hulika

Author Topic: Where did the Introvoys & After image go?  (Read 40361 times)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Where did the Introvoys & After image go?
« on: February 01, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »
these two bands came ahead of the famous eraserheads. No one could not afford to miss the hits Next in line, Line to heaven, however which way, habang may buhay, di na ko aasa pa...

meron may alam dyan?  :-o

kaka miss di ba? they're a super talented group!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:50:51 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Where did Introvoyz & After image go?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:03:10 PM »
si chuck ng after image nasa 6 cycle mind ayon sayang ang talent ehehe

Offline toybitz

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 04:47:23 AM »
after image is recording a new album...

guitar tracks were done by Kakoy Legaspi, former Rivermaya, Barbie's Cradle, Blue Jean Junkies, Blue Rats, etc..etc...
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:09:36 AM »

guitar tracks were done by Kakoy Legaspi, former Rivermaya, Barbie's Cradle, Blue Jean Junkies, Blue Rats, etc..etc...

bakit hindi nila ni recruit si chuck ?

Offline toybitz

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 04:18:13 AM »
bakit hindi nila ni recruit si chuck ?

busy siguro sa 6CM?
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 09:10:57 PM »
Teka mga pre, buhay pa ang Introvoys.  :-)

Kailan lang naging guest sila sa Tunog Kalye.  :-)

They are telling their fans that they are still there and playing.  :-)

Sa pagkaka-alam ko ah, may album-album silang nabanggit eh.  :-)

Err.....EWAN!!  :lol:
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 04:23:28 PM »
Teka mga pre, buhay pa ang Introvoys.  :-)

Kailan lang naging guest sila sa Tunog Kalye.  :-)

They are telling their fans that they are still there and playing.  :-)

Sa pagkaka-alam ko ah, may album-album silang nabanggit eh.  :-)

Err.....EWAN!!  :lol:

si paco pa rin ang drummer ?  :-D

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 09:06:41 PM »
May narinig akong Paco.  :-)

Pero wala akong ideya.  :-)
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline theunknownsoldier

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 10:50:18 PM »
The introvoyz were the subject of our research two sems ago under Prof. Robin Rivera, who happens to be the producer of all the albums but one (i guess) of the eheads. After what seemed to be a futile attempt at tracking down their whereabouts these days, since they have been incognito for quite some time already, we found out that they released an album in 2005 in the US (beat that), with Paco Arespacochaga still onboard, and of course Jonathan Bueancamino, their frontman. In fact, they still were doing gigs there when everyone thought they have already retired to the rustic pages of OPM history.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:55:48 PM by theunknownsoldier »
"your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer,
may I land my kinky machine?"
 -third stone from the sun jimi hendrix

Offline mayk_bam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 11:31:22 PM »
ung Introvoyz ata puro buong kanta na ung mga gawa nila, di na puro Intro, hehehe.... :-D
Ibanez RG530 DX, Korg X50

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »
The introvoyz were the subject of our research two sems ago under Prof. Robin Rivera, who happens to be the producer of all the albums but one (i guess) of the eheads. After what seemed to be a futile attempt at tracking down their whereabouts these days, since they have been incognito for quite some time already, we found out that they released an album in 2005 in the US (beat that), with Paco Arespacochaga still onboard, and of course Jonathan Bueancamino, their frontman. In fact, they still were doing gigs there when everyone thought they have already retired to the rustic pages of OPM history.

This is really a big news for me and all the Introvoyz & After iMage fans out there!!!! Yahooo

Offline paquitz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 04:45:44 AM »

Astig to. I have big respect sa gitaristang to. And nice to hear that they're recording. Kasi okay din gumawa ng lyrics si Wency

itchybrain

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 07:28:03 AM »
These bands are in the annals of Philippine music history since they promoted OPM and they succeeded in their own little way. It's good news for these bands to be at the front line once again. Huwag lang sanang mag-short shorts at 8-hole Doc Martens si Jonathan Buencamino ulit.  :-D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:31:32 AM by itchybrain »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 05:50:18 PM »

well at least I have something to wait. :-D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 01:43:31 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well said!

