hulika

Author Topic: YUNG MGA ARTISTA ANG BILIS MAGKA ALBUM, ARE THEY HELPING?  (Read 21768 times)

Offline moogerfooger

Re: YUNG MGA ARTISTA ANG BILIS MAGKA ALBUM, ARE THEY HELPING?
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2008, 12:55:46 AM »
malaki ang naitutulong nila sa industriya. DAPAT MONG MALAMAN ITO.

alalahanin mo na hindi lamang ang mga mismong kumakanta ang kumikita at nabibigyan ng kabuhayan  jan.

nariyan ang COMPOSER, ang nag-aareglo, ang mga sesyonista, ang mga recording engineers ang mga recording studio.

kung tayo ay musikero,,hayaan nating magkaroon ng mga ganitong proyekto dahil ito ay nAkatutulong sa mga kapwa musikero mo at sa lahat ng taong involve sa proseso ng paggawa ng album.

lahat ng mga taong iyan, yan ang bumubuhay sa industriya.

ang mga tao sa likod ng album na iyan, ilan jan ay mga batikang compositor at mga kilalang sound engineers. relax lang ser...malaki ang naitutulong ng project na ganyan sa kanila.

kung anu mang anyo ng musika ang nadidinig natin sa ngayon, subukan nating suportahan kung maari. magpasalamat tayo at kahit paano ay nagsusumikap ang musika natin na maka-survive.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."

"NEVER FROWN BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MIGHT BE FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR SMILE"

Offline pearlyjeanne

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2008, 02:23:00 AM »
tama... nalinis lang nman voice nila through tech..pag live wasak na boses..haha

poser..

loser..

wasakk

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »
if any of us thinks we're better, then let's work for it instead of making this thread longer. that is, if we're any better. take it as a challenge.

Offline moogerfooger

« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2008, 03:09:14 AM »
YUP. hayaan na lang natin sila. kung trip nila yon..sige lang

kung gusto e di pakinggan, kung ayaw eh di wag pakinggan. :roll:

tugtog lang ng tugtoggggg :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."

"NEVER FROWN BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MIGHT BE FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR SMILE"

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2008, 05:22:53 AM »
if any of us thinks we're better, then let's work for it instead of making this thread longer. that is, if we're any better. take it as a challenge.

+1000. put your money where your mouth is!

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2008, 05:23:13 AM »
hindi rin naman malaking effort pag usapan sila....as if they care kung pag usapan sila...mas matindi ang discrimination sa mga artist na hindi kayang magka album pero may orig na talent, so i guess it's ok to discrimante sa mga nakakalamang na masyado na mahihirap din ang target market...na dapat naman talagang punain...pano mo hindi papakinggan eh naririnig nga kahit saan eh... :-D....forum naman to oks lang magbigay ng kanya kanyang comment...malay nyo may isang artista na makabasa nito...or at least nagkaroon ng coincidence na ma check nila ang philmusic... :-D..they might feel guilty about it and change something a little..if they have that kind of sense...or if they can think this way by any chance.. :?..chill lang..this won't kill anybody.. :-)..

Stop using Jesus as an excuse for being a narrow-minded, bigoted a-hole.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »
in terms of income and projects, nakakatulong nga naman ang mga artista.  dahil sa mga projects, concerts and album sales nila, kumikita ang industriya at nabibigyan ng buhay ang mga tao sa loob nito.

pero dapat nating tandaan na hindi lamang pera ang nagpapaikot sa music industry.  IMO, they cause a much greater problem because real musical talent is neglected. 

sige madaling sabihin na huwag tayo salita ng salita kundi gumawa na lang tayo ng mga magagandang kanta and exert more effort to enter the music industry.  but the effort we exert is of no use if it is to be neglected anyway. 

hindi niyo rin ba nakikita ang irony sa sinasabi niyo?  the people who have real musical talent are the ones who have to exert more effort to enter and be recognized in the music industry?  eh diba dapat kabaligtaran ito?  diba dapat ang mas nag-eexert ng effort ay yung hindi masyadong musically-inclined?
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2008, 10:00:50 PM »
Welcome to the real world. The real world doesn't care if it's fair or not. that's why no matter what, just keep on doing your music and keep on going. If you're lucky, then you get what you want. If not, at least you're doing what you need to do, which is have music in your life.

