hulika

Author Topic: ★ BLACKSTAR Amps and Pedals Users Thread  (Read 191274 times)

Offline ryaneth

• Netizen Level
Re: ★ BLACKSTAR Amps and Pedals Users Thread
« Reply #1050 on: September 16, 2016, 11:40:48 PM »
Hindi ako makareply sir. Full po ang inbox niyo. Delete po kayo ng messeges sa inbox para masend ko po ang reply ko at mareceive nila. :)

Oopps.. Sorry sir..

Done deleting some messages.

THanks!

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1051 on: November 23, 2016, 06:35:31 PM »

After almost a year and a half of waiting finally pulled the trigger on this...its my second Blackstar amp, after the HT-1R, Love the concept of this..totally fits my needs..less is more.. better and more usefull than those "Marshall Lifestyle" products which are overpriced!!

Bassy, and full sounding..love the loaded effects.. love the size...

Cons:
It has some faint hiss sometimes at certain settings (common cons based on web reviews)..

Overall Id give it a 9/10
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1052 on: November 28, 2016, 06:47:18 AM »
Hey guys. Do you still have the third prong on your power cord connected?
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1053 on: November 28, 2016, 03:50:41 PM »
bought this few months ago

doh!!!

Offline LaXter

« Reply #1054 on: November 29, 2016, 07:51:43 AM »
Hey guys. Do you still have the third prong on your power cord connected?

Yung amp ko wala ngang kasama nung third prong nung nabili ko eh
GAS-Masked

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1055 on: November 29, 2016, 08:08:41 AM »
Yung amp ko wala ngang kasama nung third prong nung nabili ko eh

Do they come stock from Lyric without the third prong?
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline LaXter

« Reply #1056 on: November 29, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »
^ I'm not sure, but all the amps I tested in the branch where I purchased mine did not have the third prong on the power cord.
GAS-Masked

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1057 on: November 29, 2016, 09:33:26 AM »
yung akin from lyric may 3rd prong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1058 on: November 29, 2016, 02:00:56 PM »
i think ground yun..pwedeng meron pwede ding wala..naalala ko nung binili ko yung crate amp ko many many many years ago sa RJ, bago ibox tinanggal muna ng ng saleman yung 3rd prong..di pa kasi uso yung versatile sockets noon
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline jary

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1059 on: November 29, 2016, 02:54:03 PM »
Guys do you have problem with blackstar Insider software on a mac? (el capitan ). Cant detect my idcore even tried yung mga suggestion ng blackstar support but to no avail.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1060 on: November 29, 2016, 03:21:59 PM »
Thanks for the inputs on the third prong guys. Katakot lang yung fatal voltages in case mag topak yung amp. I was thinking the third prong is there (or should be there) to save my life haha.

Any of you using an AVR? Yung tipong pang desktop PC? I was thinking aside from keeping the voltage clean baka it can make the amp safer to operate haha.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline boybawang

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1061 on: November 30, 2016, 08:12:21 AM »
Thanks for the inputs on the third prong guys. Katakot lang yung fatal voltages in case mag topak yung amp. I was thinking the third prong is there (or should be there) to save my life haha.

Any of you using an AVR? Yung tipong pang desktop PC? I was thinking aside from keeping the voltage clean baka it can make the amp safer to operate haha.

Ganon ang gamit ko sir  :) May 3rd prong ung akin. Para sa ground un. Unstable kc ang power sa area namin. And nka extension cord din ako with surge protection.

Offline boybawang

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1062 on: November 30, 2016, 08:22:57 AM »
Guys do you have problem with blackstar Insider software on a mac? (el capitan ). Cant detect my idcore even tried yung mga suggestion ng blackstar support but to no avail.
Na-try ko na sir dati nung may mac pa ako. Di namn ngkaproblem. Pano ba sir ang ginagawa mo? Plug the amp to the USB port then start Insider or Start Insider then plug the amp?
Na try mo na sir gawin ung instructions dito? : https://www.blackstaramps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4891

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1063 on: November 30, 2016, 08:28:46 AM »
Ganon ang gamit ko sir  :) May 3rd prong ung akin. Para sa ground un. Unstable kc ang power sa area namin. And nka extension cord din ako with surge protection.

Yung sakin kasi walang 3rd prong kaya medyo katakot. I was thinking lang kung yung amp ang mag topak and walang 3rd prong yung power cord ko baka hindi parin ako masagip nung AVR hahaha.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1064 on: November 30, 2016, 08:42:44 AM »

Konting paalala lang po mga sirs...

