hulika

Author Topic: Vegan activists want to replace terms like 'hold your horses' with meat-free alt  (Read 2667 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Swansea University researcher Dr. Shareena Hamzah has a beef with terms that don’t take into consideration “the rise of veganism.”

According to Hamzah, terms like “bringing home the bacon” or “your goose is cooked” desensitize people to “the demand for meat,” which she contributes to poor health and climate change in an essay published by theconversation.com.

“In today’s reality, meat is repeatedly the subject of much socially and politically charged discussion,” Hamzah wrote. “The increased awareness of vegan issues will filter through our consciousness to produce new modes of expression – after all, there’s more than one way to peel a potato.”

She suggests that metaphor to one that references “skinning a cat.” Hamzah also argues that there’s an inherent classism associated with carnivore diets, which could be broken down if our language evolves.

https://www.nydailynews.com/featured/ny-news-vegan-sayings-alternative-hold-your-horses-20181203-story.html

:lol:
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
sobrang onion-skinned naman nyan.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
vegans and their priorities hahahaha
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
vegans and their priorities hahahaha

nakarami sigurong 'shrooms pre.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
kaya na bobobo mga teens ng generation na to dahil sa mga ganito  :lol: