hulika

Author Topic: Will have my first jazz gig OMG :D  (Read 5386 times)

Offline deyb kos

Re: Will have my first jazz gig OMG :D
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »
Later na yung gig. SCARED!! But screw that, ill forget everything and enjoy. :) Just in case, 6-7pm ccp jazz fest w/ ust jazz band. Headed by Sir Tots Tolentino.  :-)

I watched your gig last night. After the show I invited Kiko de Pano, his brod and anothe guy from your group for a couple of drinks.

Offline bea_rox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »
I watched your gig last night. After the show I invited Kiko de Pano, his brod and anothe guy from your group for a couple of drinks.
Wow! I played the first few songs. hehe! I dont know much about the people in my group since sir Tots just randomly invited me to play (not even a music major hehe) but hey, everyone has been really welcoming. And for some reason, they dont really care about my mistakes (yay!) and tend to focus/compliment me on my strengths... just too kind. In case you havent noticed, I'm undoubtedly the awkwardest member in the group. hehe! Anyway, napakwento ako. I hope you enjoyed sir!!! :)
Med student. Bassist. Jazz fan.

View my youtube videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/beabass

Offline deyb kos

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 06:53:46 PM »
Of course I enjoyed the show. Don't worry, kung may sablay man wala naman nakapansin. Buti ka pa you had a chance to play with a big band.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 09:22:50 PM »
Hi Bea - We met and chatted yesterday, I was a performer too.  I was with two other older guys who were having dinner beside the performance area. My name is Joric.

Good job, tuloy ma yan. you're in good hands with nyor Tots.

Offline bea_rox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 06:03:07 PM »
Hi Bea - We met and chatted yesterday, I was a performer too.  I was with two other older guys who were having dinner beside the performance area. My name is Joric.

Good job, tuloy ma yan. you're in good hands with nyor Tots.
Hey sir Joric! It was nice meeting you along with your two friends. Hehe!! I figured you were a performer too from the rather familiar food you were eating... uhm, did you like it? hehehe. Hopefully more opportunities like these. Thanks sir you are right. And Sir tots is just too kind.. I am more of a fan than i ever was. hehe. actually the mere fact that he is in some little way taking notice of me (im just a non-music major/jazz enthusiast who likes to play with aebersold tracks alone) is a big inspiration already. I have never been so inspired musically in my life. Sorry, napakwento ulit. I tend to get excited when i talk about these things. hehe!  :-)

Offline 216zig

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »
How was the gig? Too bad I wasn't able to watch the concert.  :( Hope you had a great experience! :D

Offline blackwingchai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »
Hey sir Joric! It was nice meeting you along with your two friends. Hehe!! I figured you were a performer too from the rather familiar food you were eating... uhm, did you like it? hehehe. Hopefully more opportunities like these. Thanks sir you are right. And Sir tots is just too kind.. I am more of a fan than i ever was. hehe. actually the mere fact that he is in some little way taking notice of me (im just a non-music major/jazz enthusiast who likes to play with aebersold tracks alone) is a big inspiration already. I have never been so inspired musically in my life. Sorry, napakwento ulit. I tend to get excited when i talk about these things. hehe!  :-)
Hi Bea, congratulation sa iyong first gig, wow.
remember me? I invited you dati to jam with our group.
sarap naman, naka tugtugan mo mga senyores..
regards
chai.
OT:sweet Philmusic is Back\m/
MAKE ME SICK I MAKE MUSIC

Offline bea_rox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »
Hi Bea, congratulation sa iyong first gig, wow.
remember me? I invited you dati to jam with our group.
sarap naman, naka tugtugan mo mga senyores..
regards
chai.
OT:sweet Philmusic is Back\m/

Thank you chai! Hi, yes of course i do. :) Hehehe. Yes, daming nyor dun! Pero big band setting naman so i just hid in the back. lol!

OT: Actually, id like to think na malaki pinagbago ko since this gig - i dont get scared na much and mas nag fofocus na ako sa tugtugan itself. this was after pagalitan ako ng teacher ko for my very bad habit of stage fright/consciousness etc. no more blanking out/"omg" thoughts and so forth. haha! Wala lang, just read back my posts and halata yung OA na takot/pagka conscious ko haha! Ugh....