hulika

Author Topic: NGD: Gretsch 5420T - Thanks to Turi, the Gas King himself  (Read 1610 times)

Offline itsallintheblues

• Veteran Member
NGD: Gretsch 5420T - Thanks to Turi, the Gas King himself
« on: November 07, 2014, 10:54:07 AM »
It's finally here! It was delivered to me last night, and when I opened it, I was just lost for words!

It's a G5420T in Aspen Green!

I saved up for this as a birthday/christmas gift to myself. I had no choice but to order this guitar online since JB Music still doesnt have this and have it shipped here by cargo. So I ordered this from the Gas king himself, Turi, and then viola!

It was a risk I was willing to take. I never buy guitar unseen and unplayed. But I just have to have faith that this guitar will be great! I was a little scared because all the G5120's I've tried were not really that great, I guess it's just the lesser quality guitars are shipped here. I'm not really sure.

So when I first held it, and played the first chord. I was in heavenly bliss. The setup is nice out of the box, maybe a little adjustments for the truss rod (I like my necks straight) and intonation, but its really okay.

The feel is also very nice. I thought the neck is a little slim, its not a problem as it is very comfortable. Coming from playing Telecasters, this is a welcome change. I play in church and I cant wait to use this!

Well, I guess that's it. It's my first Gretsch and hopefully, not the last! My dream guitar is still a White Falcon, but this is as close as I can get to it, and besides, having a Gretsch is still a great blessing!

and thanks to Turi for the help! the gas king is a really great guy, so if you guys want to have anything shipped, go with confidence!
You don't choose the guitar, it chooses you.

If at any point in time you cannot afford a particular guitar, don't play it. If it chooses you, you have to buy it.  If you simply can't beg, steal, or borrow, you will eventually die of a broken heart..

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: NGD: Gretsch 5420T - Thanks to Turi, the Gas King himself
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:19:17 PM »
nice guitar love the metallic shade, cant really tell if its also sparkled  very nice,

also this thread sounds like an advertisement for the gas king, lol  :lol:

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »

ang ganda naman  :cute:
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 01:10:45 PM »
Congretsch!

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:27:57 PM »
hmmmm
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline itsallintheblues

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »

nice guitar love the metallic shade, cant really tell if its also sparkled  very nice,

also this thread sounds like an advertisement for the gas king, lol  :lol:

I wish its sparkled. But its just a shiny Aspen Green color. Lol.

Nah, i just appreciate the gas king for all the effort. Hahah
You don't choose the guitar, it chooses you.

If at any point in time you cannot afford a particular guitar, don't play it. If it chooses you, you have to buy it.  If you simply can't beg, steal, or borrow, you will eventually die of a broken heart..

Offline voldemort

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 04:14:02 PM »

So when I first held it, and played the first chord. I was in heavenly bliss. The setup is nice out of the box, maybe a little adjustments for the truss rod (I like my necks straight) and intonation, but its really okay.

love at first strum :cry:
makalyo ang daliri