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 10:31:35 AM »

just curious bro bakit nasayang ang talent ni chuck?

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 02:50:17 PM »
this is what happened mga repapips.....

introvoys had their run during the 90s until such time that paco arespacochaga--their main songwriter decided to quit because he wanted to focus on his family(among other things--that i couldn't reveal because it's simply too personal)...

this was after paco was married to former smokey mountain member geneva cruz. they had a son named heaven( named after the hit song)...

taking in his role as a husband and father, paco kept writing songs and playing session drums for a few shows in the philippines and taking drum lessons from jun  regalado sr....and became an endorser for jb music and zildjian...

meanwhile, jonathan buencamino and company refusing to call it quits continued with a new drummer and recorded one album which didn't spawn any major hits to rival the hits from the old albums.

this still seem to be the same old band--i mean any song sung by jonathan buencamino will sound like introvoys. but they seem to be running out of steam. to make matters worse, jonathan buencamino lost his voice because constant gigging and exposure to 2nd hand smoking in bars and clubs, asides from the stress of almost gigging every night.

with no hit song, and the frontman losing his voice---introvoys slowly faded from the limelight.

this all happened while paco was having the time of his life. having no need to play music for a living, paco settled into a life of comfort. he was still earning royalties(up to this today) and having a wife who was a celebrity, he felt no pressure to play...but then his heart was forever the songwriter...

so he formed the band mystery...fronted by jomar cruz(artista and pinasn ni geneva) and flanked by joseph and tonton cruz( keyboards and bassist extraordinaires, also cousins of geneva) and g3 misa on guitars...they had a great a lineup and with a good drummer and great songwriter like paco, what else do they need , right?

chemistry, they had tons especially onstage. but the cruz brothers coming from a clan of reknowned working musicians would not share paco's dreams---they were more suited for "biyahe" type gigs....

and it's just a basic situation where you might have excellent musicians in the band, but you all have different goals.

mystery slowly changed it's lineup, eventually becoming the 4 piece known as SKiN....fronted by norby david(now with overtone) on vocals/bass...keith ilagan on guitar(now with true faith) and henry abesamis on keyboards(now with shamrock)...paco was the band leader/songwriter/mentor....SKiN became a force in the party/bar/show band circuit in the philippines....

by this time geneva and pax had called it quits as a married couple(they would later become good friends--coz they still shared a son). also it was at this time that jonathan and jj buencamino as well as vic carpio(who was with novia at the time) patched it up with paco(they were after all friends since childbirth--something that mystery lacked)...but plans for a reunion album/tour would be impossible as jonathan was still without a proper singing voice.

SKiN was doing the rounds in the metro manila bar scene...frequent din sila sa out of town gigs/functions/beer fests... nagkaroon din ng plans for an album. kenneth ilagan had to bow out for what seems to be a more lucrative gig in mulatto( a very popular bar band)...

i joined SKiN in feb 2000 and became very good friends with paco(ninong ng anak kong si jaja--at magiging ninong din ako ng anak nya--coming soon!)

i had just come from a 5 yr stint with blue rats( one of manila's finest bluesband ever!) and i wanted a more financially stable band.and SKiN seemed to be it.

SKin was signed by MCA to make an album, but became 2nd priority because they also invited Paco to make a solo album...yours truly became a songwriter partner for paco, not that he needed my help but he became open to my ideas and we worked well together...i played a lot of guitars in that album.

paco did his solo record which nobody seemed to be aware of(lol!sorry pax!) except maybe the very loyal fans of introvoys.

it's interesting to note that paco's solo album included guest appearances by SKiN( his band during those days), ira cruz (former introvoys, passage and now in bamboo), G3 misa( now in NYC) and the original lineup of introvoys(jobert,jonathan and jj buencamino, along with vic carpio.

so it seems like everything would work out...paco has his solo record, SKiN would get it's own album out soon...and introvoys would be back on the map for a reunion......

again fate intervened....paco had other plans...he migrated to the US. he would remarry and start a new life there.

the introvoys reunion was again shelved....SKiN would get a new drummer and eventually a new guitarist( i joined first circle a year after paco left ) and then would call it quits after a couple years as well....norby would join overtone and henry would play keyboards for shamrock.....

but it wasn't over, no sir!

while paco was in the states, he met producers who were willing to bring the other members of introvoys to reunite and tour the states---also the opportunity to become greencard holders was in the mix...

but then jobert buencamino had to tend to his family business...during which ira cruz would join briefly as the band's bassist. vic carpio was also planning to go to france( where he currently resides )

so....eventually the lineup would include me on guitars and henry abesamis on keyboards/bassist....jonathan buencamino and jj b, were of course vocals and keyboards...

that lineup would end up going to the states in 2005... we recorded in dec 04-april 05 what would become the single introvoys album that was self produced ...it was called "A Brighter Day"--symbolic of the trials and tribulations that led to the US tour..

too bad it wasn't released in the philippines, it was of very decent if not great quality--featuring songs written by me and paco, the buencamino brothers and keith derrick( a bassist who became bandmates with paco, eventually leading him to become producer for the introvoys reunion album ).

but the trials didn't end.... henry wanted to go back home to the philippines( kung sya ay naging sikat na miyembro ng shamrock)..so joseph cortes was enlisted as bassist (isa syang mabait[?] na bata)

nag quit din ako. citing personal differences that i can't disclose here...pax and i would count this as something that just didn't work out.

now that official lineup includes:

steve guadiz/guitars(a great chap), chot ulep/bass....

( official because there was no mention of me, vic carpio and ira as former introvys guitar players in the website, but i'm just making it official here--apparently the personal differences has not ended!lol!)

and this lineup contines to exist---( i dont wanna say for the meantime )

more current news:

the introvoys have recorded "best friend's girlfriend" a song that paco and me wrote when we were in SKiN.

ito ay ginawang pelikula, dance showdown sa eat bulaga....hey GMA, kapuso din ako---subscriber kami dito america ng pinoy tv!!! where's our money???

they have plans to tour sa pinas, but it's uncertain wether jonathan and jj would come home to tour......

the soap opera continues......

PHEW! sorry ang haba, but i just wanted to set the record straight...introvoys is still alive.. nasa ibang bansa lang...www.introvoys.net

guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 05:57:42 PM »

I'm so glad with this news bro. would it be too much of a hassle if I ask you a copy of the album you released in U.S? i hope not. thanks again sir. God bless you more

Offline edalbkrad

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 01:46:14 AM »
sama nyo na sa list ang Nexxus.
"ill never go.. far away from you... even the sky will tell you that i need you so...  :-D

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 01:57:23 AM »
yung asawa ba ni giselle sanchez yung comedian eh member ng introvoys ?

Offline skankman

• Netizen Level
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 08:43:45 AM »
si paco nasa california rumaraket sa mga pinoy dun sa mga clubs, vocalist nya si glenn jacinto, minsan gitarista si perf. hanapin nyo sa youtube glen jacinto california

Offline drumfreak

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »

hehehe narinig ko record nila once. may copy nian manager namen...
im screaming, im shouting...

Offline drumfreak

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 04:23:38 PM »
busy siguro sa 6CM?

yup. kasabay namen magrecord after image nung nagrerecord pa kame :) whatever happened sa project nila?...
im screaming, im shouting...

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 04:20:35 PM »

at least we heard good things from these groups and we have something to watch for.

Offline zonko

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 08:32:31 PM »
got to preview their new material when they played dredd twice last november. classic. and wency was wency at his best.