hulika

Author Topic: help! how do i isolate guitar passages... read on  (Read 2606 times)

Offline cat_eyes_gb

help! how do i isolate guitar passages... read on
« on: March 22, 2005, 05:36:46 PM »
hi guys! im having problems hearing background guitar passages in some songs we're currently comping (cipra, kapa or whatever it is called), usually the vocals or lead guitar drowns the background guitars... do u know of a software which can help me isolate particular sound channels, and also maybe slow it down without altering the pitch and stuff. im currently using goldwave and sound forge...

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
help! how do i isolate guitar passages... read on
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 12:51:14 PM »
have check the latest version of Cakewalk yet? i think it has it all. i think you have to convert the audio file first to MIDI so that you can isolate the individual instrument.
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline 3rd world order

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: help! how do i isolate guitar passages... read on
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 08:36:56 AM »
Quote from: cat_eyes_gb
hi guys! im having problems hearing background guitar passages in some songs we're currently comping (cipra, kapa or whatever it is called), usually the vocals or lead guitar drowns the background guitars... do u know of a software which can help me isolate particular sound channels, and also maybe slow it down without altering the pitch and stuff. im currently using goldwave and sound forge...

try ableton live (www.ableton.com) for changing speed w/o affecting pitch.  it's free as long as you can output to something else.. save is disabled in the demo.
aaron

Offline Sin™

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: help! how do i isolate guitar passages... read on
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 09:36:31 AM »
Quote from: cat_eyes_gb

..kung gusto mo bumagal lang then you can go with their suggestsions, dami jan, check out harmony Central, or look for Prosoniq EZ Time Stretch,, etc.. as in madami yan.. unlike dati. Pero kung gusto mo ihiwalay yung gitara..hmn.. ewan ko if it's possible unless you have access to the original stuff they had during recording. Pero yung Audobe Audition (Cool Edit) has stretching features and Graphic equalizer, so okay na 'yun kesa wala.

-Sin™