hulika

Author Topic: china copies?  (Read 39685 times)

Offline Kulas

Re: china copies?
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2013, 04:46:54 PM »
nope. pero may rule sa classifieds na bawal magbenta nun, kaso hindi naman lahat ng items nai-inspect ng mods or nung classifieds watch team.

yup tama si jeff. dapat maging familiar ka with the price ranges ng bentahan dito sa forum. hindi naman nagkakalayo eh, so more or less may idea ka kung peke yung guitar. eto sample, more or less ganito:

fender MIM standard - 15-25k
fender MIJ/CIJ - 20-35k
fender MIA - 30k minimum. (depende sa series)

gibson LP - 60-70k minimum.
gibson LP studio - 30-35k minimum.
gibson SG - 40k minimum.

epiphone MIK - 20-30k
epiphone MIC - 15-25k (can be higher or lower depende sa series)

ayan, hehe. so pag nakakita ka ng gibson LP for sale MIA daw na 25k lang, alam mo na, hehehe.

Offline xaeroblade

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2013, 06:28:06 PM »
@ TS

bro if you're playing in church, i think what should matter is the ministry than the implement. cmiiw. i don't think the congregation will be dissecting your tone or check for hiyaaaaaw. it's a service for your church, not a G3 concert :-D

but of course nasa sa iyo na how you will see it through, using a guitar that's built essentially to be passed off as the real thing.  :wink:

+1 for the hiyaw  :lol:
And yeah since you're playing for the church its not like everyone there is a tone freak or that God would be pleased because your guitar has the HIYAAAAW and give you blessing because you have the hiyaw. For me your intention on why you play for the church are more important than the actual gear you use, unless the gear used sounds like crap.

Topic:
They're fine with me as long as the quality of the guitar is good, I've gotta admit there are some, if not rare, copies that can in a way match the original.
Bands: Project:Materia and

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2013, 06:37:33 PM »
medyo OT: share ko lang experience ko, may nag SMS sakin asking for a trade for his musicman to my godin. He doesn't know the model of his MM but i had him describe it for me. Ang weird kase neck-through daw siya, wala akong makitang vintage model ng MM (vintage daw according to him). He got it daw as a gift from a foreigner pastor before leaving the country. He invited me to their church to see it in action. Since sa church naman ito i went confident agad.

So pagdating ko dun, i saw him playing the guitar then after a couple of songs he handed it to me.

* inspection mode (binilhan pa ako ng meryenda)

Alam mo yung feeling na gusto mo nalang mag disappear bigla  :eek: like at the back of your mind iniisip mo na sana di ka nalang tumuloy malamang your enjoying having a rest at home pa hahaha

The guitar happens to be an aria Pro TS decaled with Musicman logo (looks like this)

You bought it?
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline Freak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
You bought it?

I declined the trade offer and humbly told him the truth. He can't believe what he found out about his guitar. I even showed him what im saying is true by making him look at the machineheads where the brand is inscribed. I pity the guy, mukhang super effort pa siya to cover the guitar with oil to make it look sleek  :lol:

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 06:21:08 PM »
I declined the trade offer and humbly told him the truth. He can't believe what he found out about his guitar. I even showed him what im saying is true by making him look at the machineheads where the brand is inscribed. I pity the guy, mukhang super effort pa siya to cover the guitar with oil to make it look sleek  :lol:

If I were in your place, I don't know what to do or alibi or maybe even tell the truth. Sa church pa talaga with matching miryenda!  :eek:
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline tulo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 07:14:39 PM »
No to guitar. But for shoes,jeans,dress,watch I prefer chinese copies. Very cheap and better quality.

Offline jude.nash

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »
hhmmm..seems generally guys out here wouldnt prefer these china copies...and thanks for advising me the running prices for fenders and gibson...just out of curiosity..i tried browsing the ads here and

no offense to sellers.dean dimebag series running 10-12k bnew...are they legits?from my knowledge...they range at least 20k upare they legits? i really want one of those next to LP's...

again...mga sir,no offense to the sellers....how can i determine if they are legits and really bnew?

Offline jude.nash

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »
there are also posts at sulit.com running the same...but these guys from sulit never declare if they are legits or not...so..i assume that they are also copies...

mods no offense to sellers talga

Offline jude.nash

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 08:39:20 PM »
also michael amott's sig...

