hulika

Author Topic: Club 98 - The DEAD-SOUNDING PRS Thread **Top 2% Guitars NOT ALLOWED**  (Read 14069 times)

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Club 98 - The DEAD-SOUNDING PRS Thread **Top 2% Guitars NOT ALLOWED**
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »
Yeah I think I remember you being around. Sadly, seems like nothing has changed since then.  :-D
Kinda miss the old guys actually.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2017, 07:27:12 AM »
Yeah I think I remember you being around. Sadly, seems like nothing has changed since then.  :-D

Well things have changed for me.  I have more guitars with hiyaw than before and you are still stuck thinking it doesn't exist.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »
Well things have changed for me.  I have more guitars with hiyaw than before and you are still stuck thinking it doesn't exist.

How are your bends going?  :-D
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2017, 04:47:36 PM »
Tone party na lang. Put this to rest. In whatever direction.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »
Tone party na lang. Put this to rest. In whatever direction.

Studio rental with catering? Lol.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2017, 11:17:42 AM »
Di na. Parang yung 2007 tone party na lang. Nasa likod ng kurtina ang gitarista and di alam ng judges and listening public which guitar is being played. All things kept equal.

Actually not to defend it, but Arie demonstrated the effect personally to me much more convincingly. It sounds funny when described in words and sounds like a myth. But yeah I heard it it's like a phasing effect between the ears.

It's ok and maybe desirable for some. But it's not ultimately necessary. Let those who have it enjoy it. And those that don't, well, it's unobtainium so no use seeking it.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »
Di na. Parang yung 2007 tone party na lang. Nasa likod ng kurtina ang gitarista and di alam ng judges and listening public which guitar is being played. All things kept equal.

Actually not to defend it, but Arie demonstrated the effect personally to me much more convincingly. It sounds funny when described in words and sounds like a myth. But yeah I heard it it's like a phasing effect between the ears.

It's ok and maybe desirable for some. But it's not ultimately necessary. Let those who have it enjoy it. And those that don't, well, it's unobtainium so no use seeking it.

I think a lot of us here know that it exists because we too have owned guitars that have it along with other guitars that don't and enjoyed them equally. It's just fun to see it being used as a status symbol as if it is such a rare atribute when a lot of us know that it is not. 
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2017, 06:46:24 PM »
Lawl. Nice. Kala ko buhay pa din tong zombie na to after 10 years. Alrighty then have fun guys.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2017, 08:22:53 PM »
I think a lot of us here know that it exists because we too have owned guitars that have it along with other guitars that don't and enjoyed them equally. It's just fun to see it being used as a status symbol as if it is such a rare atribute when a lot of us know that it is not.

enjoyed them equally? haha. I bet the first one you put up to sell is the one that does not have it.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2017, 09:38:32 PM »
enjoyed them equally? haha. I bet the first one you put up to sell is the one that does not have it.

Haha nope. Same same lang. I don't hord guitars at home anymore. I went through 30 guitars the past 10 years and I sold them all. Not all of them made it here sa Philmu. Dont regret selling them. They are not mine to keep anyway. They are just meant for me to be used for a while and then hopefully someone else will enjoy them in the future. Isasama mo ba sa hukay mo ang guitars mo?
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2017, 06:53:49 AM »
Haha nope. Same same lang. I don't hord guitars at home anymore. I went through 30 guitars the past 10 years and I sold them all. Not all of them made it here sa Philmu. Dont regret selling them. They are not mine to keep anyway. They are just meant for me to be used for a while and then hopefully someone else will enjoy them in the future. Isasama mo ba sa hukay mo ang guitars mo?

Nope but it sure makes the trip MORE enjoyable before you die. :)

Never went thru 30 guitars at home because I made sure I only got the keepers. :) Thereby saving money from a loss of value on the second hand market.  If anything, I only went thru 14 guitars the past 27 years of playing as a hobby.  All of them gone because I was shown early on that they did not have hiyaw.  In the process, I saved money and got to buy more stuff.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2017, 07:52:51 AM »

Never went thru 30 guitars at home because I made sure I only got the keepers. :) Thereby saving money from a loss of value on the second hand market.  If anything, I only went thru 14 guitars the past 27 years of playing as a hobby.  All of them gone because I was shown early on that they did not have hiyaw.  In the process, I saved money and got to buy more stuff.

Hehe. As long as you're having fun buddy.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2017, 08:15:20 PM »
Mabalik tayo sa usapan. Paki critique naman tong video para lam ko kung qualified ako mag post dito :-). Paki pakinig kung 'dead-sounding' ang PRS copy ko.  Setup os straight to amp Yamaha J35 (solid state).

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2017, 08:19:55 PM »

This. Amen.