If you plug a 3-prong appliance into an AVR, extension cord or even an Isolation Transformer that accepts 3-prong plugs but plug the latter devices into a 2-prong outlet, there is still a shock risk. Good quality AVRs that come stock with a 2-prong plug will usually have a grounding screw somewhere on the casing which needs to be attached to ground to enable the protection. Pulling out the 3rd prong from a power cord for plugging into a regular 2 prong outlet will not be bad for the amp but if the wiring in the house was poorly done, it could lead to possible shock. Even houses with 3-prong outlets may still not be properly grounded as some, if not most, Meralco areas do not have the ground-enabled mains power line. Best to have your 3-prong power outlets checked if it's properly working and have a ground wire attached if needed. The addition of a ground wire need not be done to the entire house and could be limited to the outlet/s where you plug your amp. Aside from having more protection from shock, using a properly grounded outlet will also drastically reduce amp noise.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1065 on: November 30, 2016, 10:55:08 AM »
Konting paalala lang po mga sirs...

If you plug a 3-prong appliance into an AVR, extension cord or even an Isolation Transformer that accepts 3-prong plugs but plug the latter devices into a 2-prong outlet, there is still a shock risk. Good quality AVRs that come stock with a 2-prong plug will usually have a grounding screw somewhere on the casing which needs to be attached to ground to enable the protection. Pulling out the 3rd prong from a power cord for plugging into a regular 2 prong outlet will not be bad for the amp but if the wiring in the house was poorly done, it could lead to possible shock. Even houses with 3-prong outlets may still not be properly grounded as some, if not most, Meralco areas do not have the ground-enabled mains power line. Best to have your 3-prong power outlets checked if it's properly working and have a ground wire attached if needed. The addition of a ground wire need not be done to the entire house and could be limited to the outlet/s where you plug your amp. Aside from having more protection from shock, using a properly grounded outlet will also drastically reduce amp noise.

Thanks for this bro. I guess we are all at the mercy of the quality of the electrical wiring at the gig venues. All power outlets at our condo have 3-prong jacks so i guess they wired it properly. The power outlet that I use on stage when I play in church also accepts 3-prong power cords. Would it be safe to buy a replacement power cord for my HT5RH that has the 3-prong jack?
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1066 on: November 30, 2016, 11:47:29 AM »
Thanks for this bro. I guess we are all at the mercy of the quality of the electrical wiring at the gig venues. All power outlets at our condo have 3-prong jacks so i guess they wired it properly. The power outlet that I use on stage when I play in church also accepts 3-prong power cords. Would it be safe to buy a replacement power cord for my HT5RH that has the 3-prong jack?

Yes, you can. Just try to avoid those 3-prong power cords from computer stores as they are flimsy and noisy. I would suggest trying to get them from Hi-Fi stores. Some have the generic black ones intended for AV systems. Those are visually slightly thicker than those for PCs and have higher amperage load ratings.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1067 on: November 30, 2016, 02:11:38 PM »
Yes, you can. Just try to avoid those 3-prong power cords from computer stores as they are flimsy and noisy. I would suggest trying to get them from Hi-Fi stores. Some have the generic black ones intended for AV systems. Those are visually slightly thicker than those for PCs and have higher amperage load ratings.

Thanks bro. This is the power cord that came with my HT5RH. I think someone pulled-out the third prong. I'll check out audio stores to find a compatible one. Thanks again for the advice.

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1068 on: November 30, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »
Thanks bro. This is the power cord that came with my HT5RH. I think someone pulled-out the third prong. I'll check out audio stores to find a compatible one. Thanks again for the advice.

normal yang cable na yan. it's built for EU sockets

doh!!!

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1069 on: November 30, 2016, 02:59:50 PM »

Might as well get a cord with a plug for the socket you use regularly (2 flat prongs with 1 round ground prong). Mas madaming ganun available here, I should think.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1070 on: November 30, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »
normal yang cable na yan. it's built for EU sockets

Hey thanks for sharing bro. I thought someone just yanked out the third prong lol.

Might as well get a cord with a plug for the socket you use regularly (2 flat prongs with 1 round ground prong). Mas madaming ganun available here, I should think.

Tama ka bro magandang advice yan. Yan mismo yung plug type sa condo and sa church. Hopefully makahanap ako ng good quality power cable. Sa mga gig venues, I guess chambahan nalang hehe.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1071 on: December 03, 2016, 09:27:40 AM »
This rig is insane.

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1072 on: December 04, 2016, 02:47:51 PM »
ang ganda ng FLY!! great sounding little mofo
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1073 on: December 12, 2016, 07:59:09 PM »
puede na mag-practice sa gabi!

pleasantly surprised by the range of tones by this 1 watter. the blackstar dudes werent kiddin when they said its the sound in your head. that isf knob rawks!
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1074 on: December 22, 2016, 07:32:30 AM »
The HT5 with the gain in full + reverb in full + treble bleed on the guitar should be banned by Digong.. nakaka-adik hahaha.
#DigitalHiyaw