The Music Forums > Free-for-all Artists forum

IV of Spades anyone?

(1/14) > >>

Kennyadry:
I'll be honest, I envy their rise to stardom. Especially that most of the members of the band are 10 years older than me. :( :|

But later on, I became thankful. I think they are the OPM's savior. I haven't seen any bands that have created so much bandwagon effect, which I believe is good for the Philippine Music Industry.

What are your thoughts?

Ralph_Petrucci:

--- Quote from: Kennyadry on April 03, 2019, 08:55:41 AM ---I haven't seen any bands that have created so much bandwagon effect

--- End quote ---

alam mo ang formula niyan? pogi sila eh.

kaya wala kang nakita kuno na ganito ang "impact" eh kasi dati nung 2000's andami nilang pogi rock bands.
ngayon kasi, ang gagaling nga ng banda, pota hindi naman mga pogi mga miyembro so wala din. hindi papatok sa mga hormonal teenager fans.
in all honesty, mas matindi maging fan ang mga teenager girls kesa sa teenager boys.

tingnan mo, sobrang tinde ng fan base ng mga pogi rock bands or another example, Daniel Padilla.
on another note, kahit sobrang galling ng female fronted band, yung pagsikat is not as intense as that of the pogi fronted band or artist.
reason? iba ang rabid fanatic na babae.

pag babae kasi ang rabid fan, eh tinitingnan ng mga tao as normal or dala ng puberty.
pag lalaki naman, society views it na sagwa kung magtitili sila for a band na male fronted, on the other hand, ang pervert or manyakis naman ng dating pag nag fanboy sila for a female fronted band.

bottomline, Pogi sells.
not that I am downplaying IVOS members' skills here. magaling naman sila tumogs.
pero hindi sila savior ng OPM pls lang hahahaha far from it.

napakaraming magagaling ng OPM Artist ngayon na hindi lang tlaga magkakaroon ng ganong klaseng fanbase dahil nga sadly, hindi sila as pogi as IVOS.

example? Ben and Ben

gandydancer123:
subbed

Kennyadry:

--- Quote from: Ralph_Petrucci on April 03, 2019, 09:43:47 AM ---alam mo ang formula niyan? pogi sila eh.

tingnan mo, sobrang tinde ng fan base ng mga pogi rock bands or another example, Daniel Padilla.

not that I am downplaying IVOS members' skills here. magaling naman sila tumogs.
pero hindi sila savior ng OPM pls lang hahahaha far from it.

napakaraming magagaling ng OPM Artist ngayon na hindi lang tlaga magkakaroon ng ganong klaseng fanbase dahil nga sadly, hindi sila as pogi as IVOS.

example? Ben and Ben

--- End quote ---

Very good point.

You may also add to it that their parents may have some connections...(Especially that when you add to the fact that both Zild and Blaster fought for the finals of the EB's Music Hero, can't help but wonder why these two went all the way to the ultimate final showdown without any connection help at all)

You may reject to the idea that they are the savior, probably because of their pogi thing...

But I can say "I can accept them if they will be called the savior of the OPM in "today's" generation."

The reason for that is,...They have the "skill" and "talent"...

Yes they are pogi,.....pero kung kapogian lang ang naging dahilan ng pag sikat nila, makakapamura na talaga ako sa industriya ng musika sa Pilipinas...

Atleast, they are really good. These guys (as a band) can really play and make a good music to my ears, not someone like Daniel Padilla, or even Juan Karlos...

I seldom listen to any radio stations, but I heard their song (Mundo) for the first time when I rode a taxi on my way home...I thought, woah, these guys can play...didn't knew their band name yet...

Then later I just forgot that song, until one of my church mate played the guitar riff of that song and I said, wait a minute that sounds familiar, who's the artist? Then there you go...

Searched it on youtube and yes, I was a little surprised at how popular they are , but what was more shocking is how young they are but playing a genre that a certain people who lived through the 70s, 80s, and 90s can certainly appreciate.

So I guess, I can accept it, if people would label them as the "savior" of the OPM. I think I would.

If teens idolized them because of their kapogians, at least, they idolized pogis with real talents...not just some random pogis.

yeney_mugc:
i know very well one EB music hero who is a successful contender dun, pero i'm sure wala silang connections dahil sobrang kilala ko rin ung parents. so possibly, skills talaga.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version