hulika

Author Topic: Just a suggestion guys: How about an overdrive and distortion pedal tone party?  (Read 43193 times)

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
sana me mag dala ng klon :-D

Offline BlackDiamond

• Philmusicus Addictus
Sana makapunta ako, dalhin ko ung MT-2 tri-gain sustainia ko.  :-D
This forumite is a different person:
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43394
I'm not him! HMMP!

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Kelan to? I'll bring my BB and My DIY BSIAB2.

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Here's a draft:

Roles
Player (1 or 2)
Judges (no limit)
Technician (at least 2)
Shootout sheriff

Equipment
Pedals (hidden from view of the players and from judges but not from the audience, technician, or sheriff)
A clean amp (preferably a Fender blackface type) and an overdriven amp (a Marshall type)
Pair of cables

Guidelines
Neither the judges nor the players will see which pedal is being tested at any given time. The technician will change-out pedals and amps, and make the necessary real-time adjustments. The sheriff will coordinate closely with the technician to ensure guidelines are followed. Sheriff will also announce when new pedals are being tested and at what settings. 
Pedals will be set at unity volume and eq but will be tested for 6 minutes at various OD settings and on 2 amps: first on clean amp, one minute each at 9 o clock, 12 o clock, and 3 o clock drive setting. Then the technician plugs into the overdriven amp and does the same round of adjustments.
For proper comparison, a player should try to play the same licks, riffs, chords for the same settings on each pedal being tested
Judges will do their scoring on a matrix sheet to be handed out.  The matrix will include pedals listed per row, and the various settings for both clean and OD amps as columns. Hence, in addition to an Average Score column, there will be 8 columns in the matrix.
The names of the actual pedals will be anonymous; the name key will be made and known only to the sheriff and technician who will sequence the pedals for testing accordingly.
A General Comments section will also allow judges to give their general impressions for each pedal.
Walang "bends"? I know someone who can really "bend". :-D

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
Walang "bends"? I know someone who can really "bend". :-D

Buwahahahaha....  :-D

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pede din manuod?

Is the Keeley DS-1 considered not so common? :-D

Nathan, meron ka nung real thing di ba? I wanna know how it compares to the jackbauer modded keeley ds-1.

Also wanna hear the MI Audio tube zone if anyone can bring one.
ala na keeley ds-1 ko. na kay toybitz na. i have a couple of other junky dirt boxes though. yun na lang ambag ko.

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Suggestion....

OUTPUT: Sound files :D
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline Gibson78

• Veteran Member
Hey I wanna go too! I can bring some pedals too! Kawayanstrat, Mahavishnu! Sabay tayo - sana nga lang walang masagasaan na gig night!

Cheers!

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
Buwahahahaha....  :-D

bend our senses to the point that we'll be playing clean, ventures music forever...  :-D
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hey I wanna go too! I can bring some pedals too! Kawayanstrat, Mahavishnu! Sabay tayo - sana nga lang walang masagasaan na gig night!

Cheers!

Sure thing bro! Sana wala kang gig para dami tayo,masaya. :-)

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
Sana nga may Klon!!! Tsaka Tube Driver. :-D

Kelan na nga po pala? The only uncommon drive pedal I can bring e yung Jekyll and Hyde ko e. Well, tsaka isang beat up na SD-2
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Sana nga may Klon!!! Tsaka Tube Driver. :-D

Kelan na nga po pala? The only uncommon drive pedal I can bring e yung Jekyll and Hyde ko e. Well, tsaka isang beat up na SD-2
KLON? Wow,that would be the day! Ang MAHAL nun masyado. siguro mga $500+ isa nun.

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
Wala lang po. Nami-miss ko si micomico e. :-D
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Wala lang po. Nami-miss ko si micomico e. :-D
Hahahahahaha! Onga no. :lol:

Offline Gibson78

• Veteran Member
KLON? Wow,that would be the day! Ang MAHAL nun masyado. siguro mga $500+ isa nun.

Hindi naman siguro... Meron sa ishibashi ngayon, mga 60,000 yen. Hehehe - scheming, scheming...  :-D I hope that the guy with the Tone czar Openhaus pedal can also make it - saw a thread about it before here in the forum. Meron din bang naka Landgraff dito? Labas na lahat ng mga babies nyo!  :evil:

I also hope to see some DIY's

Cheers!

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
Sir, record nyo ha?! hindi ako makakapunta eh.. :-( :-( :cry:
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hindi naman siguro... Meron sa ishibashi ngayon, mga 60,000 yen. Hehehe - scheming, scheming...  :-D I hope that the guy with the Tone czar Openhaus pedal can also make it - saw a thread about it before here in the forum. Meron din bang naka Landgraff dito? Labas na lahat ng mga babies nyo!  :evil:

I also hope to see some DIY's

Cheers!
23k parin yun bro @ .37 exchange rate. Add the customs and shipping pa. Tada! Lampas pa siguro $500 yun. :wink:

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
ako gusto ko marinig yung BSIAB ni christer!!!  :mrgreen:

that is if i have the time to go out from work. :|

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
How about discontinued pedals, i.e. Marshall Shredmaster?
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline pings15

• Philmusicus Addictus
sali dalhin ko un newly acquired kong DANELECTRO FAB OD! heheheh! oh yeah!

i just love those cheap stuff...
OH MAN! OH GOD!
Progressive Metal
 www.facebook.com/OMOGofficial   Album to be out soon!  ----- Peavey 5150 |  2x12 Cab with Celestion Speakers  | Micsis Custom 7 DiMarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire Pickups | Gruv Gear Fret Wraps | Dunlop Heavy Core Strings

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic

EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus

I'll bring my BSIAB. Pero DIY ko yun. :wink:

Offline Gibson78

• Veteran Member
23k parin yun bro @ .37 exchange rate. Add the customs and shipping pa. Tada! Lampas pa siguro $500 yun. :wink:

Hehe, what I meant was that - some pedals in ishibashi are overpriced kahit na used - the klon is one of those - kahit nga yung mga used na fulldrive nila masmahal pa sa bago. Ang huling tingin ko noon the klon sells around 350usd kung willing ka mag pa-waitlist at maghintay. If not there's always ebay. Pero sobrang patong din agad sa ebay kahit na starting bid pa lang. 400usd agad. Oh well...

Teka, kelan tayo mag sked para sa mga papa silip ko sa iyo na DIY? Inggit ako sa BSIAB2 mo eh.

Oo nga pala, sana may magdala din ng KOT and COT50!

Cheers!

Offline markflo

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2007, 01:02:34 AM »
Si ian may cot!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Sali aku !!!!

I'll be bringing modded pedals muna. Pwera lang if this is further away and maybe I can whip up something or two.

My Pokemons ;
Boston DS100
Boston HM100 (Bakero)
Boston OD100
Vshock SD100 (actually ke RonnieA to e)
Maybe a Zoom G2 or G1 na me kalikot :D. Hey nobody said nothing about analog or digital :D
Ibanez TS7
Modded Xtortion
My Recto Boss DS1.
Anton's Bakemono DS1
Boss MT2

I'm not sure lang if the 9 o clock 12 o clock thing is a good idea. After all, these are all different pokemons. Pero sige lang, I understand the spirit of wanting to be even across the board.

Wala bang lakas ng palakpak na kasama sa criterion ? :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633