hulika

Author Topic: Fender Japan vs. Fender USA vs. Fender Mexico: best quality-to-price ratio  (Read 23396 times)

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Fender Japan vs. Fender USA vs. Fender Mexico: best quality-to-price ratio
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2012, 09:02:37 AM »
lol @ me i forgot i bought a MIM last year whew time flies when you like guitars

bring one when you come home in Dgte. Hehehehe. Never had a fender before.

Anyway, BTT, I do agree that the older model Jap guitars are better in quality than the MIM guitars IMHO.

To my knowledge, production of MIMs are still continuing today right? The Fender Japan has been replace with the FGN guitar company.

:eek:
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »

To my knowledge, production of MIMs are still continuing today right?

Yup.  Their upcoming high-profile production run is for the (Foo Fighters') Chris Shiflett signature Telecaster and Nate Mendell signature P-bass.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »
I would be a bit left of center here... But for some reason the two MIA guitars that I picked are so way above any Asian or Mexican that I consider them exceptions among other Fender USA.

So far, I am really having problems finding magical sounding Japanese guitars these days. So, in terms of value, sulit Kung may mahanap ka.

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2012, 06:08:37 PM »
I would be a bit left of center here... But for some reason the two MIA guitars that I picked are so way above any Asian or Mexican that I consider them exceptions among other Fender USA.

So far, I am really having problems finding magical sounding Japanese guitars these days. So, in terms of value, sulit Kung may mahanap ka.

Do you have an opinion regarding MIM Fenders? I mean, they're close enough to the US and they do use a lot of the same parts (I could be wrong). How do you feel about them?
Offset guitars for life.