hulika

Author Topic: The PRS Thread...  (Read 492236 times)

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The PRS Thread...
« Reply #3025 on: August 25, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »
Problem with the Big Dippers, there's no aftermarket set. Either you buy a JM sig or wait for someone to part it out. The Jazzy Cats are supposedly the closest you can get to the Big Dippers from the aftermarket pickups. I've tried the Jazzy Cats on numerous occasions and it hits that woody mid-scooped tone really well. Instant JM thru a Blackface amp and 808.

Thanks, bro! Big help.  :)

Offline robinonibor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3026 on: August 27, 2018, 07:18:01 AM »
Problem with the Big Dippers, there's no aftermarket set. Either you buy a JM sig or wait for someone to part it out. The Jazzy Cats are supposedly the closest you can get to the Big Dippers from the aftermarket pickups. I've tried the Jazzy Cats on numerous occasions and it hits that woody mid-scooped tone really well. Instant JM thru a Blackface amp and 808.

don't forget na madaming fake big dippers online  <_<

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #3027 on: August 28, 2018, 10:05:42 AM »

sakliii hahaha both are good if you're looking for that JM Scoop hahaha
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3028 on: January 22, 2019, 10:08:58 PM »
Meron ng Paul's Guitar SE models. Pati Santana Gold Top Singlecut SE...which i'm really diggin pero wala naman akong pambili.  :-o
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline astro_cigarette

« Reply #3029 on: January 23, 2019, 10:11:31 AM »
I recently visited a Guitar center store in the US and had the chance to test out a few PRS SE models, this is probably just me, but I find the newer models to be of "lesser" quality than the older SE models. I have a 2011 SE custom 24, and that feels way better in terms of build quality. I find the the build quality of the newer ones to be a bit unpolished and lacking. Again, this is probably just me.

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3030 on: January 23, 2019, 05:49:15 PM »
I recently visited a Guitar center store in the US and had the chance to test out a few PRS SE models, this is probably just me, but I find the newer models to be of "lesser" quality than the older SE models. I have a 2011 SE custom 24, and that feels way better in terms of build quality. I find the the build quality of the newer ones to be a bit unpolished and lacking. Again, this is probably just me.

Maybe mga Made in Indonesia yung nasubukan mo? i think merong mga SE na gawa sa Indonesia...
But then again, yung SE ko ay MIK and i have an Epiphone na MII and mas ok yung yung MII na Epi for me in terms of build quality. But maybe...it's just me. haha

Saang Guitar Center ka nagpunta btw?

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3031 on: January 23, 2019, 11:30:46 PM »
Maybe mga Made in Indonesia yung nasubukan mo? i think merong mga SE na gawa sa Indonesia...
But then again, yung SE ko ay MIK and i have an Epiphone na MII and mas ok yung yung MII na Epi for me in terms of build quality. But maybe...it's just me. haha

AFAIK yung mga se standard is indonesia tapos yung se custom ang korea.
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline astro_cigarette

« Reply #3032 on: January 23, 2019, 11:49:59 PM »

ung natest ko is made in Korea, I remember testing a custom 24 na floyd at non floyd, ang nagustuhan ko siguro with these new versions is parang mas magaan sila. pero un nga, built wise, parang may kulang. o baka maarte lang talaga ako. hahaha

been to guitar center in Nashville.

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3033 on: January 24, 2019, 05:47:41 PM »
@astro_cigarette
pangarap ko makapunta sa Nashville. Must've been musicians heaven doon...

Nakakita ako sa used section ng Guitar Center sa Seattle ng PRS S2 Custom 24. Eh wala na akong time para ma test sya so sabi ko sa tatay ko sya na lang mag test. Just to feel the fit and finish nung gitara. Excellent condition naman so mukhang medyo bago pa.

Sabi ni erpats mas gusto pa daw nya ung feel ng SE kaysa S2. Di daw nya gusto yung neck profile ng S2.  :-o

Offline astro_cigarette

« Reply #3034 on: January 24, 2019, 11:06:43 PM »
@astro_cigarette
pangarap ko makapunta sa Nashville. Must've been musicians heaven doon...

Nakakita ako sa used section ng Guitar Center sa Seattle ng PRS S2 Custom 24. Eh wala na akong time para ma test sya so sabi ko sa tatay ko sya na lang mag test. Just to feel the fit and finish nung gitara. Excellent condition naman so mukhang medyo bago pa.

Sabi ni erpats mas gusto pa daw nya ung feel ng SE kaysa S2. Di daw nya gusto yung neck profile ng S2.  :-o

musicians heaven talaga sir, buhay na buhay ang music scene. every bar I've been into eh meron banda na tumutugtog, whenever you get the chance to go there, be sure to check out Broadway street, pila ang mga bars at siguradong you'll be treated with good music.

as far as guitar shops go, marami rin mapupuntahan (Sam Ash, Guitar Center), must visit is Carter's vintage guitars, sulit sa dami ng vintage guitars na meron dun. kinulang lang ako sa oras talaga to roam around kaya ang mga visit ko eh mabilisan lang.