hulika

Author Topic: Fractal releases an effects only floor board and 6 more new products..INCOMING!  (Read 3792 times)

Offline 7string_highway

I've been waiting for this since the release of the first Axe fx. I'm not that interested on the amp models and I'm always be an amp guy, but the effects on the AXE effects series has been a top notch and no wonder John Petrucci, Steve Vai and lots of cats have been using them in stages but w/ its current price on AxeFX2 and XL it really is not that justifiable for me bringing it on small bars and gig but w/ this cliff stated that its price range will not be as near as those flagship product.

And now us mortals can experience the same top of the line effects to be paired on our respective amp of choice... :-D

Imagine this most of us agree that Strymon effects are way to go if you want a pedal platform that's having studio quality effects and having 2-3 of those boxes will be a pain in the pocket not counting the amount of AD/DA signal processing. I guess the logical choice will be this. Ill surely get this product soon if the price will be playing somewhere 1000-1500 usd.  :).. now the saving starts hehe

for more info http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/86923-coming-soon.html
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:25:56 PM by 7string_highway »

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Thus my signature.

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
This looks like its gonna be awesome!

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
hope hinde ito tulad ng mga na unang Multi effects processor. pag tumagal babalik balikan mo parin yun analog
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline 7string_highway

I can attest that the quality of the fractal effects are professional grade kind of thing this is not your typical line6/boss/digitech stuff though the mentioned brands can deliver bigtime. Fractals quality are really for the big guns and studio geeks out there that's why the excitement of knowing that they are releasing a floor based unit for effects only who's targeting the amp users especially those who are fond of doing the 4 cable method is killing the floor. If a little research on the owner of the company (Cliff chase) he's a computer geek that's been doing great work for the US govt. and so happens to be guitarist that is not contented on the digital stuff that's been catered by the masses so he started on creating one and the rest is so called history, that pushes innovation in the digital world on guitar effects processor/ amp modeling and doing so the major brands ie. line6, boss etc. has to catch up on their outdated technology hence releasing products that are a major upgrade on their previous items except maybe boss whose tech. were stuck on the COSM tech. era. hehehe.

Now this is a very interesting product on the market once it is officially released to the suspecting public. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:26:41 PM by 7string_highway »

Offline jeo

• Veteran Member
Oh my....GAS!!!  :drool:
>Use your ears, dont worry about the hype!>"Not everything that counts can be measured and not everything you can measure counts">TECHNIQUE is in the FINGERS & TONE is more in the GEAR>HIYAW, if you didnt get it, its your problem not mine>killed ur killer

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Because of Fractal, I became a bedroom musician. I don't have an analog rig anymore... But if I do, I have my tube power amp + cab. :D

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
This one REALLY IS the G-System killer!

Imagine ito na lang ang dala mo plus head and cab or combo. I'll definitely be getting one soon!

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
hope hinde ito tulad ng mga na unang Multi effects processor. pag tumagal babalik balikan mo parin yun analog
That would not make sense to Fractal Audio or any other company, for that matter.

The only exception I have seen is the original Whammy where there are people who actually prefer to hear the digital aliasing. Digitech all too willingly obliged by reissuing the pedal.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
my amp plus this and two expression pedals. tapos usapan. nagiipon na ako. lol

Offline claudefi

It's effects only though:

"Just effects. Specifically designed for 4CM with dedicated pre- and post- paths. Up to 8 simultaneous effects. Any number assignable pre/post. Any combination of series or parallel routing. Two expression pedal inputs, four relay outputs. USB for remote editing with free FX8-Edit software. Silent Switch technology from the MFC Mark III. True Bypass. Etc., etc. Don't drop it on your foot"

So don't sell your amps yet I guess...

Offline ael_israel

• Philmusicus Addictus
This one REALLY IS the G-System killer!

Imagine ito na lang ang dala mo plus head and cab or combo. I'll definitely be getting one soon!

eto na yun mismo, iba talaga ang fractal pag gumawa eh. So definitely maganda rin ito  :razz: this plus amp solve!!  :mrgreen:

my amp plus this and two expression pedals. tapos usapan. nagiipon na ako. lol

ipon mode nadin!!  :razz:
AMMK!!!

