hulika

Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions on GUITARS / AMPs / PEDALS and REVIEW  (Read 1248227 times)

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Frequently Asked Questions on GUITARS / AMPs / PEDALS and REVIEW
« Reply #7275 on: February 25, 2016, 03:28:14 PM »
Good alternatives are blackstar's id:core and peavey's rage258, both are very versatile practice amp. For an Mfx a second hand zoom ms50G will do

thanks for your suggestion!

fender mustang series or vox vt+ series

im actually considering idcore10 or 20 but will check that vt+ series. hindi ba reduntant kung bibili pko ng multieffects since those amps already have builtin? again, bedroom player lang, so not considering gigging these things.

noob question!  :wave:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:30:16 PM by hunk0429 »

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7276 on: February 25, 2016, 03:38:45 PM »
thanks for your suggestion!

im actually considering idcore10 or 20 but will check that vt+ series. hindi ba reduntant kung bibili pko ng multieffects since those amps already have builtin? again, bedroom player lang, so not considering gigging these things. 

noob question!  :wave:

If you can get away with it why not? If you can honestly tell yourself you don't need something to step on and will be contented with the sound you'll be getting in the next 24 hours upon accquiring those gear,then don't buy an extra fx unit.
"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7277 on: February 25, 2016, 04:27:20 PM »
If you can get away with it why not? If you can honestly tell yourself you don't need something to step on and will be contented with the sound you'll be getting in the next 24 hours upon accquiring those gear,then don't buy an extra fx unit.

i read somewhere that modelling amps are not pedal friendly. is this true? or just some amps?

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7278 on: February 25, 2016, 05:16:42 PM »
Well it's a balance of everything. Even botique amps and pedals will not blend nicely if used in the wrong way, there's always a sweet spot around those knobs even on the cheapest gear. But to answer your question id core and peavey's rage sits nicely with some fx in front. The not so friendly vibe that modelling amps gets sometimes is because of people disregarding the modelling nature of the amp in the first place, they try to blend a differently voiced pre amp with the amps modelled voicing,then the pedal settng itself,some pedals are meant to be on the fx loop yet people put it in front of the lead channel and expect it to sound clean. Too many factorrs to consider yet it will still boil down to what sound your aiming for,might as well try stuff first.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:25:14 PM by j.nikko3123 »

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7279 on: February 25, 2016, 05:23:25 PM »
Well it's a balance of everything. Even botique amps and pedals will not blend nicely if used in the wrong way, there's always a sweet spot around those knobs even on the cheapest gear.

thanks! appreciate it! :)

Online m1k3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7280 on: February 27, 2016, 11:25:34 AM »
is Jenardlyn Bags and Just In Case the same gigbag/hardcase builder? if not, which one is the better builder?

any help?

Offline Crisul

« Reply #7281 on: March 16, 2016, 09:46:30 AM »
Mga sirs sino maalam sa volume/expression pedals hehe.can i use any exp pedal with my boss ps6 or other pedals na pwede i assign? And kung may local dealer ba ng vol/exp pedal in 1 like rocktron hex? Thanks

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7283 on: March 16, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »
^wear diamonds when you play. It gets the attention, and its brilliant AF.

Offline MamiXHaruna

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7284 on: March 29, 2016, 07:55:19 AM »
Hello guys!  :)

Newbie here! Saan po kaya makakabili ng Entwistles pickup pati na rin Strat pickup guard dito sa manila? Hehe maraming salamat!

Offline sargento

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7285 on: March 29, 2016, 08:16:01 AM »
Hello guys!  :)

Newbie here! Saan po kaya makakabili ng Entwistles pickup pati na rin Strat pickup guard dito sa manila? Hehe maraming salamat!

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=178173.msg4677775#msg4677775

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7286 on: March 29, 2016, 10:34:53 AM »
Anyone here tried the EVH 5150 overdrive? how's it going so far?

Offline nitroaurora

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7287 on: April 06, 2016, 04:21:21 PM »
pwede ko bang gamitin yung 110v outlet ng computer AVR para sa mga amps na may 110v power inputs?
Successful transactions with: Ryan Peralta, MarkV, Geloboy25, Teleclem, Tristan, Dhe (Dwelo_Axeman from PGT), Nickson, Jhule77, Robinissad, Zyehj, Roei03, Anyrandomhole, J3tayag, Samishellacool

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7288 on: April 06, 2016, 06:06:08 PM »
pwede ko bang gamitin yung 110v outlet ng computer AVR para sa mga amps na may 110v power inputs?

yes. pwede naman.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline vigie rivera

« Reply #7289 on: April 15, 2016, 10:49:44 PM »
Question, is it possible to add an external tap tempo jack to my Nova repeater. I'm planning to buy a tam tempo switch to my other delay pedal and I was just wondering if I can have just one tap tempo for both of my delays. Thanks

Sent from my Lenovo A5000 using Tapatalk

HUMBOOGERS.

