklee has this program called the World Scholarship tour where they go to cities around the world and audition people who are intersted to study in the college. (isnt that cool at how the college actually goes out to audition people) The nearest audition site to Manila is Kuala Lumpur which is where i auditioned back in 2007.

Now of course running at the back of mind mind eversince was. "I wish they would come here to Manila because i know that they will be surprised at the amount of talent that the country and city has"

So anyway fast forward. I just spoke with the Director for International Programs and it seems feasible for now because turns out theyre prospecting for new audiition sites. Seems like i came in a good time. Perfect.

So this is where i need you guys to help me out.

One of the factors that they will probably decide on would be how much people are going to audition. So i need you guys to ask around for me who is interested to audition for the school. Do not think about the application process first. I just need to know a general number on how many people want to audition if there will be one in Manila.

There have been no details yet on how were going to go about this. But i have some time to spare so i want to know a general figure that i could give them when we meet again. I will be speaking with the director again tonight to get more information and get details on what i need to research in Manila. So for now all i need is the number of people who POSSIBLY want to audition.

For those who dont know. Berklee College of Music is an awesome forward thinking music school thats located in Boston. Its been my dream school since High School and im just fortunate enough to be able to come here even for a couple of sems. The school has people from all around the world (LITERALLY!) Zimbabwe, Korea, Mozambique, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Slovenia, UK, Hong Kong, China, Kenya, Japan, Australia basta you get the picture! It hosts people who have very dynamic musical backgrounds from traditional to DJ-ing to hiphop, breakbeats, jazz cats, drum and bass, christian, samba, rock, choral, novelty, merengue BASTA ANDAMI YOU NAME IT LAHAT YATA NG GENRE SA ITUNES MERON DITO!!! It has alumni na sobrang diverse who have won grammy's and who have very successful musical careers around the world. Some of these people are Quincy Jones and John Mayer.

If you want to learn music and make it relevant to your career and the current music scene. I believe this is the place to go to. Some people might say otherwise but thats their call. Im only talking to the people who wanna go and are interested kung ayaw mo eh di wag mo na tong basahin HAHA.

Going to this school is not the be all and end all of your career but it will surely help you and give you all the information you need to make great music and songs to inspire a generation!

SO HELP ME OUT AND LETS GIVE A WHOLE NEW GENERATION OF PEOPLE THE CHANGE AND OPPORTUNITY TO FURTHER THEIR CRAFT TO BREAK OUT OF THE MOLD! Please ask around for me and pass this onto your friends.

Leave a comment here to let me know if you know people who are interested. Let me know.

1. How Many
2. Gender
3. Age
4. Musical Background

so i have something to throw when i meet again with the director. Thanks people. PLEASE REPOST THIS IN YOUR BLOGS AND LINK BACK TO MY MULTIPLY OR LIVEJOURNAL. THIS WILL BE REALLY A LANDMARK OCCASION IF THIS PUSHES THROUGH! YEAHHHHHHH!!!

Let me leave you with something that really encouraged me this week from scripture.

“Companions as we are in this work with you, we beg you, please don’t squander one bit of this marvelous God has given us.”

2 Corinthians 6:1 MSG

ALL THE BEST PEOPLE! HOPE TO HEAR FROM Y'ALL SOON!!!

JOREL CORPUS
http://yahihu.com
jcayabyabcorpus@berklee.net
+1 617 8005370

Offline jorelpogi

« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2012, 05:18:30 PM »
wow its been a while! how is everybody!

Offline hiskoolstudes

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2012, 11:48:07 PM »