hulika

Author Topic: How Important is a Musician's Attire?  (Read 31217 times)

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: How Important is a Musician's Attire?
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »

playing is like going to work. you have to dress your best because people will be watching you.

pangit naman sabihin ng tao na "maganda sana tugtug kaso naka tsinelas lang, mukhang d professional"

just dress comfortable and presentable... siguro thats for me.

of course.... we cant take away the angas vibe dressing up for the ocassion d b?
This is a forum siggy.

Offline 4pedz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2008, 03:56:32 PM »

playing is like going to work. you have to dress your best because people will be watching you.

pangit naman sabihin ng tao na "maganda sana tugtug kaso naka tsinelas lang, mukhang d professional"

just dress comfortable and presentable... siguro thats for me.

of course.... we cant take away the angas vibe dressing up for the ocassion d b?

wala talga sa damit yan,

mas magaling naman ako sa professional e,
4pedz
FOR OFFERS AND BOOKINGS PLS TXT 0923 907 5876 sun/ 0927 848 8179 globe

Offline tagagapo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2008, 03:58:52 PM »
Medyo importante din kasi un attire nyo yun ung prang nag sasaad na kung anong type ng music nyo prang reggae ba :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:04:29 PM by tagagapo »
Uncle Sam kiss my ass!!!

Offline studiowan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »
not that important basta comfortable ka ok na yun unless na lang kung me dress code or kung show band ka kailangan talaga representable...music comes first bago ang iba pa man

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2008, 01:37:29 PM »

wala talga sa damit yan,

mas magaling naman ako sa professional e,

yep its not what you wear, pero syempre you have to look good naman on stage i.e. presentable.

This is a forum siggy.

Sabas_devera

« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2008, 01:31:00 PM »
Entertainers ang tingin na karamihan satin..

And we really are..

Pero iba ang pagiging entertainer sa pagiging musician..

We don't please people.. We please ourselves..

Nawala na ako.. :-) Para sa topic..

"Were not clowns na kelangan ng uniform and make ups para masabing clown siya.. diba?.."

Offline angeloesteban14

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2008, 07:46:31 PM »
clean look ka dapat :-D :-D

Offline James_Animagi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2008, 11:52:02 PM »
clean look ka dapat :-D :-D

agree ako d2 at basta ok ung tugtugan hindi ko na pinoproblema ung porma unless na sobrang OA nung porma

Offline TimeFragments

• Veteran Member
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2008, 11:32:47 AM »
sometimes..the look doesnt really matter..and majority of the time..musicians who really can play are sometimes the one who really doesnt look like he can play an instrument better than anyone else...they tend to really look like normal but hell when they hit the stage who can just drool and drop 1.5 liters of saliva just because they are too damn good playing their chosen war tools..haha..
I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down

Offline Helmet

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
Parang si Fieldy ng Korn, hiphop ang suot  :-D

Offline bianxraquel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2008, 02:15:48 AM »
it's very important for musicians to wear clothes. for in this day and age, how many of the bands (as in all of their members) have you seen playing onstage butt-naked?  :-D

nah kidding. i don't know. all boils down to perception. see, if it's a really heavy metal band, you'd expect them to have long hair, goatees, tats, body paint, masks, tattered jeans, tattered shirts, and everything else tattered... creates this "wtf do you guys care about we wear attitude?!"  'course, doesn't necessarily apply to all. but the common masses see these dudes as part of the metal music industry.

then there's the so-called, overrated 'emo' bands we see nowadays. tight jeans, tight shirts, multi - colored whatnots on top of their black whatelses. sidebangs, accessories, the works. we instantly associate them with 'islas-my-wrists, wailing, whining vocals and lyrics' just because they look like that. and then we label the genre as emo. no-no.

i could go on, and on. but then again, to answer the TS's question, i would say that in more ways than one, it can be important. at least, to those of us who doesn't know much about music. to us who can only mosh, sit amidst tables with beer bottles on 'em and chainsmoke our lungs off, and listen to the music that these musicians play, it's hard not to at least check out what 'em musikeros are wearing while playing. because that's what we instantly see. we can only watch, and gawk (frustrated musicians that we are)

and like what the others have said before me, it doesn't really matter what you wear, as long as you like what you're wearing, as long as you're comfortable in it. and you, (yes you) you're not there to impress them with your branded clothes or bling-blings or whatever you call it, in the first place. the primary reason why you're playing what you're playing is because you love what you do, and you're damn good at it.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2008, 07:57:17 AM »

you just need to look presentable on-stage, and not something to be laughed on.

:wink: :lol:
This is a forum siggy.

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2008, 09:56:43 AM »
Laughed AT.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2008, 07:42:45 AM »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline totoysargo

« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2008, 09:51:20 PM »
hinde importante..well para sakin ung attire is for self satisfaction..parang un ang gusto kong suotin pg gig..ako i prefer wearing white shirt pag gig! para nakikita sa dilim! lol! :evil:
www.myspace.com/lailamusikapilipinas

Itutuwid ko ang landas mo para sakin ka didirecho.! :D  successful transactions:biboymusic, numeroh_unoh, mavsweep, babuboy,, bimbo. metaljables, thirdverse86, kazer08,