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »
hhmmm..seems generally guys out here wouldnt prefer these china copies...and thanks for advising me the running prices for fenders and gibson...just out of curiosity..i tried browsing the ads here and

no offense to sellers.dean dimebag series running 10-12k bnew...are they legits?from my knowledge...they range at least 20k upare they legits? i really want one of those next to LP's...

again...mga sir,no offense to the sellers....how can i determine if they are legits and really bnew?

Actually, if it's legit china made deans(more of kung 2nd hand) it can range from 10k+.

No to guitar. But for shoes,jeans,dress,watch I prefer chinese copies. Very cheap and better quality.

I prefer legit to everything. I only buy legit stuff that i can afford.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline jude.nash

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 08:51:51 PM »
but they claim it to be bnew...so are you saying they are copies???

Offline Allan_Reamillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 09:39:26 PM »
I'm also curious about the Dean Dime and Razorback ML's and I've been wanting to buy one for a long time already. They are tempting at the prices they are sold for with some even including the combo soft/hard case. They also look the same as the originals with just different pick-ups (bridge pick-up with 12 pole pieces instead of the blade type like BL's found in Dean's website) but with the same Grover Tuners, Dime Traction Knobs and Floyd Rose Specials. Some guys I've talked to theorized that they are legit but didn't pass the QC of Dean that's why they are being sold cheap.

Offline graysolis

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2013, 10:10:39 PM »
china copies like lespaul and other guitars they are good and very closed to original, but I think you need to invest to buy good a pickups   :-D just an opinion
"Don't Hesitate Just Go"

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2013, 06:49:28 AM »
but they claim it to be bnew...so are you saying they are copies???

why not ask the sellers themselves?  :wink:

we can never tell for sure and often the best way is to go directly to the seller. all of my purchases here in Philmusic had been good, and sellers i contacted readily allowed me to inspect the goods...the seller of my now favorite guitar allowed me to visit his house late at night and test all i want before i actually plunked money on the stuff  :-D
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline jude.nash

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:59 AM »
I'm also curious about the Dean Dime and Razorback ML's and I've been wanting to buy one for a long time already. They are tempting at the prices they are sold for with some even including the combo soft/hard case. They also look the same as the originals with just different pick-ups (bridge pick-up with 12 pole pieces instead of the blade type like BL's found in Dean's website) but with the same Grover Tuners, Dime Traction Knobs and Floyd Rose Specials. Some guys I've talked to theorized that they are legit but didn't pass the QC of Dean that's why they are being sold cheap.

any feedback on this guys? i also crave for dean dime razorback...i think the sellers should at least be right away informative about their stuff....seems it really creates a confusion...

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »
china copies like lespaul and other guitars they are good and very closed to original, but I think you need to invest to buy good a pickups   :-D just an opinion
I dont think they are closed.. Does an original guitar really matters?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:58:20 AM by alvinratsim »
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline jude.nash

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2013, 09:09:35 AM »
I dont think they are closed.. Does an original guitar really matters?

i do not only pertain to gibsons and fenders here..there are other brands being copied as well...but their long term use is what matter the most. thats why i solicit the help of those who might have tried them out personally

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »

Better quality? Than the original? :-o
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:21 AM »

lol
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline jude.nash

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2013, 10:36:07 AM »

hes not pertaining to guitars right? maybe that was based from experience..for me..kung di mo gagamitin maybe...
still,apparels are different when it comes to guitars

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »
hes not pertaining to guitars right? maybe that was based from experience..for me..kung di mo gagamitin maybe...
still,apparels are different when it comes to guitars

Even so. It's still quite absurd to think that copies, imitations or fakes have better quality than their original counterparts. Think about it. Ignorance is bliss, as they say. But this is too much.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »
galing ng transition ng thread na to...  :lol:

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2013, 10:54:24 AM »
galing ng transition ng thread na to...  :lol:

Agree. lulz
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1016185/fake-chinese-electronics-perform-originals

Performance and durability are two different things of course. Tsaka nag-iiba talaga usapan pag dating sa mga add-ons. But I have yet to see a fake outperform the original.