hulika

Author Topic: OD/DIST RESULTS/photos are in. lawl  (Read 38547 times)

Offline metalheadz

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Overdrive ~ Distortion shoot- out/party
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 08:57:21 PM »
Can I suggest this kind of format? :-D
Psalm 119:105
Colossians 2:8
"We love because he first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 09:35:42 PM »
sana sa freedom para maka attend ako :-D

at sana wag feb 19 gusto ko manuod ng taylor swift concert :lol: :lol:
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »

this is good, except that, dapat maingay tayo!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »
this is good, except that, dapat maingay tayo!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

:evil: epic :evil:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:02:46 PM by teleclem »

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »
Sana may magdala AMT pedals lalo n ung R1...
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 10:06:31 PM »
Turi, put a master list soon? :-D since more people have chimed in with their pedals/requests.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 10:16:27 PM »
Can I volunteer as the demo boy? pretty pretty please?  :-D

If you guys agree, we'll have to agree on whether I have to remain impartial or if my say counts.

I'll bring tele and stratocaster. You guys can bring HB loaded stuff so we can hear how the peds sound through different standard guitars.

Fully agree on this.  :-D

I'll bring my 2 Barbers, if I have the opportunity to attend. In case I can't, can anyone pick it up from here? I can lend it for the event.  :-)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 10:24:54 PM »
Sali ako. Pero modded pedals lang entries ko.

Saka maybe we can correct the errors of the last one. Like using a pedal-friendly (aka transparent) amp and maybe some pre-tweaking for the sweet spot.

Teka hows the format ba ? Blind test or demo ? 

Agree on the transparent amp as a good benchmark for "averaging" amp tone offerings. Unfortunately its not telling on most cases of real, practical applications. Better sana kung 2 amps - Fender Twin and Marshall head. But if not, a flat amp is a good compromise.

Our format last time was double blind, neither the player nor the audience/judges saw the pedal.

Anton - Would be great if u can demo but we'll need you to constantly repeat riffs, chords, and licks, like we asked and Nathan did then. I trust it's not a problem.

Btw, have been exchanging notes and planning something like this w/ Joey P and some musician/gearhound friends. Ask ko siya if he is interested to come, judge or demo.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 10:25:31 PM »
ill bring my LAZER METAL ROCKER...

I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 10:32:14 PM »
what if a local user was there but not the builder? i.e. I use Sebastienn's BSIAB but he is not there to facilitate it :?

I still have his delay and phaser on my board. I love 'em!

We could bring his stuff for all and sundry to hear, and I'm a little concerned about his accessibilty though. additionally, there are other makers out there that are not in the NCR.

Also, you have a very good point, and it also raises the question on pedals that are not currently/no longer manufactured (as plenty of them are just plain awesome but bordering on unobtanium  :-( ).

My thoughts are:

1. bring them anyway for the benefit of the shoot-out, in the spirit of all things Pinoy.
2. Set-up a special category for them to differentiate them from what is current and within foot/hand/wallet's reach.

waddaya think peeps?

I feel that it wouldn't be fair to leave them out, and my spidey senses tells me that some pedals might appreciate in value vs. the demand and availability  :evil: :evil: :evil:

hehehehe...

@ Rev

Absolutely. This time, I will be a human looper. And i'll sort things out. Like stick to a standard rhythmic riff with chords and such, repeat the same solo til everyones ears bleed  :-P

I surely hope yatpu joins in the fun!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 10:37:03 PM »
Btw, there prolly needs to be a poll on which types and specific pedals lang talaga isasama. Otherwise, sobrang dami...

I propose that all the local builds enter tho, then pit them against the usual suspects or what they are bases on: TS808, Zendrive, Timmy, Lovepedals, RC/AC Booster, FD2, OCD, etc...

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 10:50:20 PM »
Btw, there prolly needs to be a poll on which types and specific pedals lang talaga isasama. Otherwise, sobrang dami...

I propose that all the local builds enter tho, then pit them against the usual suspects or what they are bases on: TS808, Zendrive, Timmy, Lovepedals, RC/AC Booster, FD2, OCD, etc...

Agree. It might be hard to efficiently do it kapag masyado maraming pedals (but kung kaya, that would be nice).

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 12:12:09 AM »
yes please, also bring the better, commonly used and neutral solid state amps like peavey bandits, laneys.

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 12:25:44 AM »

Saka maybe we can correct the errors of the last one. Like using a pedal-friendly (aka transparent) amp and maybe some pre-tweaking for the sweet spot.

Blind Test = Brutal Truth  :evil:

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 12:44:03 AM »

Both.

@Turi -

Please add ZAB electronics. thats musikerchan's stuff. I'll bring what I have and what he may send to me. Will communicate it to him.

@Fafa BAMF-

I totally agree!

How about we throw in the common solid state amps as well, such as the makes and models that we find in bars? That would subject the pedals to a reality check also.

Also...

Can I volunteer as the demo boy? pretty pretty please?  :-D

If you guys agree, we'll have to agree on whether I have to remain impartial or if my say counts.

I'll bring tele and stratocaster. You guys can bring HB loaded stuff so we can hear how the peds sound through different standard guitars.

Best he goes to the event himself so people can actually meet the builders. It will be fair to other builders as well. If not, we can just all go without them and bring what we bought locally. There are no confirmed dates nor venues yet. So I am absolutely sure, if he wants to attend, there's plenty of time to prepare.

Yes, please be the demo boy. Haven't seen Nathan around much on GC  :-D Would be great if someone told him too. lawl

Possible.

sana sa freedom para maka attend ako :-D

at sana wag feb 19 gusto ko manuod ng taylor swift concert :lol: :lol:

You're asking too much. lol.

Fully agree on this.  :-D

I'll bring my 2 Barbers, if I have the opportunity to attend. In case I can't, can anyone pick it up from here? I can lend it for the event.  :-)

Best you go my man. No one has actually seen you or your bro on any of our GC events.
And he's a sure winner for he Community awards.  lawl
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 12:47:14 AM »
For this to be a success, there should be one team who'll work on compiling the "participant" pedals and/or gear and there should be another team who'll work on the rules of the shootout.

Who'll do what? Let's go!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 12:47:41 AM »
For the builders who are outside of Luzon, that's understandable.
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 01:21:22 AM »
Can you have someone play bass on them too, or am I the odd man out? :D
Surf's Up!

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 01:23:33 AM »
Can you have someone play bass on them too, or am I the odd man out? :D

May free jam malamang. You should go.  :-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2011, 01:48:48 AM »
It's not a bad idea at all to build on the previous rules of the 2007 shootout and refine them.

I strongly vote lang for a transparent amp so that the pedals will be heard on their own merits (aka standalone tone) rather than being part of a "system". Kasi kung mix and match tayo, 2012 na di pa tayo tapos.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline free2rock

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2011, 05:18:35 AM »
There should be choices for guitar with different woods and pickup types. Strats, Teles, Les Pauls, hollowbody... Single coils, humbuckers, filtertrons, active pickups etc. etc. etc.

:-D
LIKE us on FB!
RURU GUITAR STRAPS http://www.facebook.com/RuruGuitarStraps  GILEAD CUSTOM GUITARS http://www.facebook.com/GileadCustomGuitars

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2011, 08:03:35 AM »
Best you go my man. No one has actually seen you or your bro on any of our GC events.
And he's a sure winner for he Community awards.  lawl

I'll try. If time permits, and pag walang exams. GC events usually occur during hell weeks, and/or my parent's anniversary.  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:18:06 AM by cayle »

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2011, 08:44:05 AM »
game ako :)
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2011, 08:50:31 AM »