Offline thkh

« Reply #7290 on: April 16, 2016, 05:58:35 AM »
Question, is it possible to add an external tap tempo jack to my Nova repeater. I'm planning to buy a tam tempo switch to my other delay pedal and I was just wondering if I can have just one tap tempo for both of my delays. Thanks

I don't think that it's possible without doing any mods to the Repeater.

i lurve delay pedals

Offline vigie rivera

« Reply #7291 on: April 16, 2016, 08:27:32 AM »
I don't think that it's possible without doing any mods to the Repeater.
Thank you sir. Do you know anyone here that does that mod? I actually searched it and it's possible, it's just that I have no background what so ever with electronics.

HUMBOOGERS.

Offline nitroaurora

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7292 on: April 16, 2016, 12:36:34 PM »
yes. pwede naman.
ok sir thanks, as in good to use or may slight issues na mae-encounter?
Successful transactions with: Ryan Peralta, MarkV, Geloboy25, Teleclem, Tristan, Dhe (Dwelo_Axeman from PGT), Nickson, Jhule77, Robinissad, Zyehj, Roei03, Anyrandomhole, J3tayag, Samishellacool

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7293 on: April 18, 2016, 04:02:34 PM »
ok sir thanks, as in good to use or may slight issues na mae-encounter?

yes paps. okay naman.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7294 on: April 19, 2016, 01:50:23 AM »
Anyone here who store their guitars on a hanger off a wall?

For those who have been doing so for years on end, ok ba na idea to for set neck guitars? I read some stories on the net about some of the guitar's set neck joints coming apart or the paint / finish cracking on the joint, all blamed on the fact that the guitar is hung on a wall.

The reason I ask is because I no longer have space in my room for it, and with all of my wife's stuff in place, wala talaga mapaglagyan ng mga guitars ko. I want to be able to still see and fiddle with them once in a while, and a hanger looks like a good idea.

Any advice is appreciated.
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline thkh

« Reply #7295 on: April 19, 2016, 05:33:24 AM »
Thank you sir. Do you know anyone here that does that mod? I actually searched it and it's possible, it's just that I have no background what so ever with electronics.

Sorry, wala eh.
i lurve delay pedals

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7296 on: April 19, 2016, 09:59:33 AM »

check mo kay yahoo! ang alam ko nagmomod siya ng TC nova pedals to have a separate tap tempo switch.

Anyone here who store their guitars on a hanger off a wall?

For those who have been doing so for years on end, ok ba na idea to for set neck guitars? I read some stories on the net about some of the guitar's set neck joints coming apart or the paint / finish cracking on the joint, all blamed on the fact that the guitar is hung on a wall.

The reason I ask is because I no longer have space in my room for it, and with all of my wife's stuff in place, wala talaga mapaglagyan ng mga guitars ko. I want to be able to still see and fiddle with them once in a while, and a hanger looks like a good idea.

Any advice is appreciated.

okay lang I hang sa pader, wag mong isasandal sa guitar stand off the ground kasi the weight will be on the neck. yung off the wall hangers are okay. ingat lang sa temperature nung room dahil baka matunaw yung foam nung hanger overtime and ruin the finish of the neck.

okay ang hanging off the wall. kaya nga ganun sa mga guitar stores hahaha

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7297 on: April 20, 2016, 03:00:09 PM »
ayos lang guitar hanger pero mas stable kung pati body may support, like this

basta wag mo ilalagay sa pader na may moist at naiinitan ng araw, yun laging nababasa ng ulan o naaarawan sa kabilang side ng pader.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7298 on: April 21, 2016, 05:18:21 PM »
ok ba ang marshall valvestate 8010? anyone here had hands-on experience on this model? is it priced fairly at 3200php?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #7299 on: April 21, 2016, 05:49:10 PM »
ok ba ang marshall valvestate 8010? anyone here had hands-on experience on this model? is it priced fairly at 3200php?

parang MG10/MG15 lang din paps. its a practice amp. tingin ko sa 3200, mag stagg ka nalang. :)