Don't care about how others abuse the perceived system or structure - just work it as honestly and as good as you can. At least you know that you haven't done the same thing they have. lead by example.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2008, 08:46:17 AM »
Welcome to the real world. The real world doesn't care if it's fair or not. that's why no matter what, just keep on doing your music and keep on going. If you're lucky, then you get what you want. If not, at least you're doing what you need to do, which is have music in your life.

Don't care about how others abuse the perceived system or structure - just work it as honestly and as good as you can. At least you know that you haven't done the same thing they have. lead by example.

OT ka na eh.

i know what the real world is.  i just want to stay ON TOPIC.

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »
OT ka na eh.

i know what the real world is.  i just want to stay ON TOPIC.

Okay, staying on topic: lots of musicians in the music industry (not the bars, or what) do need the business that these people provide. From that point of view, yes, they do help. now, from an "artistic" point of view, it depends on where you're coming from. but, well, they have albums that sell. it's keeping the industry alive for the moment.

Maybe it won't help in terms of long term goals. but then, that's why people also step outside of the system, and go indie. and then play and play.

i respect views that consider some people who have albums as being not worth the time to be listened to. I have many, many album-makers in my mind who i won't listen to unless asked of me - some of them I would prefer not to even try. But I also figure that it's their thing, so let them. people will listen, or they won't. Rather than castigate them, why not do something like encourage appreciation of all sorts of music at the local school? or even just with your cousins, friends, or whatever - always play interesting music. advocate the music you like by playing it for others. that way, it becomes a battle for music education, rather than slinging bricks at people who really wouldn't care.

My apologies if I went OT, and if I sounded like i was talking down to people. mea culpa.

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2008, 11:10:05 PM »
we can just wake them up in a way...kesa naman pabayaan mo kahit sino nalang...we can keep the industry alive without trying so hard or pretending..I think these celebrities are aware that they will be criticized this way...or aren't they aware that they suck?..

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2008, 07:02:27 PM »
Okay, staying on topic: lots of musicians in the music industry (not the bars, or what) do need the business that these people provide. From that point of view, yes, they do help. now, from an "artistic" point of view, it depends on where you're coming from. but, well, they have albums that sell. it's keeping the industry alive for the moment.

Maybe it won't help in terms of long term goals. but then, that's why people also step outside of the system, and go indie. and then play and play.

i respect views that consider some people who have albums as being not worth the time to be listened to. I have many, many album-makers in my mind who i won't listen to unless asked of me - some of them I would prefer not to even try. But I also figure that it's their thing, so let them. people will listen, or they won't. Rather than castigate them, why not do something like encourage appreciation of all sorts of music at the local school? or even just with your cousins, friends, or whatever - always play interesting music. advocate the music you like by playing it for others. that way, it becomes a battle for music education, rather than slinging bricks at people who really wouldn't care.

My apologies if I went OT, and if I sounded like i was talking down to people. mea culpa.

they definitely wouldn't help on the long-term.  the fact that real musicians and artists go indie shows the negative effect that actors/actresses (hell, even TV show hosts like Boy Abunda) have on the music industry.  i don't think the music industry gives much recognition to those who go indie...kaya nga indie ang tawag sa kanila diba?

yeah we may choose not to listen to their albums and try to influence the people around us to listen to better quality music from the real artists.  the problem is, our influence can only extend so much.  they (mga artista) have the larger market, which is the masses.  as of now, it really seems bleak for the industry to rise up to the glory days back in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

apology not accepted.  simply because there is nothing to apologize for.   no pun taken. :-D

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2008, 09:26:37 PM »
they definitely wouldn't help on the long-term.  the fact that real musicians and artists go indie shows the negative effect that actors/actresses (hell, even TV show hosts like Boy Abunda) have on the music industry.  i don't think the music industry gives much recognition to those who go indie...kaya nga indie ang tawag sa kanila diba?

yeah we may choose not to listen to their albums and try to influence the people around us to listen to better quality music from the real artists.  the problem is, our influence can only extend so much.  they (mga artista) have the larger market, which is the masses.  as of now, it really seems bleak for the industry to rise up to the glory days back in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

apology not accepted.  simply because there is nothing to apologize for.   no pun taken. :-D

True on the scope of influence - but i'd rather have done something, than nothing at all. If there's anything i've learned from my own friends who put up tower of doom...it's that you never really know until you try.

