hulika

Author Topic: Anthony Dio aka. Drumster Appreciation Thread  (Read 5122 times)

Online Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
Anthony Dio aka. Drumster Appreciation Thread
« on: August 10, 2008, 07:24:25 PM »
To our brother Anthony Dio
otherwise known as Drumster here at Pinoydrums we dedicate this appreciation thread!

I personally thank you for your time and efforts bro Dio! :lol:

You are a valued asset to our local drumming community.

Post away guys!
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Anthony Dio aka. Drumster Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »
Very professional ang approach ni Mr. Dio sa drumming.
Sensible and no-nonsense.

And there were times na kinukulit ko siya sa PM's hindi pa rin nainis. hehehe. Matulungin sa kapwa drummer.

I believe it was Sir Jim ata who said that Anthony is a class act.

That, he truly is..

:-)

ANGAT!

Offline niNgpo

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 07:43:32 PM »
Si Kuya Anthony ang pinakaunang nakilala ko sa Pinoydrums at siya rin ang naghikayat sa akin dito! Maraming salamat Kuya ANthony!  dahil sa iyo andito ako ngayon sa Pinoydrums Family!!! :lol:

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 02:25:34 AM »
Naku... An appreciation thread for me??  But, why??  Hehe...

First of all, I think this is an opportunity for me to post my announcement.  I just PMed Admin Jim Ayson and co-Mod Akira JUMBO, and informed them about my decision to resign as Pinoydrums' Moderator.

My band K24/7 has become busier.  In line with that, I am unable to log-in more frequently, unlike before, I'm able to browse the forums several times in a day.  Being a Mod, missing at least a couple days requires a lot of catching up.  I just thought that I should concentrate more right now with my career and our music.  I can be a jack-of-all-trades if I want to, but I prefer to focus on my priorities.

Though I can see that I'm still a Mod here.  I don't know when my status will be changed into a regular member/forumite. 

To Admin Jim Ayson, thank you for trusting me in handling the Pinoydrums Forum.  It's quite a blast, and like what I said to you on my PM, Philmusic has been very helpful to me in many ways.  To Akira JUMBO, thanks for being a reliable co-Moderator.  Keep up the great work.

To my fellow Pinoydrummers, thank you for all the friendship, the camaraderie, the good times, and all the patience, help, and support; and I hope you understand my decision.  Sincerely, thank you Akira JUMBO, pmack & ningpo for your messages posted above.  I'm humbled, and I appreciate the kind words.

Even if I'll no longer be the Moderator here, I'll still find the time to participate here in the forum and on future drumming events.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:27:04 AM by drumster »

Offline malambeng25

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 08:35:14 AM »
Mismo ka!!! Idol!!! madaming good traits si Bro Anthony... super patient sa mga makukulit na tulad namin dito sa pinoydrums... very knowledgeable in his craft... his band is one of the best bands dito sa pinas... madami pa, baka umabot ng 100 ang page nito kung ipost lahat, hehe!!!

Honestly Bro Anthony, isa ka sa mga tinitingala kong pinoydrummers. You've been a great influence in my playing. Thank you for all the drum talks at sa mga susunod na sharing at kwentuhan. Pinabilib mo ako bro! Alam kong mahirap para sayo ang iwanan ang pagiging mod dito, alam kong gustong-gusto mo kase yung nakakatulong sa mga pinoydrummers. Saludo ko sayo!!! You know your priorities and I admire you for that. God bless you and your band!!!

Woot Woot!!! :lol:
"3rd Avenue: In Time" now available at all leading record stores nationwide

Offline metalmuhlisha

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 09:26:42 AM »
i usually just read around the forum and absorb all the different ideas. i'm pretty sure that sir dio is one of those people that i've learned alot from through his posts. "wisdom", even. salamat sir dio!
kung di mo alam, isipin muna ang GMG bago ang lahat: Google Mo, G**O!

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
man i owe a lot of my drumming to bro dio, without him i wouldnt learn the songo and shuffle patterns, thanks for making me your experimental student bro..cheers :wink:..my best wishes to your band
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »
ako gusto kong maging kasinggaling ni dio pag laki ko  :mrgreen:

Offline Chopstix

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 06:03:33 PM »
never had that much chat with dio, pero lahat ng posts that we get to interact ay talaga naman.. i can say that he's really one of the nicest guys here in pinoydrums plus of course isa sa magagaling din. :-)

goodluck drumster and hope to see your band performing soon!

