hulika

Author Topic: Jamfest at Mag:net last night -- bingi na ako!  (Read 17695 times)

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
Jamfest at Mag:net last night -- bingi na ako!
« on: March 03, 2007, 12:45:22 PM »
Another outrageous, hysterical, amusing, drunken, and eye/ear-popping jam last night with the Blue Rats at Mag:net Katipunan. Made even louder by the hot and tight surprise set by Snakecharmer.

Guest Jammers
Drummers: Bennii Obana (overdrive), Jim Ayson (THE dude)
Bass players: deacon blues
Guitar players: psychic sushi, delta slim, tele tubby, messyhands, dominant chord, marcus adoro (sort of....  :-D)

Almost a 5-hour extravaganza of serious decibels with a bunch of scalarized instruments wailing away -- a true stratfest with the king of the tootsie rolls BAMF in attendance and doing Joey P's strat on the spot.

Highlight of the evening: the bluesy/jazzy/fusiony mini-set with Jim A., deacon blues, dominant chord..... and Joey P. and psychic sushi cutting heads on "freeway jam".

Most damaged: Audience's eardrums. Incredible how the place was full all the way to the bitter end!.... not sure now what or who was more damaged.... the eardrums or Marcus......  :wink:

Slipperiest moves: delta slim who managed to sneak away from his in-laws, slip into Mag:net, and slide up and down his red SG's neck...

Happiest folks: the guys at Mag:net who raked it in from folks who drank more than they ate. Or maybe it was dopedeeva who "spread the birthday love".... and the birthday booze...

Saddest folks: The audience and jammers. Despite heavy crowd chanting and clear popular demand on four occasions, veggie joe refused to get up there to rattle the walls and blow us all away.  :-P :lol:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 02:28:48 PM by blue buddha »

Offline ponky26

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Jamfest at Mag:net last night -- bingi na ako!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »
bossing tanong ko lang hindi ko kilala kasi kung sinosino kayo dun last night.. i noticed ung isang strat ng nakijam sa inyo kakaiba tunog.. is that the one that has been scalarized?

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »
grabe man, how do you remember these details?!!!

Most damaged: Audience's eardrums. Incredible how the place was full all the way to the bitter end!.... not sure now what or who was more damaged.... the eardrums or Marcus......  :wink:

wehehehehehe... Marcus after the jam "tol, wala na ata akong mukhang ihaharap sa Mag:net"

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 01:16:23 PM »
bossing tanong ko lang hindi ko kilala kasi kung sinosino kayo dun last night.. i noticed ung isang strat ng nakijam sa inyo kakaiba tunog.. is that the one that has been scalarized?

malamang si Anton yun.  not sure kung scalarized yun though.. ahhh BAMF?

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 01:47:42 PM »
Slipperiest moves: delta slim who managed to sneak away from his in-laws, slip into Mag:net, and slide up and down his red SG's neck...

Hehe... it's an art!  ;-)

Thanks for the jam. Let me know any time you need another CR break; I'm glad to pinch-hit. 

Great, helter-skelter night-cum-bday celebration!

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 02:26:35 PM »

malamang si Anton yun.  not sure kung scalarized yun though.. ahhh BAMF?

ponky, yep.... the 3-tone sunburst greco strat with the rosewood fretboard that was the loudest, punchiest, had the most body, and sounded like something between a single coil and a humbucking pickup was being played by psychic sushi (aka. anton) -- he was in the dark blue shirt and stood in the center last night. I believe it was a scalarized strat but am not sure which version was in it -- crystal or metal or both. It was also plugged into a BAMF modded pedal. So double whammy talaga.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 04:25:11 PM »
It was a golly-gee night of mixed emotions for me.

Very happy to see familiar faces and friends at Philmusic.

Very honored to have the chance to stuff my little toosie roll into the output cavity of..ooops...let's do that again..the chance to scalarize Joey P's EMG-loaded Strat .

Very frustrated. Lots of sales to be made, business matters to be talked about (e.g. w beachhead and manic distortion), lots of gorgeous ladies to be met, and me with absolutely with no voice to carry a conversation. UGH ! Crying shame. Oh well...woke up this morning with a voice. Ba't ganun ? Nang-aasar lang ata talaga ang tadhana...
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 04:35:38 PM »
Hi y'all!  :-)

Damn, it was a smoking, loud evening. and the music was right up there! My right ear has kinda lost abit of high-end reception, but it'll heal, i'm sure of it  :wink:

I had a blast doing "freeway jam" and "blue bossa" with my idol, joey yatpu. he's that man! talk about hitting the right notes and capturing the moment. ultra-fantastic!

if it's my guitar you're wondering about. the three tone sunburst narra pickguard greco strat, thats mine. The pick ups have been BAMF-potted, and loaded with a crystal scalarizer. i was using the ds-1 bakemono all evening.

i hope it sounded pleasant  :-)

i cant thank you guys enough for having me onboard, another memorable evening!

and it looks like jim, deacon and I need to rehearse! heheheheheh  :-P

"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 06:48:33 PM »
1am na kami dumating. di na namin naabutan SC. pero sulet :D

lalo last song sulet
There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.
Louis Armstrong
 http://akibanda.multiply.com  MSG RJUR PATAK BY ABS COMBO to 2959

Offline greatwolf

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 10:11:56 AM »
Wala bang video? :-)

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 12:39:03 PM »
grabe man, how do you remember these details?!!!

wahahaha BB didn't drink enough! aaaargh! and i was passing out shots to everyone! my girls were talking gibberish na nga eh!  :-D

great great night you guys, thanks for blowing all of us away. here's a memento of that awesome evening...

sorry konti lang ng pics eh, i was too drunk to think hehehe....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 12:40:30 PM by dopedeeva »
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »
That shot should be entitled "The Deeva's Stud Farm".  :-D

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »
Dang, what a night... Felt the hangover all the way through til Sunday!  But it was worth it.   :-D  DD, Glad your birthday was merry.   :-D  Bamf, glad you feel better.  See you guys at Handlebar on the 16th!   :-)
Imagine a world without bass...

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 11:17:01 PM »
Whew, my hearing is finally "normalized"...  :lol:

Glad to be part of Dopedeeva's "Stud Farm", i'm flanked by great stable-mates  :-D

Your natal day celebration was lterally and figuratively A BLAST  :evil:

"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 11:47:26 PM »
That shot should be entitled "The Deeva's Stud Farm".  :-D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 11:52:06 PM »

waha thanks! someone even texted sana birthday ko na daw ulit. how cool is that? so fun! kitakits ulit on the 16th!!! birthday celebration ni BB  :-D

Offline Deacon Blues

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »
Dopedeeva,

I didn't know it was your birthday ... :?

I thought we were celebrating something else that night ...  :-D maybe that's why BAMF was literally 'speechless' ... hehehe

Anyway, that WAS quite one rockin' shebang! Thanks to blue buddha, joey p, johnny and the rest of the rats for being such gracious hosts ..

Cheers!
"No static at all ..."

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 01:06:40 AM »
Dopedeeva,

I didn't know it was your birthday ... :?

I thought we were celebrating something else that night ...  :-D maybe that's why BAMF was literally 'speechless' ... hehehe

Anyway, that WAS quite one rockin' shebang! Thanks to blue buddha, joey p, johnny and the rest of the rats for being such gracious hosts ..

Cheers!

no worries! you guys had fun, everyone else got so wasted...that's all that matters. see you at the next gig! :D

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 03:54:51 PM »

waha thanks! someone even texted sana birthday ko na daw ulit. how cool is that? so fun! kitakits ulit on the 16th!!! birthday celebration ni BB  :-D

Maulit sana on the 16th at Handlebar...... pero hindi ko birthday then! Don't listen to the deeva. By her own self-incriminatory admission, she is doped.  :lol:

Cheers!

DB, the pleasure was ours -- trust us. Thank God you were gracious enough to accept our invitation  to jam. Otherwise I'm afraid that we'd all have ended up with auditory nerve damage....

You're always welcome to sit in.  :wink:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:41 AM »
BB - Two things:

1.  If I'm going to use my guitar; next time I promise to tune to concert pitch first!
2.  Sana maka-jam ako sa Statesboro Blues -- sigurado akong di mapapahiya dun.  But moreso on major-y songs like "The Weight" -- risky pa rin but the potential rewards are high.  I love how Derek Trucks does his thing on seemingly "happy sounding" (vs. minor/pentatonic) songs  ;-)

Hehe... kapal na jammer no?!   :-D

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:21 AM »
That evening was quite a treat! Dopedeeva's booze-theme'd b'day celebration, great blues music, good friends, bonus sets from Snakecharmer and revered jammers instead of canned music, and quite a number of attractive ladies in the audience. Hubba-hubba!  Geez, ear and eye candy kept me so preoccupied, that I fogot to eat!  8-)

Saddest folks: The audience and jammers. Despite heavy crowd chanting and clear popular demand on four occasions, veggie joe refused to get up there to rattle the walls and blow us all away.  :-P :lol:

Sorry to disappoint my friends, but I don't feel the audience really needs to hear the least talented, with so many more "hasa" blues guitarslingers around, and willing and able.

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »
BB - Two things:

1.  If I'm going to use my guitar; next time I promise to tune to concert pitch first!
2.  Sana maka-jam ako sa Statesboro Blues -- sigurado akong di mapapahiya dun.  But moreso on major-y songs like "The Weight" -- risky pa rin but the potential rewards are high.  I love how Derek Trucks does his thing on seemingly "happy sounding" (vs. minor/pentatonic) songs  ;-)

Hehe... kapal na jammer no?!   :-D

Basta sa bandang ito, alam mo na..... there are no such things as "kapal jammers" ..... all you have to do is wink and we'll keep on playing ronda after ronda! And feeling nga namin ay napaka-respectful ninyo -- di kayo na nagsisignal ng "additional ikot pa" kaya minsan 2-3 ikots lang ang mga solo. Kaya din namin pinaikot si tele-tubby ng apat para siguradong wala nang natira after he tried to shoot his wad in 2!!!  :lol: :lol:

Ok sa Statesboro next time -- pahabain din natin yung solos. Tirahin mo din dapat It Hurts Me Too at One Way Out. Last Friday, sadyang wala kaming ginawang set kaya bara-bara lang ang selection. We agreed to keep it very loose 'cuz dopedeeva was too whacked to write out a coherent setlist!  :-D

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »
That evening was quite a treat! Dopedeeva's booze-theme'd b'day celebration, great blues music, good friends, bonus sets from Snakecharmer and revered jammers instead of canned music, and quite a number of attractive ladies in the audience. Hubba-hubba!  Geez, ear and eye candy kept me so preoccupied, that I fogot to eat!  8-)

Sorry to disappoint my friends, but I don't feel the audience really needs to hear the least talented, with so many more "hasa" blues guitarslingers around, and willing and able.

Nothing sweeter than ear and eye-candy. Not surprising you forgot to eat -- it's just not as sweet  :-D

But as you said: a big part of all the fun is having good friends there. All your friends want to do is to have the opportunity whistle, hoot, and holler at you to show their appreciation for your being around. "Hasa" blues players are a dime a dozen.... But there's only one Veggie Joe.  :-D

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 02:37:55 PM »
and quite a number of attractive ladies in the audience. Hubba-hubba!  Geez, ear and eye candy kept me so preoccupied, that I fogot to eat!  8-)

totoo nga!  man does not live on bread alone! :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 03:08:49 PM »
... and quite a number of attractive ladies in the audience. Hubba-hubba! 

Haha... I knew THAT wouldn't go un-noticed!  Daya nila, may bantay tayo eh.  Aaaarrggh!!!

Basta sa bandang ito, alam mo na..... there are no such things as "kapal jammers" ..... all you have to do is wink and we'll keep on playing ronda after ronda! And feeling nga namin ay napaka-respectful ninyo -- di kayo na nagsisignal ng "additional ikot pa" kaya minsan 2-3 ikots lang ang mga solo. Kaya din namin pinaikot si tele-tubby ng apat para siguradong wala nang natira after he tried to shoot his wad in 2!!!  :lol: :lol:

Ok sa Statesboro next time -- pahabain din natin yung solos. Tirahin mo din dapat It Hurts Me Too at One Way Out.

Thanks, BB, sige laban kung laban!