hulika

Author Topic: on marcus adoro's kamonkamon  (Read 5781 times)

Offline lucky bamboo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
on marcus adoro's kamonkamon
« on: October 04, 2003, 02:52:48 PM »
:rolleyes:

this was an inspirational adventure that made an impact on my life....

this experience helped me not just to talk about the need but actually to meet the need...

I now understand life from the perspective of two cultures, and I can appreciate them both.

ancient orange...:p  :cool:

Offline portishead

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 03:32:35 PM »
i've seen the video on UNTV once and i think its cool. they have samples of tagalog voices on that track. i think its better than any raimund marasigan projects.

Offline lucky bamboo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
hey portishead
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 06:07:50 AM »
hi nice to meet you...im a new member of this message board and i'm glad i found it..

what's a netizen level?  i saw it under your name..yeah i think marcus is cool so is ely buendia..wonder what ely is doing now but hope he is ok..

well gotta go..and take care and don't forget to cater to filipino songs!!!
especially marcus' and ely's..lol jk

your friend,
Mona

:D :cool:

Offline lucky bamboo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
raimund marasigan has projects?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 06:14:37 AM »
i havent heard of raimund's projects what are they and how are they, are they ok?

i don't like him anyways..he is kinda mayabang for me..well i guess cause of how he looks..and acts.. nevermind

i like ely and marcus and buddy..ooh i used to have a crush on buddy...ssshh..lol...

but he is taken..oh well who cares..

well hope the three of them are fine..

Mona

Offline portishead

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 02:34:04 PM »
honestly, i dont like raimund too. i hate sandwich, squid9, and any of albums that raimund produced like Chicosci, Monsterbot (i have seen a copy of monsterbot cd in odessey for 100- what a bargain. what's that trying to say? no one wants to buy it anyway). he's a real multi-tasker wannabe.

Offline Amoch

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 03:15:59 PM »
Raimund is one of the best artists in the industry today. He's not afraid of producing stuff without commercial value and he has helped many struggling artists in achieving their dreams.

Problem is, most people don't know what good music is. We tend to listen to music that we are confortable with or what we consider safe. Raimund has the balls man, like it or not.

Offline portishead

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 04:11:28 PM »
yes, raimund dosnt know that mosterbot in not really a good musician at all. lets admit it.

why we dont listen to sky church or cheese instead,

rock n roll!!!!

Offline lucky bamboo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
yeah i agree portis
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2003, 12:04:45 AM »
yeah i think no one is buying the album so he would sell it only for a hundred bucks..plus i read an article online where they were interviewed raimund's dreams are to be arapist and a philantropist what the hell is that?  

plus he sounded mayabang when he said that...cambio is the new eraserheads..i don't like kris dancel she's mayabang too i think..but i dont know i havent heard their songs yet..

they said cambio means chnage or shift why they should move on and not say that they are the new eheads because they already formed a new band with a new name new members

i think ely has moved on so as marcus..i wish them well..

sorry to misinterpret what they said on their interview but it sounded arrogant of them...like it seems to me they are jumping on when they said..ooh cambio means change and so on..

anyways..i hope they are changed..if they meant changed then nevermind...

Mona

Offline Amoch

Re: yeah i agree portis
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 09:47:58 AM »
Quote from: lucky bamboo
plus he sounded mayabang when he said that...cambio is the new eraserheads..i don't like kris dancel she's mayabang too i think..but i dont know i havent heard their songs yet..

they said cambio means chnage or shift why they should move on and not say that they are the new eheads because they already formed a new band with a new name new members

Sounding mayabang does not equate to producing bad music. I think we should wait first before saying anything against them. You said it yourself, you haven't heard any of their songs yet, so why jump to conclusions? The Beatles did the same mistake too, remember? They said something about being more famous than Jesus. That is mayabang! Anyway, let's just wait and see...

Offline portishead

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 04:47:12 PM »
that is not mayabang. that is blasphemy. i think lennon said that because they are the greatest rock n roll band in the world. but that's not an excuse.

i remember back in 1997 if im not mistaken, on nu rock awards. eraserheads won something. a guy on the mosh pit shout "nakakasawa!". and raimund replies "nakakasawa ka rin".  is the fan deserved to be called like that?

this is really rock n roll

Offline Amoch

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 11:00:11 PM »
We are talking about the music here. Who cares kung ano ugali n'ya. Marami namang musicians ang may "attitude" right? Besides bastos yung fan, he also has the right to say that. 'Di naman siya tumatakbo for office so he doesn't have to please everybody.

I just scored Marty Mcfly's album which was also produced by Raimund. OK naman ah. Mukhang hindi lang talaga pumasa sa taste mo yung Monsterbot. To tell you the truth hindi ko rin sila type pero I like Sandwich very much kahit na some people think na tunog kalamay sila since hindi mo ma-pigeon hole kung ano talaga music nila.

Offline portishead

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2003, 07:41:45 PM »
i like this discussion. everybody reacts naturally. since no one can force me to listen to sandwich. now this, i love music, i love rock, i love electronica, hiphop (not all hiphop), i love jazz, and i think for now i know good music. and if it is good music, its not sandwich. it is my musical opinion.

cheese factor set to 9? give me a break!

Offline Amoch

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 02:03:24 AM »
It's all about choices man. No one is forcing you. Ayun nga ganda ng music scene natin nagyon eh, maraming options.

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2003, 10:36:32 AM »
To Lucky Bamboo: Where did you get to hear the KamonKamon album? It was supposed to be released by BMG but haven't seen it around yet.

Offline jlemuel74

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2003, 02:17:39 PM »
Never heard of it, maybe i am still in pluto during that time... who's that anyway.
he he he

Offline No Bastos

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2004, 12:43:52 PM »
i love <S>andwich particularly Raimund. Magaling syang musician.:cool:

Offline IronMeyden

Re: raimund marasigan has projects?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 04:12:22 AM »
Quote from: lucky bamboo
i havent heard of raimund's projects what are they and how are they, are they ok?

i don't like him anyways..he is kinda mayabang for me..well i guess cause of how he looks..and acts.. nevermind

i like ely and marcus and buddy..ooh i used to have a crush on buddy...ssshh..lol...

but he is taken..oh well who cares..

well hope the three of them are fine..

Mona

I have heard a Marasigan track in the Slapshock remix album= ok lang pero medyo rushed (see review in the slapshock forum)
though i might be mistaken, as for Raimund the rock star, i think props for his attitude. Never sa kasaysayan ng OPM mayroong musikerong nambara ng fan... Never rin sa kasaysayang ng OPM na mayroong musikerong nag mu-multitask. But see, now that the 'Heads are no more the good stuff is just starting to begin;
Ely cut a track with Death Threat, sang with Jaya, and formed the Mongols, Raims makes beats, makes records for his bands and fronts Sandwich. There's Surfer Marcus and his dog, in w/c i think that the record kicks ass, and Buddy's Twisted Halo.
At a time when OPM is suffering all these mediocrity and crap
its nice to know that the Eraserheads are once again paving the way to total OPM domination.

Offline No Bastos

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 01:54:59 PM »
More often we misinterpret a lot of people. You wanna see a real mayabang? Wala. Dimonyo baka meron.:D