Offline barabbas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »
Naku si Anthony Dio is one of the humbliest person that i've known.... Sobrang bait nitong tao na ito... And in fact hindi ka nya ilalaglag sa information when you ask him about drums.. If your going to ask me, mas karapatdapat sya sa position ko dahil mas marami syang alam kesa sakin when it come to TAMA drum kits and products.... keep it up Mr. drumster.... napakahusay mo.... Ingat tol.. God bless....

Offline sandythedrummer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
Hands Down to this man!!

Integrity, :mrgreen: you name it!
"I BELIEVE IN CHRIST LIKE I BELIEVE IN THE SUN. NOT BECAUSE I CAN SEE IT, BUT BY IT, I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE....."

Offline deej

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 01:55:42 AM »
aside from being a great friend... :-)

si Dio ang daming alam pagdating sa usapang "drums"! He is the first one I always text kapag may tanong ako pagdating dyan, hehehe...and he always reply with every specific detail! WOW!!!

Everyone here in pinoydrums know how good he is. When I first met him with 7th Soul in Southern Bulls before (hahaha...tagal na! :lol:) until now where I get to watch him with K24/7, si Dio improve lang nang imrpove, pagaling lang nang pagaling!

kaya nung nalaman ko din na mod sya dito sa pinoydrums noon, alam ko he really deserves it....grabe knowledge nya about drums! ibang klase! :-)

oh, and I think dapat mabasa ulit natin lahat yung sinulat nya dati sa pinoydrums yahoogroups na pinost ni sir jim ayson dito sa philmusic as a featured article. "Drum Gods: Give The Drummers Some!", by Anthony Dio.

I've been trying to look and search for it for hours already, hindi ko na makita, hehehe... Dio! Post mo naman ito ulit dito please if you still have a copy! Para mabasa ulit nang lahat! Ang ganda sobra nang review mo about drummers locally and foreign...thanks! hehe... :-D
lafolo yati, "the voice of the man who knows through the drum."

Offline drumistah

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 05:27:32 AM »
Sad to hear that sir Anth0ny is resigning..i realy learned a l0t fr0m him..bata p q d2 s family ng philmusic and dito sa drumming c0mmunity but he taught me a lot..i kept f0ll0wing ung mga forums and i always see him always ready 2 give a helping hand.saludo aq sau sir and ive been watching the sweet life since y0ur band regularly perf0rmed there.panoodin nlng natin sya parati together with his band para di natin sya masyado mamis..m0re power sir anth0ny dio!God bless u!:-)

*No TXT spelling please, thank you.
-Mod
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:45:50 AM by Akira JUMBO »

Offline kowdprik

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 12:33:23 PM »
"Drum Gods: Give The Drummers Some!", by Anthony Dio.

Dahil sa article na yan kaya ako naexposed sa mundo nang pinoydrums. I followed the link after i saw it appeared on my google search. After reading it, saw Sir Dio as the author, got curious so i followed his multiply link and from there i've learned about pinoydrums.

Sir Dio is a distant mentor for me. I've learned a lot reading his informative posts about drums. I'm also a frequent reader of his blogs on his multiply site. From there, you'll see the man is not only for drumming. In my term, "Malalim na tao si Dio."

I've met him a couple of times during pinoydrums eb's, watched him play, and all i can say, mismo.

God be with you as He always do. Blessings on you, your family and your band.

Certified pinoydrummer ASSET.  :mrgreen:

Offline BirjandBOGGS

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 03:35:34 PM »
i remember seeing Dio at Jp buduans work place somewhwere in congressional.i was getting my throne and he was eyeing for the 10" panther, until he decided to take it home. we get to talk about drums and music that time. and the man is knowledgable what can i say.... bro Anthony thanks for the everything, ma miss ka namen lahat dito sa forum... but i know makikita naman kita sa OTG . ibelieve na you know your priorities bro kasi i remembered we had talks regarding dito nga. Bro again thanks and goodluck!

Offline niNgpo

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »
MABUHAY si Kuya ANthony DIO!!!!!  :-D

Offline intake

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 07:11:01 AM »
Anthony Dio is the sh*t!!!  :-)
mismong mismo talaga!
wala na akong masabi sakanya  :lol:
Laptop = $600
DSL = $30/month
Locked threads @ AGT sub forums = PRICELESS :D

Offline niNgpo

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »
Mabuhay si Kuya Anthony Dio!!!  :lol:

Offline wiccan8888

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 10:38:49 PM »
Naku... An appreciation thread for me??  But, why??  Hehe...

