hulika

Author Topic: An exercise thread:Closed arm (diamond) pushups vs. regular clipped-wing pushups  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
Going back to regular pushup (press-up) wisdom, the closer together your palms are when you perform a press up (assuming you do it with proper form and your arms bend to the back, not to the side), the more you activate your triceps. But would anyone here know how much more effective diamond pushups are than regular ones? I mean, in my case for example, is it better to do a set of 40 regular pushups than 25 closed arm pushups?

Offline raginghormones

• Philmusicus Addictus
i think sir both naman are effective. pareho naman tama nyan sa pecs and triceps. and i believe same sets and reps will not matter just as long as you perform it with proper form.
"Amateurs worry about equipment,
professionals worry about money,
masters worry about light...  I just take pictures..."-Vernon Trent

Offline Ripantnow

• Philmusicus Noobitus
nakakalaki ito ng chest ano?
Deals since 2007:
Zedane,simon_divitico,yahoo!,super slinky2x,deathby0226,kalel_23,obetski3x,Opay21,eneshi29,radiantsky, XFree,jazzlikeme2x,loowie2x,Rockstan4x,bananagrahamskyflakes3x,matamores,neiloid2x,smilelines,jetleebog,demise

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
both target and work different muscle groups. a pushup is a compound exercise, meaning you work out mutiple muscle groups at one time. closed arm (diamond pushups) work your trapezius, upper pectorals and shoulders a lot more than the other pushup variations which focus more on the majority of the back muscle and the trapezius. in either case, you are working out your ab muscles, serratus muscles (wings+traps) and lower back. a worthwhile variation would be to use elevated feet pushups. i do pushups using an inflated ball or put my legs up on a chair to isolate the chest a lot more when doing the exercise. like before, you are working on your core muscles as well during the exercise for stability.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!