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
It's effects only though:

"Just effects. Specifically designed for 4CM with dedicated pre- and post- paths. Up to 8 simultaneous effects. Any number assignable pre/post. Any combination of series or parallel routing. Two expression pedal inputs, four relay outputs. USB for remote editing with free FX8-Edit software. Silent Switch technology from the MFC Mark III. True Bypass. Etc., etc. Don't drop it on your foot"

So don't sell your amps yet I guess...
Yes, I think people here understood that from the start. This is geared towards people who love their amps.

What I would like to know more about is its support for direct recording. It has a USB port, but only patch editing was explicitly mentioned, so far. If it streams audio through USB and can be used as a plugin, then I'll be all over this one.

Offline 7string_highway

yea this particular product is geared towards players that uses its guitar amp for its core sound. And also cliff stated that there are 6 other new cool products to be release soon. so ipon2x din while waiting.  :-D

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
gaano kaya ka linis at wala kayang tone loss ito sa 4 cable mode? designed siya for that application but I never encountered a multi effects system in USD500-1500 range na walang tone loss o hindi mahirap timplahin sa 4 cable method.  Kahit G System narinig ko may ngo ngo sa bass o may compensation sa treble.

Pinaka malinis narinig ko yung Digitech GSP na rack system. Kaso yun may maririnig ka sobra sa midrange pag naka 4 cable ka.   

Offline 7string_highway

yun nga yung worry ko din sa 4cm, but this product was rumored 2years ago to be released daw and it took that long bago ang official announcement my guts is that they worked the downsides of a 4cm thats why it took them that long kasi if they really want to release it before, yung mga effects models ay andun na eh just repackage nalang ang kulang but they didn't the obvious reason is that they are working the obvious downside on a 4cm.

(IMO) fractal are known not releasing stuff not unless plantsado na yung main feature sa products and just upgrade it from time to time if they see things can be improve upon or fix a few minor bugs. the real test is when someone physically tried the unit and do a thorough review until then everything is assumptions pa rin. but i put my trust based sa credibility of the company which I think is a top notch on its products quality. :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 03:18:01 PM by 7string_highway »

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
gaano kaya ka linis at wala kayang tone loss ito sa 4 cable mode? designed siya for that application but I never encountered a multi effects system in USD500-1500 range na walang tone loss o hindi mahirap timplahin sa 4 cable method.  Kahit G System narinig ko may ngo ngo sa bass o may compensation sa treble.

Pinaka malinis narinig ko yung Digitech GSP na rack system. Kaso yun may maririnig ka sobra sa midrange pag naka 4 cable ka.
I think it's simply the nature of the beast. Posible din kaya na yung implementation ng effects loop sa amp mismo ang maging weak link?

I had an amp once -- a Chinese copy of a Peavey Classic 30 combo. Good sound, unusable effects loop.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Time for Kemper to do same.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:30:13 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline claudefi

I think I'm actually clueless about fractal. I always thought it was mainly the amp-modelling aspect of it that people really loved. So maganda din pala yung effects nila?

But I think I'd be more interested if it was the other way around; amp models lang and no effects. Based on the stuff I keep hearing about axe fx's close to natural amp tones...

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
I think it's simply the nature of the beast. Posible din kaya na yung implementation ng effects loop sa amp mismo ang maging weak link?

I had an amp once -- a Chinese copy of a Peavey Classic 30 combo. Good sound, unusable effects loop.

yeah. some are better than ithers. iba din pag serial and parallel. sakit sa ulo ng parallel efx loop. hirap timplahin. ang alam ko kailangan talaga balansihin yung volumes between efx loop, power amp at preamp pag 4cm. dun din hirap mga boss gt, line6 users.

ang narinig ko naman sa axe fx users at nabasa ko sa forums, plug n play daw 4cm nila at madali lang timplahin. that remains to be seen and heard with this new baby.

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus

Naka 4 cable method ako ngayon sa AxeFx2 ko Paps. So far, wala akong naririnig na tone loss. And sigurado yung tech nitong FX8 e galing sa AxeFx2 so I guess panalo.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
Naka 4 cable method ako ngayon sa AxeFx2 ko Paps. So far, wala akong naririnig na tone loss. And sigurado yung tech nitong FX8 e galing sa AxeFx2 so I guess panalo.

saksak lang ng saksak! mag invest na ako sa magandang cables.  :lol:

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
Waiting for this!!!

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
Ihanda ang wallet!!!