First of all, I think this is an opportunity for me to post my announcement.  I just PMed Admin Jim Ayson and co-Mod Akira JUMBO, and informed them about my decision to resign as Pinoydrums' Moderator.

My band K24/7 has become busier.  In line with that, I am unable to log-in more frequently, unlike before, I'm able to browse the forums several times in a day.  Being a Mod, missing at least a couple days requires a lot of catching up.  I just thought that I should concentrate more right now with my career and our music.  I can be a jack-of-all-trades if I want to, but I prefer to focus on my priorities.

Though I can see that I'm still a Mod here.  I don't know when my status will be changed into a regular member/forumite. 

To Admin Jim Ayson, thank you for trusting me in handling the Pinoydrums Forum.  It's quite a blast, and like what I said to you on my PM, Philmusic has been very helpful to me in many ways.  To Akira JUMBO, thanks for being a reliable co-Moderator.  Keep up the great work.

To my fellow Pinoydrummers, thank you for all the friendship, the camaraderie, the good times, and all the patience, help, and support; and I hope you understand my decision.  Sincerely, thank you Akira JUMBO, pmack & ningpo for your messages posted above.  I'm humbled, and I appreciate the kind words.

Even if I'll no longer be the Moderator here, I'll still find the time to participate here in the forum and on future drumming events.

MABUHAY KA SIR! we need you here. :-)

Offline mondi99060451

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »
pwede pa namang part time mod di ba?  :lol:

Groove Master Dio!

one of the grooviest Pinoy drummer!!!
 8-)

Offline autoexec

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 01:04:36 AM »
Isa sa mga mababait at magagalang na mods dito sa philmusic. Pag may tinanong ka sa kanya hindi pwedeng hindi siya sasagot, naalala ko pa dati nung bago lang ako dito kinukulit ko siya sa YM sa mga kung ano anong bagay tungkol sa drums, haha. Mahaba din pasensya nya. Sayang hindi na pala siya magiging mod dito, hehe. Mabuhay sir Dio!

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 04:59:26 AM »
Mga kapatid, thank you very much!  I'm deeply humbled, and I sincerely appreciate all the kind words.  Mabuhay ang Pinoydrums!  :-)

oh, and I think dapat mabasa ulit natin lahat yung sinulat nya dati sa pinoydrums yahoogroups na pinost ni sir jim ayson dito sa philmusic as a featured article. "Drum Gods: Give The Drummers Some!", by Anthony Dio.

I've been trying to look and search for it for hours already, hindi ko na makita, hehehe... Dio! Post mo naman ito ulit dito please if you still have a copy! Para mabasa ulit nang lahat! Ang ganda sobra nang review mo about drummers locally and foreign...thanks! hehe... :-D

Bro DJ, minsan na-try ko din hanapin yung old article na yon.  But unfortunately, I think wala na siya sa archives ng Philmusic.  Hopefully baka may copy pa si Admin Jim Ayson non.  And if ever, I think I should write a newer and updated version of it.  It would be interesting to re-read what I wrote about 5 years ago.  And I think it would be cool to write my present thoughts about some of my old and new favorites.

Thanks bro!  :-)

pwede pa namang part time mod di ba?  :lol:

Hmm I don't know about that.  Better ask Admin Jim.

Like what I said, even if I'm no longer a Mod here, I can still post and share and interact.  The only difference is, I can no longer edit, merge, and move posts, and give warnings to bratty forumites.

Yet, my status is still a Forum Moderator.
  :-D

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 05:28:21 AM »
bait na mod ni sir dio. mahaba din pasencya kasi madami pasaway dito :lol: lagi ko din kinukulit dati to sa pm pag madami ako tanong :lol: saktong sakto yung pag maintain nya ng pinoydrums. :)

Offline kibohead

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 01:39:04 PM »
oo nga, kasi pag sinabi mo na pinoydrums...impossible di mo makikilala si sir dio...yung kulay pula yung text! hahaha. mabait at super haba ng pasensya sa mga forum members. Hope you find what you're looking for sir dio, basta ano pa man, supportado ka ng mga members ng pinoydrums, and for sure, anytime, yung slot na yan pwede mo yan balikan, karapat dapat sayo... bilang "the watcher" ng pinoydrums at at the same time takbuhan ng mga drummers kapag may mga tanong about sa drums. Ingat kapatid! :-)

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 08:04:43 PM »
Thanks for the effort in keeping this forum neat and orderly. Without you right from the start,(and lately with the help of Akira Jumbo) this forum would have been a mess.

Goodluck to your career, Bro Drumster. Godbless!  :-)
So Be It.