hulika

Author Topic: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!  (Read 1801575 times)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Grabe! Ang bilis ng shipment nung Aion PCBs! I ordered last Oct 7th and got it yesterday, Oct 15th! Honey bee OD here I come!

niceeeee! waiting for the final product! :D
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline jmwreck

• Forum Fanatic
Grabe! Ang bilis ng shipment nung Aion PCBs! I ordered last Oct 7th and got it yesterday, Oct 15th! Honey bee OD here I come!

bro, may mga boards din sa fuzz dog uk. :D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:16:46 PM by jmwreck »

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
bro, may mga boards din sa fuzz dog uk. :D

Just checked it out. Surprisingly mas mura dito! Hahaha! Next year na siguro dito I have some reserves pa this last quarter. Thanks bro!!! :-D

Offline dirk

Hmmm  can this be possibly moded and add attenuator function by adding switch and some components?

cab sim/DI at headphone lang sya, mas ok sana kung attenuator na din sya

mesa boogie cab clone

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
Looks like there might be some attenuation going on in there. See that huge high wattage resistor? I'm guessing that they are using that to bring the speaker level input down to line level for use with the cab sim circuit. Or, it could just be a dummy load. If someone traces that, it should be easier to find where to add an attenuation circuit.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 06:48:42 AM by ubersam »

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
where to buy?

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
latest build Lovepedal purple plexi

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Another weekend DIY: Honeybee OD

Offline dirk

Mga faps, may alam ba kayong nagrerewind ng tube amp power transformer from 110v to 220v around Cavite area? thanks..

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
where to buy?

those look like 3pin plugs for fan coolers in a PC rig. You can find that maybe from computer stores or tipidpc.com. Your best bet is to get a 3pin fan cooler extension and just trim the wires.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
latest build C.M. Plexitone

those look like 3pin plugs for fan coolers in a PC rig. You can find that maybe from computer stores or tipidpc.com. Your best bet is to get a 3pin fan cooler extension and just trim the wires.

Thanks Pao. Saw one at Farmer's in a camera shop. They sell each at a whopping 95 PHP. Bought a 3 pin connector at Alexan instead. :wave:

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
^^
Galing bro! Ang linis mo na pala gumawa

Offline gitaristadaw

Some pedals I finished last weekend:

More to come!

ang gaganda sir? may demos?

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
@pao2pao & gitaristadaw: Thanks! Demos soon \m/

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Peeps, a little help from the veterans:

Trying to build a Keeley Katana, and saw from the only schematic on the internet (the one hand-drawn on a yellow sheet of pad paper) that, judging by the JFETs, this is some sort of Fetzer valve design. However, I tested my 2N5458s and found out that instead of 680 ohms for the source resistors, 330 ohms should produce better results in theory, whether the transistors are run at 9 or 18 volts (the Katana of course has a built-in voltage doubler circuit).

Unless Keeley did choose 680 ohm source resistors intentionally, I get this nagging feeling that he doubled the value mistakenly because he intended to run the pedal at double the voltage, not knowing that the value only changes for the drain resistance as the input voltage increases. Am I onto something here, or did Keeley have a design different from the fetzer valve type circuit that required different value parts? Or maybe Keeley's JFETs measure an average rating for which 680 ohms is the average resistance useable? Thanks in advance for replies.

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
Or maybe Keeley's JFETs measure an average rating for which 680 ohms is the average resistance useable? Thanks in advance for replies.
If you look at JFET datasheets, you'll notice that the Vgs-off and the Idss ratings have wide ranges of min & max ratings. The Idss of the 2n5458 ranges from a minimun of 2mA up to 9mA, the Vgs-off ranges from 1V to 7V. Most likely his batch of JFETs just measure differently than your batch.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
last DIY for the year: Boss FA-1 FET preamp

pardon the name can't think of any at this time

Offline fretzburner

• Forum Fanatic
MS100BT switcher almost done

upload pictures

host image
Jacks for built-in cab sim as per customers request
"It's not just the game of notes,it's the sound inside your soul"

Offline fretzburner

• Forum Fanatic
Finally done

pictures upload
"It's not just the game of notes,it's the sound inside your soul"

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Merry Christmas guys! 

- Emil

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
last-est diy for this year... mahogany pedalboard... had this one cut by a local woodwork shop without breaking the bank :-D

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW DIYers!!! :-D

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
last-est diy for this year... mahogany pedalboard... had this one cut by a local woodwork shop without breaking the bank :-D

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW DIYers!!! :-D
Now, ang linis! Mind sharing the woodworking shop that built/cut these for you? :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline vittobrat

merry xmas mga bossings!!

may i ask for recommendations for Diy Clean Boost Pedal for guitars.

meron po bang gumagawa nang ganyang klaseng pedal...

pa-advise po sana.

salamat.
The fear of death.
Make the climb; without the rope.
Then fear will find you again.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Now, ang linis! Mind sharing the woodworking shop that built/cut these for you? :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks bro. The shop is called DDZ Machine Shop here in Pasig.. May woodworking shop sa loob nito. I got it real cheap:
26.5" x 2" x 3/4" = 50 php per piece x 6 pcs = 300 PHP
3 custom wood stands = 120 per piece x 3 pcs = 360 PHP
Making the custom slots for the wood handle = 50 PHP

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
merry xmas mga bossings!!

may i ask for recommendations for Diy Clean Boost Pedal for guitars.

meron po bang gumagawa nang ganyang klaseng pedal...

pa-advise po sana.

salamat.

http://www.muzique.com/schem/mosfet.htm

As per the developer himself, replacing the 100uf capacitor with a larger value (220uf and up) achieves a flatter boost (the original circuit rolls off some bass).

Deeco Cubao carries a 2N7000 which works perfectly for this circuit.