hulika

Author Topic: PAREVIEW NAMAN SA MGA USERS DITO: BOSS OS2, SD1 and SD2  (Read 5815 times)

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
PAREVIEW NAMAN SA MGA USERS DITO: BOSS OS2, SD1 and SD2
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:57:03 PM »
mga sirs, kung sinoman ang nakatry or nagmamay ari ng mga boss os2 at sd2 dito, pareview naman.. tinignan ko na sa harmony central, pero hindi ako gaanong matiwala sa mga reviews na iba dun.. at gs2 ko yung mga taga dito para ayus. hehe :) salamat! :) plano ko kasi bmili sa US na lang.. tengs ulit :)

Offline snidd

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 02:17:16 AM »
hrmm.. nasubukan ko na ung os2.. tapos meron akong sd1. guess what? i settled for the sd-1.. actually main dirt box ko siya ngayon.

as a stand alone effect.. ang ganda ng sd-1.. with the right settings, you can get enough dirt but still hear the notes clearly. crank the drive up to 10, and you've got a ghetto distortion.

as a boost, better to max out the level, drive at 2-3, tone at 8.. (settings ko to anyway) and your tone cuts through the whole mix especially when mixed with a powerful distortion pedal and chorus.

regarding the os2, meh.. i don't like it. but you can get a decent distortion out of it.. yun nga lang i find it muddy.. parang fuzz na lang siya.

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 08:57:48 AM »
ok sir! thanks thanks! :) haay.. kung sana lang may mga friends ako na pwdeng makitry! :(

Offline Kulas

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 10:48:56 AM »
pre, yung ds-2 is very versatile. with single coil pickups it gives you enough dirt (especially on turbo mode mid boost) for grunge and alternative na tugtugan. with humbuckers halos pang thrash na sha. diba mine's up for trade? if you wanna go look at it, testingin natin sa bahay ko sa cubao, baka benta ko rin on the spot kung magustuhan mo, hehe. pm me your offer. medyo battered na sha 6-7/10 cosmetic condition pero 10/10 working condition. sounds good... tastes even better... hehe

Offline kanshooter

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »
I am an SD-1 and SD-2 user.

SD-1 is the best if you want that classic overdrive sound ...kuhang kuha nya tone ni Slash if you are using at least a decent humbucker pickup. You can do smooth legatos with SD-1.

I use SD-2 right now - it is more versatile - It has two drive modes - drive1 for that classic overdrive tone (SD-1) - Drive2 if you want more boost -- I love that Drive2 - kapal ng tunog especially if you are plugged in a tube amp.

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 08:33:52 PM »
hmm.. mukhang puro sd1 ang nasasabing ok a.. hmmmm... ok tlga sana kung matry ko paisa isa..

sir kulas: tignan ko sked ko kung ok akong pmunta jan sa inyo :) salamat sobra sa offer!

sobrang salmat sa mga nagreview! :) sna matuloy yung OD pedal shootout sa kabila.hehe :)

Offline BANTATAY

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: PAREVIEW NAMAN SA MGA USERS DITO: BOSS OS2, SD1 and SD2
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 11:09:36 AM »
OS2 - ARF!

SD1 - ARF! ARF!

SD2 - ARF! ARF! ARF!

Offline milzer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »
SD2 user!

2 od in 1 box.. saan kapa? I just made a footswitch....

Offline BANTATAY

• Philmusicus Noobitus

Offline eigerdude

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 12:14:44 PM »
Ano mas ok SD-1 or DS-1 and whats the difference between the two? Thanks

Offline rockarolla

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 01:08:39 PM »
sd2's crunch channel needs some mod
Some musicians may become a Yngwie Malmsteen, others maybe will become a humble Paul Gilbert.

Offline glasgow

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 08:59:25 PM »
I have the OS2 as my main dirt box. I liked it the first time I tested it sa perfect pitch but as time goes on my preferences began to open up to more OD/Distortion boxes out there. For my liking... the OS2 suits well if your set-up is mainly of humbucker loaded guitars, maganda ang note resonance niya...for my taste. It is quite a decent box if you will be playing in a blues rock/classic rock/ pop rock set up wherein you will not be asked of too much gain. Its quite versatile if you want a little bit of OD and DS but I would not say it does well enough of doing dedicated OD and Distortion sounds.

The OD part seems to be the forte of the pedal, enough mid range and gain and creamy leads are in the setup. The sweet spot of the pedal is the combination of the OD and DS sounds...for my liking as well. I have used this as a booster for a tube amp and it works like butter when you throw it in the front section of a hot channeled tube amp.. purely heaven i must say but trim down the mids since at full bore riffing.. your ears might hurt form too much mid boost this pedal does to your sound.

I would say it would be in the 60-40% bleed of two effects. Really useful setup and you just have to temper the pedal EQ and the gain levels for a really versatile, modern OD sound.

The DS part of the pedal comes out as a fully mid-scooped, bass boosted but severely treble depleted EQ section. It would take alot of twiddling before you can come up with a sound that would be really useful in a live set-up. A nice EQ pedal or a nice amp EQ section would be demanded here. But once you got it right, your can even force out metal tones from the pedal.

Its a nice pedal overall but you have to find the sweet spot. Hope this helps. God bless!