Offline IncX

« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2008, 10:36:46 PM »

*sigh*

there's bound to be conflict when ppl want to mix the money making abilities of celebrities with art.

face it, art doesnt make money... especially when you are in a 3rd world country where entertainment isnt a priority.

want money and music?

get rich, then use that money to build your scene.

the mainstream is not about art - its about entertainment.

entertainment is not art... it is a formula.

Offline paperlungs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2008, 10:40:40 PM »
*sigh*

there's bound to be conflict when ppl want to mix the money making abilities of celebrities with art.

face it, art doesnt make money... especially when you are in a 3rd world country where entertainment isnt a priority.

want money and music?

get rich, then use that money to build your scene.

the mainstream is not about art - its about entertainment.

entertainment is not art... it is a formula.

very well said. :wink:

Offline AnalogKiD

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
Boxer nga dito satin nag kaka album ehh...
Shut up! We know you can play!

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2008, 05:51:53 PM »
si dennis trillo my album,gabby eigenman,piolo pascual,sam milby, si janno gibbs
masagwa kumata ng rock...nag collapse ako nung marinig kong my album si gretchen barreto..nakakatulong pa ba to sa industriya?... :-D..
wala bang nakakapag sabi sa mga taong to?  :-D

in all fairness, dennis trillo started as a rock musician...as mOYG's drummer. 

but no, he is not in any way fit to be a pop singer.  natatawa lang ako pag naririnig ko yung version niya ng "all out of love"...malamang may ghost singer yun.

Well ganyan talaga sa industriya, 'pag nandun ka na you can do anything, maglabas ka ng album kahit 'di ka naman talaga kumakanta. Si Edu Manzano nga may album e, biruin mo yun? hehe. Si Kris Aquino, Boy Abunda, at kung sinu-sino pa.

at least they don't sing on their "albums"...   :lol:

eh alam niyo ba na kahit si Victor Neri AKA "Notoryus" may album din? nung 90s pa ata yun. haha.

:-D

now that...is EPIC FAIL.  as far as i can remember, that album was a flop.

hinihintay ko nalang album ni GMA..what the hell is going on in our industry?  :cry:

at the rate things are going, that wouldn't be farfetched.   :lol:
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2008, 04:49:47 AM »
it's not a good formula anymore... :lol:

Offline KuyaKurt

• Veteran Member
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2008, 08:47:37 AM »
buti pa si Madam Auring...

may asiiiim...may asim pa...
The circle is now complete...
When I left you I was but a learner,
Now I am the MASTER.

Offline MetalUpYourJazz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »
Screwer, yung mga COMMERCIAL MODELS ba mabilis din magka-album?
I'M A BITTER MAN...

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2008, 05:26:58 AM »
Screwer, yung mga COMMERCIAL MODELS ba mabilis din magka-album?
hahahaha!!that's a private question...loko ka...let's wait and see... our future is too risky.. :lol:..

Offline MetalUpYourJazz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2009, 02:56:26 PM »
There's an article in Pulp Magazine's November Issue. Lourds De Veyra wrote it and it's funny and true. He discussed the albums/releases of Artistas and the likes.
I'M A BITTER MAN...

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2009, 01:13:01 AM »
in a way naghire sila ng mga musicians yung mga nagedit ng kanta nila and so on and so forth. naalala ko pala pati si troy montero ginawan din ng music album yun lang di nag materialize.

sad to say this is how the industry works ke showbiz ke music industry gusto nila kumita kaagad ng mga companies. this is the easiest way on how to market their music using face value, life is so unfair. kaya it's up to the indie bands to come up with a marketing formula on how to go around this problem.  real musicians and songwriters should have a voice in this issue they could always lobby a bill or create a union.
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline Tipanero

« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2009, 10:35:09 PM »
siguro ganyan na ngayun ang description nila ng radio friendly music...

hehehe..."Remember the GOLDEN RULE...  He who has the GOLD makes the RULE" :roll: