hulika

Author Topic: Putting up a production? Read this!  (Read 76538 times)

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Putting up a production? Read this!
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2008, 11:49:30 AM »
Select a proper venue.
Organizers should look for bars that have a good record, and avoid bars that want advance payments or have unfair policies. The best bars in Manila belong to people who would rather choose good reputation over profit. The owners of these bars are a very friendly bunch, so there isn’t much of a problem in approaching them. The organizer and the bar owners must agree on a set of policies so that there will be no post-gig squabbles and complications.

Enforce a strict schedule.
Having a production requires at least a month of planning. The lineup must be finalized at least a week and a half before the event so that advertising materials can be produced and posted, and the bands must be simultaneously asked about their preferred time to perform days prior to the event so that the timeslots can be finalized. There must be a proper call time for bands so each can be available in case a band gets late. Those who get late must be moved to the last spot, even if they're  a mainstream band. Equality and diplomacy must be strictly enforced.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:06:48 AM by Gep »

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 11:50:59 AM »
Have a healthy mix of bands.
Organizers should aim for an equal ratio of amateur and mainstream bands. It may cost an arm to ask for mainstream bands to play, but it will be worth it due to the following reasons: there will be a proper audience who would want to see these bands play, the organizer’s connections in the music scene will expand, and the production’s overall reputation will become more positive.

An equal number of amateur bands must be given an opportunity to play with these mainstream acts. If given such an opportunity, these bands would take initiative to invite their peers to watch them in such a high-quality gig, rather than be forced to sell tickets. It will be an advantage for both the organizer and the bands. However, organizers must only let the best amateur bands play in the gig, so that other aspiring bands will keep on playing better. They must only be allowed join the event once they present a decent set/demo.

The best number of bands in a lineup is four to six, so that each band may have more exposure time and can play more songs. Lineups exceeding eight bands usually have lineup shuffling, managers complaining, and amateur bands getting disappointed.

An organizer shouldn’t patronize the same bands every other gig, though he can sneak his own band in often.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:08:13 AM by Gep »

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 11:53:00 AM »
Aim for good production policies.
Exposure, both for the production and the band, is always the goal. As a rule, the more an organizer produces a great show, the bigger money he earns. The organizer must keep a higher goal so he can run the show even without having monetary gain in the short run. A production must be professional enough to prevent favoritism.

These steps are the basis for the bimonthly productions that I have established for the past couple of years. I do hope you'd follow these steps too, so you can take part in helping the scene progress further.

See you at the next gig.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:09:42 AM by Gep »

Offline dovanditz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 02:12:10 AM »
Try Middle Class, Shameless, Feel Music Collective and Banda Bandila Production
malay nyo magustuhan nyo
DIWATA

Offline music zone

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2008, 09:35:02 PM »

wow ganda ng thread na ito ah

anyway, if planning to build up a production, i would suggest it would benefit both parties (the bands and the production). Then make certain rules and regulations so the bands would understand the terms and conditions on the production you have created. If they don't agree, don't force them and look for bands who are interested. Much better if the production and the bands would have a signed agreement (just incase something happens).

Mas maganda if no ticket selling talaga. Pag pera kasi pinag usapan, minsan iba ang naiisip, nagkakaroon ng contradictions. and some bands will fell being used. Mas maganda kung transparent.

In MUSIC ZONE's case, we are tied up with our foreign counterparts. We also an event services team in w/c we provide set ups (lights, sounds, and band eqpts) to our clients. So if ever we got a project (let's say a concert for a cause), we have regular bands to play as front act bands before the main band (usually a known recording band). Then to our foreign counterparts, kapag may international event and the host country is Philippines, our regular line up bands will be there to take part. Usually kasi we don't make regular gigs for bands (coz bars usually ask for fees when you set up a production to their establishments w/c forces to ticket selling). wla masama in ticket selling actually but depends on what purpose yun. So we tried na lang kapag may event kami (like concerts), dun na lang sila mag play. At least lots of people will able to get watch the bands, at nakatulong pa ang lahat. All beneficial to both production and bands as well. nasa pag uusap naman yan eh.

And if we have clients for private events (like company parties), our bands gets paid also.

You can also check Music Zone website @ www.musiczonephil.cjb.net and you will see the last event we had done (last october 30 @ Hard Rock Cafe. just check under NEWS)

I hope my share of knowledge would benefit others.

Offline Glass Onion

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2008, 12:31:27 AM »
Try Middle Class, Shameless, Feel Music Collective and Banda Bandila Production
malay nyo magustuhan nyo

Amen! Apir! :lol:

Offline Videoke_Man

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 10:19:32 AM »
Thanks for sharing Ser GEP!  :-D
Haduken!!

Offline melody_guitar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2008, 11:54:17 PM »
hay kay hirap nga naman magpromote ng own or original music mo.. buti na lang di ko pa nararanasan to kasi matagal talaga ako nag-show band and acoustic..and luckly kumita din talaga ako kahit paano nung mga panahon na yun.. but now, mukhang dito ako malilinya sa mga prods dahil may sarili na akong music.hehehe..

pero depende pa din talaga..gusto ko din maexperience na makikipagsiksikan ka sa mga bands para makatugtog ka lang ng 3 to 4 songs..hehehe..

i heard pa nga sa mga some productions na required pa ang band niyo na magbayad para makatugtog..hehehe..ewan ko pero ang prod eh magiging succesful talaga with proper strategies, advertisement, network, and marketing..

even if a small prod or a large concert like yung concert ni beyonce here sa pinas, talagang hit talaga siya..i think applicable din yan sa maliliit na prods..

pero hanga talaga ako sa passion ng mga musikero na tumutugtog sa prods..talagang malaki ang puso nila.. biruin mo minsan magbabayad pa sila tapos maghihintay ng matagal bago makatugtog pagtapos mga 3 songs lang tapos na..walang talent fee,walang pagkain, pagod, gastos sa pamasahe sa rehearsal, gastos sa rehearsal studio at transpo..pero at the end of the gig, they are all happy and satisfied coz their passion drives them.. its all about music..
Available Guitarist for bands, Showbands/variety music, acoustic etc../color]

Offline aison

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2009, 07:52:09 PM »
ETO SIMPLE LANG!!!

Come and party with us!

AGAINST THE FLOW PRODUCTIONS

"Dont talk to me your'e PANGET"

JANUARY 31 2009 @ DAYO BAR qc
(Near Betty Go LRT Sation)
7:PM ONWARDS

FEATURING:

SUBSCAPULAR
BLUE BOY BITES BACK
OREMUZ
FALLEN OPPRESSION
PEN FOR A BULLET
TOMORROW IS NEVER PROMISE
MAKAREL
JEJAVIEW
NONSENS
LATE FALL
LEGION
DEATH BY MISTAKE
MONDAY HOLIDAY
PHILIA
PELIGRO
TAKA
WXYZ
AMNESTY X
EUPHORIA
CHILLIMANSI
LOSERKIDS
RAGDOLL

DAMAGE: 100PHP

FOR MORE INFO TEXT OR CALL AISON

SAN KA PA?! PUNTA NA! SULIT TO TSONG!

Offline clae

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2009, 08:05:05 AM »
hey guys. i want to know more about putting up a prod. how much is the usual rent of venue?

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2009, 09:09:12 AM »
Dencii of Filipino metal made this flow chart:

Offline harvy

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2009, 02:05:31 AM »
Stop band exploitation!stop ticket selling or remittance!thats all,
POPE OF DOOM

Offline dansilvestre

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2009, 05:33:27 PM »
Hi I'm marc... & I have a band.. well nadisband kami before kc bc sa school & work but right now we think its time to go back to our passion "MUSIC"... we would like to be on your production, since its new I think magiging ok tayo we can start it right. sharing lng ng nalalaman... if your going to start it just give me a beep on my phone lets talk about that matter... 09233671589... keep it up! 8-)

Offline stoneagefrontman

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2009, 12:46:10 PM »
Thanks for the tips thinking of doing my own prod..now i am going to plan ahead...hopefully this ball gets rolling at middle of october...

Offline 13thchapter

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2009, 03:40:18 AM »

Nice thread...even just i don't know much about Prodution...wow  i learned a lot from this thread.

i'll sure keep this as a lessons..  :-D

But Kuya, If you need Production staff...i can be the one!

text nyo nalang poh:

:lol:
"THE BEST KIND OF MUSIC IS THE MUSIC THAT MAKES YOUR PARENT ENSANE"

ROCK'N ROLL MGA KAPATID  "BEWARE OF ALLUMINATI"

Offline otepandrew

• Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2010, 02:24:56 PM »
sir meron po kami 3piece acoustice band but we also using a drum set and electric bass and guitar san po ba kmi pwede magpalista for production?? ang band nmane po namin ay "J-A-N" we play all original song pls help us po to have our production heres's my contact 09156721727 - otep
kaya po JAN ang name ng band its because namen po namin lahat un JOSEPH,ADRIAN,NICOLE were ready to longe our 1st album its all love songs, alternative, and pop
biginner drummer

Offline bianxraquel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2010, 02:05:58 AM »
this might help.

http://notoscum.org

:-D

Offline stoneagefrontman

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »
thanks for the tips! My maiden project kicks off tomorrow! (medyo naolat nga lang sa deal sa bar pero what the hell it's a learning experience anyway)

LAUNCHPAD productions presents: FIRST NIGHT FLIGHT
a musical journey towards the great gig in the sky

Start Time:   
Friday, March 19, 2010 at 7:00pm
End Time:   
Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 2:00am

Join us as we embark on our maiden flight and climb the stairway to heaven with us as we journey towards the great gig in the sky! (No, hendrix nor lennon will not be there)

Listen as we pay tribute to the greats and glide with us as we share with you our own creations (Yes the booze is cheap!).

Witness an amalgamation of musical influences and bang your head or shake what your mama gave ya with:

ANIBUGHAW
CHUNKREWS
ERIC SATRIANI
FARRINGTON HEIGHTS
FILTERKEEN
MIDSUMMER
MUTZIA
ONE DROP JOINT
SAVE THE FALL
STONE AGE MAYHEM
STREETS OF MANILA

All seats taken! Now we want you! Join us! Rakenrol!

DAMAGE: 150php with one free beer

Offline didoKD

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2010, 10:48:44 PM »
visit ESPIYA band site http://espiya.ning.com/
or http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Music-Theory/120170920413?ref=ts#!/pages/ESPIYA/276314726596?ref=ts
or contact 09279826282 for some gig or if you are interested

Offline kliene

• Netizen Level
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2010, 03:34:27 PM »
question lang sa mga beteranong nagpprod. how do you survive your prod. sa mga prod na nakakatulong tlga sa mga banda mga prod na wlang ticket selling or something na magbebenifit sa kanila..pero tumatagal pa rin tlga?

Offline 123kidd

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2011, 03:54:31 PM »
try mo muna makipag co- production kung may papayag, makipag co prod ka dun sa mga matagal na nag pro- production, para matuto ka..  at wag mag papa ticket selling or bring friends  :-)

Offline oxxnptf

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »
Hi Prod managers,

Sorry kung medyo out of topic yung reply pero related naman siya. My bar kami na bagong kakatayo lang I hope I consider nyo ito for your event/gig. Name ng bar is owphor bar & resto, located along Tomas Morato cor. E. Rodriguez. Malapit lang siya my Shell station. Sana my bisita nyo mga brod paminsan minsan. By the way best seller namin is tofu sisig and pancit owphor. Sarap nyan naglalaway na nga ako habang tinatype ito  :lol:

Pa like na rin ng fan page mga brod https://www.facebook.com/OwphorBarResto

Offline rockywatnow

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:11 AM »
Bump ko lang to , Sana madugtungan  , after a couple of  years buhat ng magawa tong thread nato for sure marami ng bagong prod ang lumabas   , please additional insights naman po .
Free PC Games, Ebooks Downloads here : http://oi-lesgo.blogspot.ca/